Belichick caught cheating again?

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it a privacy issue?

Anyway, does anyone think that Marrone had no contact with Dareus after he was busted in early May?

Marrone himself said he talked to Marcell every day after that. But it doesn't matter what they discussed because the offseason training program had already started. The rule says: "before the start of the team’s official offseason training program" That is why 33 pages of texts between Feb-May is the eyebrow raiser. It is the time period. And yet unless we know the content, we don't know if he violated anything. We can question what the heck they were talking about and wonder whether could indeed be all non-football, but that much communication makes one think it wasn't all non-football related. Plus his prior history of cheating. Edited by YoloinOhio

That's an assumption... If Doug were to get caught cheating - all respect would be lost... But you have to admit that after getting caught time and time again, only to receive a punishment that doesn't fit the crime- it's disheartening...

If BB was a player- 3rd strike- 1 year suspension...

In a league where every team has criminals, including felons, and players cheating with drugs, people want to make a big deal about Belichick communicating with a player when he shouldn't?

It's tough enough being a Bills fan, but one of the worst parts is hearing fans bitching about the Pats all the time. To me, it's part of the losing mentality of some Bills fans.

In a league where every team has criminals, including felons, and players cheating with drugs, people want to make a big deal about Belichick communicating with a player when he shouldn't?

It's tough enough being a Bills fan, but one of the worst parts is hearing fans bitching about the Pats all the time. To me, it's part of the losing mentality of some Bills fans.

Is it OK for the Colts and Broncos fans to b*tch about it because they win? Because they are. Why compare cheating to those other things? If he cheated, he cheated. Yes it is better than crime and murder. Why the heck does that mean it is Ok to just break the rules (if he did)? Hey - that year long drug suspension for Josh Gordon should be waived! He didn't kill anyone so let him play!

Discussing his cheating has nothing to do with being a Bills fan.

Edited by YoloinOhio

You've misinterpreted my comments... Violations of the law and violations of league rules are two separate things. Obviously, legal infractions are a more serious nature in life- but in the NFL, you can't defend anyone cheating by saying "it's not like he broke the law..."

An NFL coach has violated league rules on two occasions, and it is yet to be seen if he violated then in this case- but if it's discovered that he had, why is it so wrong of me to expect him to be punished????

I don't care what team he's associated with, and I'm certainly not bitching about the pats*

He's the best coach ever in the NFL. If he was in Buffalo, we'd all love him. I, for one, respect the hell out of him; and Brady - who could possibly be the best QB to ever play in the NFL. And if HE was a Bill, we'd all love him, too.

They win. A lot. And fans of other teams - especially other AFC East teams - are simply jealous.

Bill Belicheat is who he is because of Tom Brady. He was a failure in Cleveland and had a losing record in New England before Brady took over. Also, the people who always talk about the 2008 season when Brady was hurt the whole season and Matt Cassel played and they went 11-5 but missed the playoffs, why don't they take a look at who the patriots beat that season and who they lost to. Four out of their five losses were against teams with winning records and 10 out of their 11 wins were against teams with losing records. The only team they beat that season with a winning record was the Cardinals in a late december blizzard in New England.

Belicheat lucked out with Brady. He wouldn't even be a head coach in this league right now if he would have stuck with Bledsoe or had another QB

Is it OK for the Colts and Broncos fans to b*tch about it because they win? Because they are. Why compare cheating to those other things? If he cheated, he cheated. Yes it is better than crime and murder. Why the heck does that mean it is Ok to just break the rules (if he did)? Hey - that year long drug suspension for Josh Gordon should be waived! He didn't kill anyone so let him play!

Discussing his cheating has nothing to do with being a Bills fan.

Nothing to do with being a Bills fan?

Other fans B word about it. Some Bills fans are obsessed.

And it is not just about the coach. Brady is often portrayed here as a pansy. No NFL qb is, let alone an all-time great.

Marrone himself said he talked to Marcell every day after that. But it doesn't matter what they discussed because the offseason training program had already started. The rule says: "before the start of the team’s official offseason training program" That is why 33 pages of texts between Feb-May is the eyebrow raiser. It is the time period. And yet unless we know the content, we don't know if he violated anything. We can question what the heck they were talking about and wonder whether could indeed be all non-football, but that much communication makes one think it wasn't all non-football related. Plus his prior history of cheating.

