Former Jills suing the Bills

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They're suing because they weren't paid minimum wage. If the team didn't want to be sued, then they should have paid minimum wage or above. It's a pretty simple concept, if you want your employee to be somewhere or doing something then you pay them. You can't just hand them a $50 game check then expect them to practice and appear at events.

They're suing because they weren't paid minimum wage. If the team didn't want to be sued, then they should have paid minimum wage or above. It's a pretty simple concept, if you want your employee to be somewhere or doing something then you pay them. You can't just hand them a $50 game check then expect them to practice and appear at events.

Or clear up any confusion about this not really being a job, and pay them nothing.

Or clear up any confusion about this not really being a job, and pay them nothing.

Why would it be different than any other job? Is working at Hooters not really a job, and therefore they should be paid nothing? How about being a stripper? NFL cheerleaders entertain the NFLs customers which is the business that the NFL is in.

Why would it be different than any other job? Is working at Hooters not really a job, and therefore they should be paid nothing? How about being a stripper? NFL cheerleaders entertain the NFLs customers which is the business that the NFL is in.

I'm not saying it isn't a job because of the nature of the work. I'm saying it isn't a job because it doesn't seem like the organization treats it as such, and, from the looks of it, treats it more like an internship.

Depends. Are you a cook or a waitress?

That was the problem in Cal with the Raiders. Yes they signed a contract, but the contract was argued to be illegal. A federal court ruled in favor of the Raiders, but Cal apparently has very strict state labor laws and the argument was this contact broke state laws.Likely NY has some pretty strict state laws too. If they have to rely on State laws, likely cheerleaders for teams like the Falcons, Titans, and Saints are out of luck.

According to the article in the case of the Raiders, they were considered employees, not contractors.

That was also the jist of the article, this could likely mean the end of cheerleaders for the NFL.

Unless the girls were not provided a contract up front detailing their work and pay and fines, how do they have a leg to stand on?

Personally think cheerleaders are silly in the NFL.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Man, could there be more hate here, please?

Good god.

I am not going to say that the cheerleaders are necessary, but OBD agrees that they are, to some extent, or they wouldn't be employing them. This is not to single out the Bills, because the absurdity of the regulations and fines imposed for supposed infractions is well-documented league-wide.

If the team is going to treat these employees as though they are non-essential, they should just eliminate the cheerleading squad. If they are going to employ them, the least they could do is pay them as good as your local Wal Mart.

I'm really grossed out by this.

Look, I don't want my daughters to be Buffalo Jills, but all of those ladies are someone's daughters and we'd do well to remember this. They aren't strippers -- they are cheerleaders, and while that's not the world's most intellectually stimulating profession, it doesn't make them whores, nor does it mean they have automatically signed up for degrading treatment.

Hoping the Bills will do the right thing and either wash their hands of this or treat these employees right.

Get rid of them. I go to the games for the game. If I want to see scantily clad women, I'll go to a Hooters or a Tilted Kilt where they'll flirt with me, I'll buy it hook, line and sinker, and then I'll attempt to buy their love with a big tip.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I don't know about you guys but my employer regularly circulates literature on how employees should wash their ass cracks :unsure:

Now that's funny. I don't ever remember any HR memo on wiping my ass. I must have missed it in the marketing update. Anyway, the Jill's real problem is they are just not that pretty compared to cities like Dallas, Tampa, Jacksonville, and so on.

Man, could there be more hate here, please?

Good god.

I am not going to say that the cheerleaders are necessary, but OBD agrees that they are, to some extent, or they wouldn't be employing them. This is not to single out the Bills, because the absurdity of the regulations and fines imposed for supposed infractions is well-documented league-wide.

If the team is going to treat these employees as though they are non-essential, they should just eliminate the cheerleading squad. If they are going to employ them, the least they could do is pay them as good as your local Wal Mart.

I'm really grossed out by this.

Look, I don't want my daughters to be Buffalo Jills, but all of those ladies are someone's daughters and we'd do well to remember this. They aren't strippers -- they are cheerleaders, and while that's not the world's most intellectually stimulating profession, it doesn't make them whores, nor does it mean they have automatically signed up for degrading treatment.

Hoping the Bills will do the right thing and either wash their hands of this or treat these employees right.

Forgive me, Reverend, for I have sinned.

Alit from your high horse, man. Professional 'cheerleaders' are nothing BUT jiggly sex! It's simply what they sell. Every woman who aspires to this, knows this coming in and still try like hell to beat out 100's of other well trimmed, sexy women for the right to 'shake their thang' on Sunday afternoons or plop their bikini-clad butts on old golfers laps. All their 'dance maneuvers' are just choreographed sex acts. They are simply a tempting, sexual sideshow to the sporting event at hand. It's obvious they have no issue with what it all entails. Only prudes atop their moral steeds from the outside do.

The answer is simple to me. Put a tip jar next to them at every one of their appearance events. Guys love to tip pretty, sensual women.

Forgive me, Reverend, for I have sinned.

Alit from your high horse, man. Professional 'cheerleaders' are nothing BUT jiggly sex! It's simply what they sell. Every woman who aspires to this, knows this coming in and still try like hell to beat out 100's of other well trimmed, sexy women for the right to 'shake their thang' on Sunday afternoons or plop their bikini-clad butts on old golfers laps. All their 'dance maneuvers' are just choreographed sex acts. They awre simply a tempting, sexual sideshow to the sporting event at hand. It's obvious they have no issue with what it all entails. Only prudes atop their moral steeds from the outside do.

The answer is simple to me. Put a tip jar next to them at every one of their appearance events. Guys love to tip pretty, sensual women.

They are selling sexuality, but not sex. I disagree with you there. I'm no more reverent than the next guy, but that doesn't mean these ladies have signed up for sexual harrassment -or worse - at below minimum wage rates.

It seems you agree they provide a specific service and should be paid, which is commendable.