Unstoppable CJ

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can be unstoppable when he gets the ball. The problem is that he's not getting the ball enough. That is one thing about this team that I just don't get. They say they're going to "give him the ball until he pukes" and then don't. I know he was dinged up at times, but even when he appeared to be healthy, they just weren't giving him the football. Maybe this years contract year will be a motivator. I just don't know.

He can be unstoppable when he gets the ball. The problem is that he's not getting the ball enough. That is one thing about this team that I just don't get. They say they're going to "give him the ball until he pukes" and then don't. I know he was dinged up at times, but even when he appeared to be healthy, they just weren't giving him the football. Maybe this years contract year will be a motivator. I just don't know.

je constantly showed last year that while giving him the ball he wasn't successful. Which in turn led to taking away his opportunities. Can't blame them. He sucked last year. Edited by mrags

je constantly showed last year that while giving him the ball he wasn't successful. Which in turn led to taking away his opportunities. Can't blame them. He sucked last year.

FJ played very well at times last season as well!

FJ played very well at times last season as well!

like usual. That too. Freddy has constantly proved me wrong. When I was on his train back during his first few years claiming for him to start over Lynch, everyone thought I was crazy. Now he shows that he doesn't have any give up in him. He's got to be my favorite Bills of all time and I hope he keeps trucking.

JUST GIVE HIM THE DAMN BALL (on screens and draws and such)!!!

I agree. I think they need to give him the ball more, just not up the middle.He's the kind of back who the defense can stop a few times in a row but then the next time he'll break one to to outside for 70 yards. Last year we didn't have much of a passing game to make the defense not load up the box and he was also hurt most of the year. If the defense can start having to worry about the short and long passing game, CJ will be able to bounce some big gains and in the open field very few players in the NFL can catch him. As always, everything depends on EJ.

They did give Spiller the ball plenty of times.

The problem is that they were having him run up the middle a lot.

They did give Spiller the ball plenty of times.

The problem is that they were having him run up the middle a lot.

I think the Coaches expected more from the O line early on. Cj gets injured being asked to pound the ball. Bills ask why can Fred do this and you cant ?

Find seams and creases even with the o line getting broken down.

Then he gets the jitter about running between the tackles and starts the bouncing thing. That made matters worse because he had no help outside , by design i i magine.

Took Hackett and Marrone too long to get wise.

This year had better be better with play calling and CJs execution of said play.

He can not handle more than 15-18 touches/game on a consistent basis (IMO). That gives you about a dozen carries/game plus touches in the passing game. He's had enough time to show if he were able to handle a full load...unfortunately, he can't. Luckily we've got a crowded backfield so this shouldn't be an issue. (I think I'm being generous with 15-18 touches) Edited by Beerball

A Bills teams that could have had J.Bell, CJ Spiller, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch... wow.

In reality, we should have just had Bell, Jackson and Lynch, but hey, Spiller is ok, too!

Also, in 2013, I was hoping we would have got Keenan Allen. I saw him come off the board and was bummed.

Spiller's gone from a bust to unstoppable to injury prone in his time as a Bill. Being drafted when they had Lynch and Jackson is obviously his fault and the Bills should trade him for a 5th rd pick according to some.

If the Bills are to turn it around I think Spiller is the 2nd most important player on the team. As "bad," as he was I think most teams would take his numbers from last year.

Spiller's gone from a bust to unstoppable to injury prone in his time as a Bill. Being drafted when they had Lynch and Jackson is obviously his fault and the Bills should trade him for a 5th rd pick according to some.

I have always put a chip on my shoulder when I look at Spiller. It's not one to weigh him down, nor is it one against him. It is one against the choices made which put Spiller in a Bills uniform.

Revisionism and fansightedness change everything.

Whitner is a very good SS, and this is proven true.

Lynch, Coy Wire, J.Bell = Problem child, overrated, fodder.

Levitre, D.Rogers, T.O. = overvalued, undervalued, unwanted.

