Steelers HOF Coach Chuck Noll Dies

Pittsburgh Steelers Hall of Fame Coach Chuck Noll died Friday night at the age of 82. He won four Super Bowl rings for the Rooney family in the 1970s. He was a brilliant game strategist and tactician and brought championship football to a small market town much like Marv Levy did for Buffalo.

I couldn't agree more. Lombardi was a great coach, but the others mentioned above we're just as impactful on the game. The defense was incredible, he made Bradshaw a HOF surrounding him with Lynn Swann, Franco Harris, etc.

Thanks for the memories as a kid Coach. When the Bills were pretty bad in the 70's I was a little boy and rooted for the Steelers. Even back then I couldn't stand the Cowboys. Usually Gil Brandt gets on NFL Radio at some point on Saturday mornings. I look forward to the stories we'll hear this morning.

Every bit an innovator as any other coach of his era. Father of the cover-2 zone concept. Yes, he was blessed with great talent, but it takes a great coach to mold it and keep it together for as long as he did. RIP, coach Noll.

GO BILLS!!!