What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Residents taunt and throw objects at police during standoff:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/crowd-of-onlookers-taunt-police-during-philadelphia-standoff-reports?fbclid=IwAR0ZujATAZz27_WcLs1q9yrdJ96R_dPvt1ZBp8n4rg0prbCv3ZONCOG-Rio

Onlookers were seen taunting and throwing things at Philadelphia police Wednesday night amid a wild shootout and subsequent standoff that saw six cops wounded, and video posted online shows one woman shoving a police officer making his way to the scene.

Philadelphia’s KYW-TV reporter Alexandria Hoff described on Twitter Wednesday night how a crowd of people bordering the blocked off active shooter scene allegedly harassed officers.

• Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Not cold pills you moron, but pseudoephedrine pills.   One would figure that a Harvard student would know what the active ingredient can be used for.

Idiots.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

This is a great thread.  Read the whole thing.

Yeah, I know that when I was representing parents in Family Court regularly, that whole one half of one percent that were Child Welfare cases really kept my paychecks rolling in.

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: Michigan Court of Appeals Has Reversed the Felony Assault Convictions of a Gun Owner Who Acted in Self-Defense.

Related: A Michigan Court Case Shows the Right of Armed Self-Defense Is Broader Than You Might Think. 

“It justifies the brandishing of a gun as pre-emptive measure to block the use of unlawful force. . . .

Police officers, for example, sometimes point a weapon at an individual as a means of preventing unlawful force even when they don’t have the legal right to fire a shot. . . .

A contrary rule places civilians in an untenable position. They could not even pull their weapon until the threat of death is actively upon them. They would be forced to maintain maximum vulnerability right up until the point of maximum danger — a legal position that would be most threatening to people of slight physical stature who lack alternative effective means of self-defense.”

JON CALDERA: I want to give away one of my guns to a first timer.

I’ll say it for the millionth time — politics is the lagging indicator of culture. And the anti-gun left knows how to influence culture through government-run education, Hollywood and the media.

There was a time when schools had shooting clubs. Now they are not just gun-free zones, but political tools for gun control. Just ask my high-school-aged daughter after being bullied to tears for her pro-gun stance.

We could be just a generation away from losing our guns.

I have an idea and I hope you will follow my lead. I want to see it turn into a movement.

If you weren’t raised with guns, getting into your first gun can be very intimidating. We need to make it easy and enjoyable. We gunnies all know that one friend, co-worker or family member that should be a gun owner, but yet isn’t.

Let’s give, yes give, that person one of our guns. Let’s help them learn to shoot it properly. Help them go through the process I went through.

A good idea.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

IT ISN’T A PURCHASE IF THE SELLER DOESN’T AGREE TO IT: 

Among Democrats, ‘Mandatory Gun Buyback’ Plan Gains Traction.

“Mandatory buy-back” is newspeak for “confiscation with a little sweetener.”

The funny thing about gun "buybacks" is that people tend to sell "back" broken weapons that are no more dangerous than scrap metal.

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

The funny thing about gun "buybacks" is that people tend to sell "back" broken weapons that are no more dangerous than scrap metal.

Or worse, some poor old widower finds her husbands collection if historic guns and sells a mint original m1 garand for pennies on the dollar.

6 hours ago, bdutton said:

Or worse, some poor old widower finds her husbands collection if historic guns and sells a mint original m1 garand for pennies on the dollar.

Or worse....

criminals turn in guns they've stolen from law abiding citizens because they heard about the gun buy back....