Fitzpatrick, SJ13, CJ Spiller = terrible, a #2 or 3, rotational and situational.

TJ Graham, Goodwin, Tasker = useless, not utilized, underrated.

When I see that list I look at it simply: T.O., SJ13, Fitz, Graham, Tasker, Bell, and Wire did everything they could to contribute to this team. Lynch, Levitre and Whitner left to find success and should not be ridiculed for it. Graham, Rogers and Bell are players that made the most (or least if you're pessimistic) of their opportunity while here or thus far. Tasker is one of the best Buffalo Bills in the last 25 years.

If the Bills are to turn it around I think Spiller is the 2nd most important player on the team. As "bad," as he was I think most teams would take his numbers from last year.

If this was to be true then QB would have to be #1. Spiller being the second most valuable player, and I hesitate adding this, would have to be in a rotational type role where he would not be asked to do everything and given the chance to do those things. Those who remember his coming out night game against Miami know how he does under pressure and when he knows he is the guy. Let him always be that guy, let him know he's getting the rock for every run possible. But, have someone like Dixon ready to come in with him and change it up.

If that doesn't work trade him as fast as can be, which sucks. I do not want to trade him but I do not see him being happy, successful nor able to contribute in a limited basis going forward.

I have always put a chip on my shoulder when I look at Spiller. It's not one to weigh him down, nor is it one against him. It is one against the choices made which put Spiller in a Bills uniform.

Revisionism and fansightedness change everything.

Whitner is a very good SS, and this is proven true.

Lynch, Coy Wire, J.Bell = Problem child, overrated, fodder.

Levitre, D.Rogers, T.O. = overvalued, undervalued, unwanted.

Fitzpatrick, SJ13, CJ Spiller = terrible, a #2 or 3, rotational and situational.

TJ Graham, Goodwin, Tasker = useless, not utilized, underrated.

When I see that list I look at it simply: T.O., SJ13, Fitz, Graham, Tasker, Bell, and Wire did everything they could to contribute to this team. Lynch, Levitre and Whitner left to find success and should not be ridiculed for it. Graham, Rogers and Bell are players that made the most (or least if you're pessimistic) of their opportunity while here or thus far. Tasker is one of the best Buffalo Bills in the last 25 years.

If this was to be true then QB would have to be #1. Spiller being the second most valuable player, and I hesitate adding this, would have to be in a rotational type role where he would not be asked to do everything and given the chance to do those things. Those who remember his coming out night game against Miami know how he does under pressure and when he knows he is the guy. Let him always be that guy, let him know he's getting the rock for every run possible. But, have someone like Dixon ready to come in with him and change it up.

If that doesn't work trade him as fast as can be, which sucks. I do not want to trade him but I do not see him being happy, successful nor able to contribute in a limited basis going forward.

I think Dixon maybe cut. Spiller is a guy we'll always expect more out of. What's held over Spiller's head by us fans is his draft position. Jackson is a gamer and lays it all out. Except that's he's had issues with being "injury prone." It's not a Jackson or Spiller thing it's use both. A young QB and finding a way to use their two best offensive weapons before we see what Watkins can shouldn't be a problem.

If Spiller has the same year as last year I think they should still re-sign him. It's not a 1 back league unless you have a generational talent like AP.

I think Dixon maybe cut. Spiller is a guy we'll always expect more out of. What's held over Spiller's head by us fans is his draft position. Jackson is a gamer and lays it all out. Except that's he's had issues with being "injury prone." It's not a Jackson or Spiller thing it's use both. A young QB and finding a way to use their two best offensive weapons before we see what Watkins can shouldn't be a problem.

If Spiller has the same year as last year I think they should still re-sign him. It's not a 1 back league unless you have a generational talent like AP.

I get it, but I hope Dixon makes the team. I would wait until week 8 and find the best team out there and trade Fred Jackson and a first round pick for a stick of bubble gum so he can get a championship ring.