Belichick caught cheating again?

Is a text the same as an "individual meeting"?

I have posted elsewhere that the NFL should be a year-round job with conditioning with the team through the off season to minimize injuries. This isn't college, what's the point of this rule anyway?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have posted elsewhere that the NFL should be a year-round job with conditioning with the team through the off season to minimize injuries. This isn't college, what's the point of this rule anyway?

Doesn't matter what you think. The NFL rules are the NFL rules.

This thread is a little silly as he is an excellent coach, and yes he has cheated. He most likely is one of many coaches in the NFL doing the same thing, but I can't prove it.

There is jealousy amongst us for good reason as we haven't figured out a QB since 1996.

Bottom line is EJmgo develop and be a top 12 QB and our team can do the rest.

I'm in Boston at a meeting now, and just reminded in conversations how much I hate the Pats. God, to remember th e days when they were our whipping boy during our decade + of success.

This thread is a little silly as he is an excellent coach, and yes he has cheated. He most likely is one of many coaches in the NFL doing the same thing, but I can't prove it.

There is jealousy amongst us for good reason as we haven't figured out a QB since 1996.

Bottom line is EJmgo develop and be a top 12 QB and our team can do the rest.

I'm in Boston at a meeting now, and just reminded in conversations how much I hate the Pats. God, to remember th e days when they were our whipping boy during our decade + of success.

Do you see the difference in assuming all are cheating and knowing your biggest opponent is... Over and over...

He's the best coach ever in the NFL. If he was in Buffalo, we'd all love him. I, for one, respect the hell out of him; and Brady - who could possibly be the best QB to ever play in the NFL. And if HE was a Bill, we'd all love him, too.

They win. A lot. And fans of other teams - especially other AFC East teams - are simply jealous.

He never was a good coach until he had Brady. Check the records. He was Dick Jauron pre Brady.

Do you see the difference in assuming all are cheating and knowing your biggest opponent is... Over and over...

Yea but texting players in the offseason? Would you make a big deal if it were any other team?

Yea but texting players in the offseason? Would you make a big deal if it were any other team?

If it is found that they were talking about non football related topics, I couldn't care less... If they are found to have violated league rules, it's an issue...

Hell- BB probably had to teach him how to hold a pistol the right way...

I assume the nflpa wanted privacy/freedom for its members.

That said, I'm curious to hear the contents of the texts- conditioning? Strategy? Motivation? Or counseling a guy who he was worried about having free time?

If it is found that they were talking about non football related topics, I couldn't care less... If they are found to have violated league rules, it's an issue...

Hell- BB probably had to teach him how to hold a pistol the right way...

What would you consider a fair punishment if he sent a few conditioning routines, and reccomended a few techniques to work on?

Edited by NoSaint

he has demonstrated that he does not believe rules are to be followed, but until someone in charge stops those types of people they keep doing it. From on the field, to off the field, to marriage

This^. I think it's pretty clear by now to all paying attention that the guy's a sociopath who puts winning above everything, no matter what he needs to do to win....

I assume the nflpa wanted privacy/freedom for its members.

That said, I'm curious to hear the contents of the texts- conditioning? Strategy? Motivation? Or counseling a guy who he was worried about having free time?

What would you consider a fair punishment if he sent a few conditioning routines, and reccomended a few techniques to work on?

What I would consider fair punishment doesn't matter one bit... If the league considers their messages as a violation if league rules, then it should be treated as such...

If you aren't cheating then you don't want to win badly enough. End of story.

Sorry, but finishing your post with, "end of story," does not make your post even remotely definitive. Personally, I could not disagree with your sentiment more, and quite frankly find it offensive.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?583688-Another-nail-in-the-coffin-of-spygate

Throw that in with Jimmy Johnson's public admission that for his two SB winners he did the same thing:

Jimmy Johnson thinks Spygate is overblown

We originally posted this WFAN interview as having been conducted during Super Bowl week. It actually dates back to September. Regardless, it’s still interesting to note how commonplace former Cowboys coach Jimmy Johnson feels the use of cameras is by NFL teams. He admits he used them to steal signs all the time.

Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline.
This was 18 years ago

Q: You think the NFL came down too hard on them?

JJ: No, no, I said it on the show. He was wrong for doing it for the simple reason that
the league knew this was going on not just in New England but around the league.
And the league sent out the memorandum to all of the teams saying you cannot do this. And so that’s when Bill Belichick was wrong. After he got the memorandum saying don’t do it any more, he did it.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah,
I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league
. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around.
But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

Q: Oh you did.

JJ: That’s what I’m saying. I was saying one of Marty Schottenheimer’s scouts, Mark Hatley, who has passed away now, Mark told me that’s how they did it, and Howard Mudd their offensive line coach with Kansas City, who now coaches for Tony Dungy, he was the best in the entire league at stealing signals.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

and

This time from Vermeil:

“I don’t know if everyone was doing it, but everyone might’ve had a method of trying to do it,” Vermeil told 98.5 FM. “Maybe he did it better than everyone else. OK? And I’ll tell you this: In all honesty, I’ve coached as a head coach 15 years and an assistant four years, I know some things that have been done in the National Football League and I could document them, if I wanted to,
that are far worse than that ever came close to being.

I certainly don't want to get into it about Bill B., here. I'm a Bills fan. I hate the Patriots.

But in baseball, I'm a Mets fan; and I hate the Braves. But I respect the Bobby Coxes and the Chipper Joneses all day long.

Same with football.

And to think that Bill B. is the only HC who's cheated ... well that's just silly. They all do. They're just like politicians and Bill B. is the Nixon of the NFL.

True Gug... Yet, I may begin to hate him as a Bills coach. Really. This guy has repeatably been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. He's a repeat offender that shows no regard for rules, sportsmanship and authority... How can that be condoned. Its like saying everybody speeds and breaks the law and its okay to get caught as long as you get to work on time. HINT: Respect authority (after being nailed multiple times) and slow down. Not keep the pedal to the metal. How many breaks are they going to give this clown?

Any wonder AH goes off an kills people... Okay not related, but the anti-social behavior doesn't fall too far from the tree. There are people out there that believe rules are for chumps. AH kills people and BB doesn't think he should live by any rules that govern sportsmanship. BB isn't a first time offender. He does what he needs to do to get an edge and gets caught @ it. I find that dishonorable.

Hey quite a philosophy for life too? You said it. Tell me about it, ain't it the truth. Funny thing is, BB has only won it all 3 times and by the skin of his teeth AND has since to win it all after being caught red handed.

SHOULD be a year 'round job is the key here. Is it yet? The speed limit SHOULD be a 100 miles an hour too so we all don't break the law.

You can not separate Brady from Belichick. Brady and Montana are the two greatest QB's of all time. Belichick was awful in Cleveland. His drafts have been mediocre. He struck gold with a number of mid-level free agents. He cheated.

He will be in the Hall of Fame on the first ballot.

Sorry, but I really hope you're not in a position where you influence kids, be that as a teacher, coach, whatever. That attitude's a lot of what's wrong with society today. "Win at all costs", and it used to at least be "but don't get caught"--today if you get caught, you get your own reality show....