What is better, no guns, or more guns?

22 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

This kid brought a magazine to school I believe, wrote notes about it the school found. He never should have been in school and should have been on a psych hold. The school and the mother should be held responsible. They literally had a meeting that morning about it he should have been sent home and they should have had the cops take the guns away. So many failures 

Glad the mother of the Michigan kid is being held criminally responsible. 

• Vomit 1

14 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Glad the mother of the Michigan kid is being held criminally responsible. 

So you admit that it's people, not guns, that kill people. They also need to hold the bullies accountable. Anyone who contributed to this situation.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

So you admit that it's people, not guns, that kill people. They also need to hold the bullies accountable. Anyone who contributed to this situation.

She bought him the gun with which he killed. Could have bought him a Swiss Army knife and avoided all this.

Would love for bullies to be held accountable criminally too but that’s tough to prove 

2 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

She bought him the gun with which he killed. Could have bought him a Swiss Army knife and avoided all this.

Would love for bullies to be held accountable criminally too but that’s tough to prove 

Even if they can't prove it, make them go through the process and be publicly shamed

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Even if they can't prove it, make them go through the process and be publicly shamed

Well you do have to worry about the criminal code protecting minors. But at least in the era of cyberbullying it’s easier to get evidence 

• Like (+1) 1

How was Wendy Rittenhouse not charged for allowing her minor son to have an AR-15, that he kept at his friend's step-father's place?  There seems to be some degree on negligence there for sure, too. 

31 minutes ago, daz28 said:

How was Wendy Rittenhouse not charged for allowing her minor son to have an AR-15, that he kept at his friend's step-father's place?  There seems to be some degree on negligence there for sure, too. 

Since the jury found he used that tool to protect himself from being killed?  

Almost every gun law has the leo and close  family exemption.   

Da's don't even charge for gun possession anymore.  Kinda hard to see them using laws to go at the guns upstream sellers/owners. 

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Since the jury found he used that tool to protect himself from being killed?  

Almost every gun law has the leo and close  family exemption.   

Da's don't even charge for gun possession anymore.  Kinda hard to see them using laws to go at the guns upstream sellers/owners. 

If he wasn't suppose to have the weapon, and she allowed it is the issue.  Would you argue she should have let him keep dynamite at his friend's step dad's house if it happened to save him from a lion attack?  The point is AT BEST she should have known where that weapon was at all times.  

20 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The thread where the voices that want to sent guns and weapons to other countries, tries to actively remove the rights from Americans.  While ignoring the majority of the problem while highlighting the outliers.  

Awe, do you need a tissue?

On 1/27/2024 at 8:05 AM, KDIGGZ said:

What is better, no nukes, or more nukes?

Do more nukes lead to more nuclear bombings? Or do we have no nuclear bombings because we have nukes?

TELEMMGLPICT000347256322_17062824603850_

Most ironic of these kind of signs;

Berkeley,CA has "Nuclear Free Zone" signs at every  light pole on a city line.  Meanwhile ,  UC Berkeley has had a cyclotron since about 1950 and was where several  radioactive elements were discovered/invented.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

That's transphobic to deny their gender identity. Clearly this shooter was having issues dealing with their sexuality. This poster should be ashamed of himself/herself/themselves

• Agree 1

Shooter at Joel Olsteen's church had Pro-Palestine and antisemitic language written on their weapon. She was taken out by 2nd amendment loving off-duty officers. You will likely never hear about this story on the news. Doesn't fit their narrative.

• Like (+1) 2

This is interesting. Republicans have higher rates of hearing loss 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/02/09/hearing-loss-republicans/

Given those associations, we weren’t surprised to see that areas with higher hearing loss tend to have higher rates of Republican support. After all, former president Donald Trump dominates the Republican Party and his enduring appeal among blue-collar, White and older Americans has defined American politics for almost a decade now. (Really! He came down the Trump Tower escalator in 2015, and it’s now 2024.)

