Bills officially for sale - let the bidding begin!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He designed the lease agreements that keep the team here. Ralph didn't even want to agree to all of them and he stood strong and made the Bills sign it with all of those provisions in it.

Yep and from his comments today he knows the Toronto group wants to move the team so between him and Schumer and Cuomo I hope they can make it difficult on them

Agreed on polancarz... He seems to be very vested in the team's future here and he is outspoken against the bon jovi group. Maybe Collins would have come to bat too... but the non relocation agreement was negotiated by polancarz and he seems hell bent on not being the county executive who loses the bills. All other politics aside

This is easy. Just sell the team to Pegula or Golisano. They're the only ones who have shown that they're willing to keep a team in Buffalo. Others (not BJ's group) may as well, but who knows?

This is easy. Just sell the team to Pegula or Golisano. They're the only ones who have shown that they're willing to keep a team in Buffalo. Others (not BJ's group) may as well, but who knows?

Exactly. And that is very likely going to happen. Pegula is the clear front runner for gaining ownership.

It makes sense now. All the blitz this week about JBJ keeping them in Buffalo, was damage control over this story coming out. The folks involved had to have known quite a while ago this was coming out. Also now shoe horning the same preliminary meetings about building a Buffalo stadium. Why wait 18 month's after doing this in Toronto? There's no reason to unless it's to try and fain interest in keeping them in WNY because the trust says they have to.

Why wait 18 month's after doing this in Toronto? There's no reason to unless it's to try and fain interest in keeping them in WNY because the trust says they have to.

Because they didn't know, and neither did we, the specific terms of the lease agreement specifically tying them to Buffalo and no way out of it for 8 years.

fjyf_7uG_bigger.jpegRobert Duffy@LtGovDuffyNY 8m

Note to prospective owners: BUFFALO Bills. Don't pick this fight.

Hah - you can tell this guy is not going for re-election. Right before that tweet was this non Democratic line tweet:

Robert Duffy @LtGovDuffyNY · 12h

How long did his 2 victims suffer? Arizona death row inmate takes nearly 2 hours to die during botched execution http://nydn.us/1pHSViw

And, then he tweeted a bunch more about the Bills - life-long fan and JBJ

He designed the lease agreements that keep the team here. Ralph didn't even want to agree to all of them and he stood strong and made the Bills sign it with all of those provisions in it.

Ah, I didn't really think of that. He's got my vote next time for sure!

I hope pegula buys the bills then everyone should pool money and have a statue of him put somewhere captioned the savior of everything buffalo he probably would want to build a stadium by the arena so all his investments are in the same area so can put it on an island like the statue of liberty

I hope pegula buys the bills then everyone should pool money and have a statue of him put somewhere captioned the savior of everything buffalo he probably would want to build a stadium by the arena so all his investments are in the same area so can put it on an island like the statue of liberty

Hey Jimmy!... Loved you in Goodfellas... I'm gonna go get the papers get the papers...

I hope pegula buys the bills then everyone should pool money and have a statue of him put somewhere captioned the savior of everything buffalo he probably would want to build a stadium by the arena so all his investments are in the same area so can put it on an island like the statue of libertyI hope pegula buys the bills then everyone should pool money and have a statue of him put somewhere captioned the savior of everything buffalo he probably would want to build a stadium by the arena so all his investments are in the same area so can put it on an island like the statue of liberty

Run on sentence

Run on sentence

Interesting. They had Lt. Gov Duffy on the radio here this morning (he is from Rochester) and they were talking about the Bills sale. His comments, framed in a politically correct way praising the Gov as well as the Bills front office, was that the he thinks the Bills should stay in Buffalo, and that the 400 mil penalty (imposed, he said, by the Governor) is very helpful for that but ultimately it will be up to the new ownership to decide. Then he made some jokes about having 8-tracks of Bon Jovi ;).

Refreshingly honest for a politician was my overall impression. Now seeing that tweet I'm not so sure.

EDIT: After reading all of the tweets in Yolo's post below, I guess he isn't inconsistent. His radio statement says it is up to new ownership, and his tweets are basically a WNY'er Bills fan saying "don't do it".

Edited by CodeMonkey

There was more:

fjyf_7uG_normal.jpegRobert Duffy @LtGovDuffyNY · 12h

The Buffalo Bills are the only true NYS team. It would be a public relations disaster for any new owner to consider a move- and the 400m hit

I am a life- long Bills fan and I have an appreciation for what they mean to Buffalo and WNY. Plus- best/most loyal fans in the NFL.

Note to JBJ: You will lose fans/all of WNY- forever. Not worth it.

fjyf_7uG_normal.jpegRobert Duffy @LtGovDuffyNY · 11h

Last Point: What about Jim Kelly/all of Bills players/fans? No way!

Jeff Gundlach has also said on the record that he is interested in buying the team because he loves "THE BUFFALO BILLS" and openly ridiculed the idea of moving them somewhere else. So there's at least three.

Jeff Gundlach has also said on the record that he is interested in buying the team because he loves "THE BUFFALO BILLS" and openly ridiculed the idea of moving them somewhere else. So there's at least three.

FWIW, Trump says he would not move them. Whether or not he is to be trusted is questionable, but he is tight with JK. Not my first choice for owner, but again, just saying. Edited by YoloinOhio

FWIW, Trump says he would not move them. Whether or not he is to be trusted is questionable, but he is tight with JK. Not my first choice for owner, but again, just saying.

Right, feel free to count Trump or not. But I think it's pretty likely he "pulls out" before July 29 and blusters about how he definitely had the winning bid but has too many other awesome investment opportunities that he can't pass up. All to the press of course.