You don't think if Dareus was busted in February, Marrone would have contacted him? Of course he would have.

Does it matter to the NFL what Bellichick and Hernandez were talking about?

Bill Belicheat is who he is because of Tom Brady. He was a failure in Cleveland and had a losing record in New England before Brady took over. Also, the people who always talk about the 2008 season when Brady was hurt the whole season and Matt Cassel played and they went 11-5 but missed the playoffs, why don't they take a look at who the patriots beat that season and who they lost to. Four out of their five losses were against teams with winning records and 10 out of their 11 wins were against teams with losing records. The only team they beat that season with a winning record was the Cardinals in a late december blizzard in New England.

Belicheat lucked out with Brady. He wouldn't even be a head coach in this league right now if he would have

stuck with Bledsoe or had another QB

Who is a good coach?

Lombardi?

Lot of hall of famers on his teams.

Anyone else you think is better?

Nothing to do with being a Bills fan?

Other fans B word about it. Some Bills fans are obsessed.

And it is not just about the coach. Brady is often portrayed here as a pansy. No NFL qb is, let alone an all-time great.

Correct. I don't know which Bills fans you are referring to that are "obsessed" but you agree that other fans do b*tch about the Pats, Belliichick and Brady.

You don't think if Dareus was busted in February, Marrone would have contacted him? Of course he would have.

Yes. It has to be non football related according to the rule, I believe. Not sure what this has to do about hypotheticals with Marrone and Dareus, He wasn't arrested in February, and we don't know what he would have done. Your assumption is your own.

Who is a good coach?

Lombardi?

Lot of hall of famers on his teams.

Anyone else you think is better?

Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh (Although one could argue he had Montana), Tom Coughlin (Who has beaten Belicheat in the super bowl twice by the way)

Edited by Buffwagonscircled

Yes it does. If they were talking about football, that's prohibited. It's in the article linked in the first post.

An NFL coach has violated league rules on two occasions, and it is yet to be seen if he violated then in this case- but if it's discovered that he had, why is it so wrong of me to expect him to be punished????

im still curious what punishment would satisfy..... if its a moderate fine would that suffice?

Correct. I don't know which Bills fans you are referring to that are "obsessed" but you agree that other fans do b*tch about the Pats, Belliichick and Brady.

Yes. It has to be non football related according to the rule, I believe. Not sure what this has to do about hypotheticals with Marrone and Dareus, He wasn't arrested in February, and we don't know what he would have done. Your assumption is your own.

Yes it does. If they were talking about football, that's prohibited. It's in the article linked in the first post.

the rule says this:

“players are not permitted to participate in Club-supervised workouts, Club-supervised practices, group or individual meetings with coaches, group or individual film study with coaches, or group or individual playbook study with coaches.”

Doesn't say specifically discussing football. Nor does it say whether texting constitiutes a meeting--or what a meeting is.

I have heard that way too often. That is the difference between a classy team/coach and a barnyard bully.

Or a classy player--compare Mesut Ozil's intentional shank of an 8th goal against Brazil last week to Brady's actions I described above, for ex.

the rule says this:

“players are not permitted to participate in Club-supervised workouts, Club-supervised practices, group or individual meetings with coaches, group or individual film study with coaches, or group or individual playbook study with coaches.”

Doesn't say specifically discussing football. Nor does it say whether texting constitiutes a meeting--or what a meeting is.

So it's the Pats* finding a way around another rule--sound familiar? It should by now

Bill Parcells, Bill Walsh (Although one could argue he had Montana), Tom Coughlin (Who has beaten Belicheat in the super bowl twice by the way)

How many Super Bowls has Parcells won without Belichick? He also had the best defensive player in history.

Walsh had the greatest receiver in the history of the game and arguably the best qb ever.

Coughlin is an interesting choice that has clearly come through in the clutch.

im still curious what punishment would satisfy..... if its a moderate fine would that suffice?

As I previously stated.... I'm not one to judge... If I had to guess, I would assume that IF he violated the rules in this scenario that this punishment would escalate from his previous punishment....