Belichick caught cheating again?

Parcells turned around 3 other franchises and belicheat was a defensive assistant when he lost with the Patriots in the super bowl against the packers. On top of winning two super bowls with the Giants, he as I just stated turned around the patriots and took them to the super bowl. He then went to the Jets and turned them around from a 1-15 team to making the AFC championship game just two years later and then he takes over the Cowboys and turns them around and was able to make Quincy Carter a playoff QB. That's a damn good coach if you ask me. He has had a lot more success than Belicheat has

They share two rings. Belichick has 3 solo. Parcells has zero.

Saying Parcells is better seems silly to me.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AH: "coach, should I drink protein shakes before I hit the gym, or after? ANd what about creatine--what IS that lol? ANd when I line up on the line, where do I stand--wait, do I stand or do I put a hand on the ground? It's only been a month and I can't believe I forget this stuff! Just don't want to show up two months from now and look all, you know, silly! TTYL!!"

BB: "leave me alone"

The fan boy's back and we're gonna be in trouble....hey na hey na the fan boy's back.

AH: "coach, should I drink protein shakes before I hit the gym, or after? ANd what about creatine--what IS that lol? ANd when I line up on the line, where do I stand--wait, do I stand or do I put a hand on the ground? It's only been a month and I can't believe I forget this stuff! Just don't want to show up two months from now and look all, you know, silly! TTYL!!"

BB: "leave me alone"

I've been thinking about listing myself as a WR. Could you update the roster?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/16/league-nflpa-may-want-to-look-at-belichick-hernandez-texts/

Sounds from this explanation of the rule that it's more likely to be a violation if BB was "coaching" via text.

Let's flip your question on its logical head--what WAS BB texting him about for 33 pages if it wasn't football-related?

I agree this isn't in the same category as Spygate, but it sounds like yet another rule was broken by a guy with a long history of breaking rules/vows (his own marriage vows and those of his paramour, who was married at the time)/etc. Considering his history, I'd say a fine in the 6 figures (not reimbursed above or below board by Kraft like he did for Spygate via BB's contract extension) would be fitting.

I'd imagine, if I had to guess, that it was likely some football- and some "hey are you doing ok? Staying out of trouble?" type of stuff too.

If you recall Brady telling tebow that he was keeping an eye on his Florida guys and they could be a handful - I don't think they knew murder was in the cards, but I do think that organizationally that pats probably had an idea that he was needing that extra structure/mentoring/someone to keep him focused. Urban Meyer used to have him over for dinner to try and keep him in a positive environment and everything I've read has been coaches dating back to Florida knowing when AH was home bad things could happen.

Just a guess but I'm guessing they probably had a few guys assigned to check in with him regularly when he was out on his own. given his (high risk) high reward nature, i wouldnt be shocked if BB was in that circle.... And probably some football stuff too

Edited by NoSaint

I'd imagine, if I had to guess, that it was likely some football- and some "hey are you doing ok? Staying out of trouble?" type of stuff too.

If you recall Brady telling tebow that he was keeping an eye on his Florida guys and they could be a handful - I don't think they knew murder was in the cards, but I do think that organizationally that pats probably had an idea that he was needing that extra structure/mentoring/someone to keep him focused. Urban Meyer used to have him over for dinner to try and keep him in a positive environment and everything I've read has been coaches dating back to Florida knowing when AH was home bad things could happen.

Just a guess but I'm guessing they probably had a few guys assigned to check in with him regularly when he was out on his own. given his (high risk) high reward nature, i wouldnt be shocked if BB was in that circle.... And probably some football stuff too

As there were at least several hundred texts over a 4 month period, I 'd wager that more than a few were football-related. We'll probably never know, however, as Kraft will just instruct Roger to destroy the evidence (again )

What are you getting at? That he may have shared his plans for homicide with his HC? Come on...

No. That he had some kind of knowledge of his "state of mind" and did not reveal to the authorities. The texts were seized by the police for a reason - to see what was communicated between the two. Maybe it will only implicate AH further. I hope for BB's sake it is only AH.

As there were at least several hundred texts over a 4 month period, I 'd wager that more than a few were football-related. We'll probably never know, however, as Kraft will just instruct Roger to destroy the evidence (again )

surely. without a doubt there was something professional in nature discussed in there. it would be nearly impossible to text several hundred times without discussing the one thing you have in common even if you had no intention to do so. and im sure there were times were there was very much intent.