So, okay, hearing loss appears to be yet another manifestation of the urban-rural divide. At most, we figured these trends merited perhaps a brief mention in one of the Department’s voluminous reports on other fresher topics.

But then we read the paper again and noticed a line we hadn’t clocked before: “those living in rural areas experience higher rates of [hearing loss], perhaps due to potential noise exposure from outdoor work and recreation such as forestry, all-terrain vehicles, and recreational firearms.”

Emphasis ours.

Could gun ownership help explain the partisan divide in hearing loss?

Americans who have fired 1,000 rounds or more face three times the rate of hearing loss as those who have never fired a weapon, according to an analysis of 2011 and 2012 observations from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey. It’s a bit lower once you adjust for age and other factors — probably closer to 1.8 times the rate. .

“If ever there was an epidemic in the hunting community, it’d be hearing loss,” begins former editor Sam Lungren in MeatEater, an outlet that embraces hunting but not the culture wars that often go with it. “When target practice is a way of life, it’s easy to become blasé about earmuffs. When that buck is about to get over the ridge, jamming in ear plugs is the last of our worries.”

quick! before anything is known lets turn this into politics!

until the person shooting is nonbinary translucent demimoore or something like Houston's mentally ill person - then we forget it and bury it.

pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, boyst said:

until the person shooting is nonbinary translucent demimoore or something like Houston's mentally ill person - then we forget it and bury it.

pathetic.

Let me guess, it's too soon to discuss the 1966 University of Texas Tower shooting, right?

Thank goodness there were good guys with guns too! Not just a bunch of sitting ducks.

The usual suspects. Just another day in da hood. The only reason anyone cares this time is because the news was there and accidentally caught it going down and was forced to report it.

20240214_164958.thumb.jpg.3cc1b9e65aa5233d8c1725463c9cc030.jpg

Edited by KDIGGZ

31 minutes ago, boyst said:

pathetic.

You must be hard as a rock watching two more responsible gun owners exercise their rights eh?

Just now, Roundybout said:

You must be hard as a rock watching two more responsible gun owners exercise their rights eh?

These were gang members. That's why responsible people should have guns. You made the case for us.

2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

These were gang members. That's why responsible people should have guns. You made the case for us.

source?

Actually we should just take everyone’s guns away like responsible countries do. I PROMISE you can still play make believe that you’re going to fight the government without them. 

6 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

It's 61° and sunny out, haven't had a chance to get outside much today, looking forward to going on a walk this evening with the family.

7 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The story disappears in 10 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

source?

Actually we should just take everyone’s guns away like responsible countries do. I PROMISE you can still play make believe that you’re going to fight the government without them. 

They were teenage black boys. Not old enough to legally own guns. That's why I do. This stuff happens every single day and it's never reported.

Don't worry folks.  I prayed for them.  It's all good. 

20 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Got to take your gun to the parade!  That's what smart people do.  They never go anywhere without a gun!  I mean that's how the rest of the world lives!

Edited by nedboy7

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Don't worry folks.  I prayed for them.  It's all good. 

Got to take your gun to the parade!  That's what smart people do.  They never go anywhere without a gun!  I mean that's how the rest of the world lives!

If they had the gang culture we do here they would be smart to. I try not to ever go to cities and if I do yes I'm protected

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

If they had the gang culture we do here they would be smart to. I try not to ever go to cities and if I do yes I'm protected

Must suck living in constant paralyzing fear huh

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Must suck living in constant paralyzing fear huh

Nope it's nice out here in the country. Lots of good people. I never go to the city so why would I be in fear?

1 minute ago, nedboy7 said:

Your comments are beyond bizarre. 

How so? This stuff doesn't happen out where I live and literally everyone owns guns. Most guys learn to shoot as kids and learn how to be responsible gun owners when they are adults.

In the city there are no fathers and lots of gangs. Why would anyone want to live there? Even the richest people have dirtbags walking down the street right in front of their house. Now that's bizarre