Is that all that coaches do? Give tips on circuit training, and running and blocking? Give me a break. Are you suggesting that 33 pages of texts were non-football related? Are you suggesting that 33 pages of texts were sent in the capacity of something other than as a head coach? Can you think of nothing else, outside of circuit training, running, and blocking that could be sent that would constitute "coaching?" Do you believe that there is nothing to be gained from coaching your players during the offseason- even if it is via text? Is any of this making sense to you?

I have emphatically stated the opposite--I think all teams should have these guys in some sort of training program year round--coaching too. So many training camp and OTA injuries could be avoided. Sure, let all teams coach all the time. Makes "no sense" not to.

My point is that simply texting a guy about football in the winter has no bearing on in season play. No one here has given any evidence otherwise. It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm with you. I bet the majority of the texts were not football related. If there were football texts, and texting, per the CBA constitutes a meeting, fine him.

No. That he had some kind of knowledge of his "state of mind" and did not reveal to the authorities. The texts were seized by the police for a reason - to see what was communicated between the two. Maybe it will only implicate AH further. I hope for BB's sake it is only AH.

They didn't sieze his phone records to "see what was communicated between the two". It was because he killed 2 people.

I have emphatically stated the opposite--I think all teams should have these guys in some sort of training program year round--coaching too. So many training camp and OTA injuries could be avoided. Sure, let all teams coach all the time. Makes "no sense" not to.

My point is that simply texting a guy about football in the winter has no bearing on in season play. No one here has given any evidence otherwise. It doesn't make sense to me.

I'm with you. I bet the majority of the texts were not football related. If there were football texts, and texting, per the CBA constitutes a meeting, fine him.

They didn't sieze his phone records to "see what was communicated between the two". It was because he killed 2 people.

I am aware. Thought it was understood. OK - I forgot to add that he is on trial for killing two people. As part of the process, they seized the phone records to see what was communicated between the two. Better? Edited by YoloinOhio

I am aware. Thought it was understood. OK - I forgot to add that he is on trial for killing two people. As part of the process, they seized the phone records to see what was communicated between the two. Better?

No. The DA didn't seize AH's phone records to see what he texted Belichick about. They read all of AH's texts to see what he talked to anyone and everyone about prior to and after the murders.

To say they siezed the phone records specifically to see what he may have said to his football coach about murdering people is...... nuts.

I am aware. Thought it was understood. OK - I forgot to add that he is on trial for killing two people. As part of the process, they seized the phone records to see what was communicated between the two. Better?

id lean towards they seized the phone to see what he spoke about with anyone.... and BB happened to be someone he spoke with. i think you are blurring it (perhaps unintentionally) that they specifically wanted to see what AH and BB spoke about. Im guessing the BB thread on his phone was pretty low on the priority list when sorting text messages, besides the spectacle/entertainment value.

(of course with the disclaimer that little in the AH story is reasonable or logical, so who knows what turns it holds)

Edited by NoSaint

No. The DA didn't seize AH's phone records to see what he texted Belichick about. They read all of AH's texts to see what he talked to anyone and everyone about prior to and after the murders.

To say they siezed the phone records specifically to see what he may have said to his football coach about murdering people is...... nuts.

i am aware they read all of his texts. Bellichick's were included. Didn't know I needed to spell it out. The linked article was about the Bellichikian portion. That is why I specifically referred to it. Edited by YoloinOhio

If a Bills coach got caught cheating then I would want them fired - period. Billacheat is also having other teams camps taped (still), has been caught cheating again & again. Time for the NFL to step up & ban him, at least for a year if not permanently.

If a Bills coach got caught cheating then I would want them fired - period. Billacheat is also having other teams camps taped (still), has been caught cheating again & again. Time for the NFL to step up & ban him, at least for a year if not permanently.

Link on the taping of other teams' camp practices? Not that I don't believe you, but that's a new one for me.

In addition, it's likely a problem of a different scale if it's 34 texts total vs 33 pages of texts, as was originally reported.

I honestly don't believe this for one second. I'm not saying you're giving bum info, EII. I'm saying that if Shula said that, he's full of crap. In my opinion.

I knoe what you mean... I hate him too and if this was true, I would hate him even more for not being a disorganized workaholic! Boy would that suck knowing he beat the Bills twice a year for a decade and he was @ home each nignt @ 5:30... LoL... What a pisser!