Hillary's Campaign Kickoff

Hillary Clinton's Woes Continue

By Jennifer Rubin, Washington Post

Original Article

Recent events have not been kind to Hillary Clinton, but she is far from an innocent victim in what surely is one of the worst revival tours in memory.

Hillary Clinton, still unwilling to acknowledge her and her boss’s failure to accurately assess the threats from al-Qaeda and the spread of jihaists into Libya, stubbornly insists we really don’t know why the jihadists attacked and killed our people. Oh, puhleez. While not a supporter of civilian trials for enemy combatants, I must admit there is something satisfying about the prosecution’s version of events laid out for all to see. The New York Times (which fell for the maybe-it-was-the-video rationalization from the administration) delivers the blow:

[The indictment] said that in the days before the attack, he voiced “concern and opposition to the presence of an American facility in Benghazi,” the government said.

On the night of Sept. 11, 2012, a group of at least 20 men armed with machine guns, handguns and rocket-propelled grenades gathered outside the United States Mission in Benghazi and “aggressively breached” its gate, according to the document.

The men went on to set fire to the United States Mission. It was that fire that killed Mr. Stevens and a State Department employee. A little later, Mr. Abu Khattala “entered the compound and supervised the exploitation of material from the scene by numerous men, many of whom were armed.”

He then went to one of his militia’s camps, where many of its members had gathered and prepared a second attack, on another American outpost. Fearing that the United States was going to retaliate after the attacks, he tried to obtain weapons in the following days.

Hmm. Sounds like an al-Qaeda terrorist didn’t get word that “al-Qaeda is Dead, G.M. is alive” (an Obama campaign slogan).

Regardless of when we knew this — and the weight of evidence from administration intelligence officials is that it was within a day — we certainly know now that the administration didn’t have al-Qaeda on its heels. And we know, just as we know from the rise of Islamic State of Iraq and Syria, that the Obama-Clinton-John Kerry team hyped al-Qaeda’s demise and convinced themselves they were “ending” wars. In doing so, they let al-Qaeda come back, more widespread than ever before.

More at the link:

Well, like she said: "Was it because of a protest or was it because of guys out for a walk one night and decided they’d go kill some Americans," Clinton said. "What difference – at this point, what difference does it make?"

More's the pity that she wasn't at the compound that night instead of Stevens.

“al-Qaeda is Dead, G.M. is alive” (an Obama campaign slogan).

I couldn't believe this so I had to look it up. Well it's close. The slogan was "Bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive!" Still a dumbass slogan but get it right ok.

I couldn't believe this so I had to look it up. Well it's close. The slogan was "Bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive!" Still a dumbass slogan but get it right ok.

Jennifer Rubin is a hack. Establishment GOP to the bone...with an open hatred for Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz that goes wide and deep.

IT’S BASICALLY THE ACADEMIC ESTABLISHMENT LAUNDERING CONTRIBUTIONS FOR AN ALLY:

WaPo: At time of austerity, eight universities spent top dollar on Hillary Clinton speeches.

“In one previously undisclosed transaction, the University of Connecticut — which just raised tuition by 6.5 percent — paid $251,250 for Clinton to speak on campus in April. Other examples include $300,000 to address UCLA in March and $225,000 for a speech scheduled to occur in October at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas.

UPDATE: A reader notes that the President of the University of Miami, another Hillary-subsidizing school on the list, is none other than “Donna Shalala … Bill Clinton’s HHS secretary.”

Caption This: Hillary Clinton Signing One Of The Many, Many Leftover Copies Of Her Book.

Hillary Embarrasses Herself in Britain

by Thomas Lifson Original Article

SUNY Buffalo Refuses To Reveal Hillary’s Speaking Fee.

More on Hillary’s speaking fees here.

Related: Hillary Clinton is making a killing on the speaking circuit: Eight universities that have paid top dollar.

593x452xPoor-Hillary-Again-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.6tQtTnJm5p.jpg

Behind that "Hillary Clinton Says She’s Donated All University Speaking Fees" headline.

I didn't bother clicking through when I saw that running as the top headline all day yesterday. It was the 4th of July, and when I think of the 4th of July, I don't wonder what's the latest on the Clintons. But now it's the 5th of July, and that headline — which has left quite the impression by now — is still reigning atop Memeorandum.

Finally reading it, I'm irritated at Hillary and outraged at the new media outlets who put the headline in that form, which is missing the fact that flips the story: Hillary Clinton donates the money to her own foundation.

Here's the ABC News piece under the headline quoted above:

“All of the fees have been donated to the Clinton Foundation for it to continue its life-changing and life-saving work. So it goes from a foundation at a university to another foundation,” Clinton said when asked about the criticism she and her husband have faced recently for their wealth.

Taking from your foundation and putting it in my foundation... what a lovely, arrogant metaphor for a liberal's view of government

Edited by B-Man

Yikes, now even ABC News is going after Hillary and her laundering of speaking fees. Is Hillary lying about this? It's like she's completely falling apart at the seams.

HIllary still hasn't released docs showing her claim that she donated her fees.

In an interview with ABC News’ Ann Compton Friday, Clinton defended the high-dollar fees she charges for speaking at universities by saying the money goes to charity through the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation she controls with her husband, former president Bill Clinton. But Clinton, in response to specific follow-up questions, has offered nothing but silence.

“I have been very excited to speak to many universities during the last year and a half, and all of the fees have been donated to the Clinton Foundation for it to continue its life-changing and lifesaving work,” Clinton said. “So it goes from a Foundation at a university to another foundation.”

After the interview, ABC News reached out repeatedly to representatives from both the Clinton Foundation and Hillary Clinton’s office requesting documents to support Clinton’s claim, but none were provided.

Edited by LABillzFan

• 3 weeks later...

Hillary Was Against the Reset Before She Was For It

The Russian “reset” has always been regarded as Hillary Clinton’s baby, one of her smug “smart diplomacy” initiatives. Why do we associate the reset with Hillary? Because it was Hillary who presented the famous button to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in 2009. She sure looked happy about it then:

hillary-clinton-russia_reset11.jpg.pagespeed.ce._GrLwGevDv.jpg

In the ensuing years, Hillary was always glad to take credit for the Russian reset. As recently as June 13 of this year, Hillary doggedly claimed that the reset was a “brilliant stroke which in retrospect appears even more so.”

But that was before pro-Russia Ukrainian separatists used a Putin-supplied surface-to-air missile to shoot down a civilian airplane. That incident, on top of Russia’s other transgressions, must have been the last straw. Because now Hillary is disavowing her role in the “reset” fiasco. Now she tells interviewer Fareed Zakaria that she was “among the most skeptical of Putin” in the Obama administration, and that she documented her skepticism “in meetings as well as in memos to the President.” .................So it’s all Obama’s fault! ....................Sure, Hillary.

Here she is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C28p7r2HCsg

She's losing it.............already

Clintons: Behavior of Our Critics ‘Should Not Be Allowed’

by Jim Geraghty

The Clintons — Bill, Hillary, and Chelsea — release a joint statement on recent books critical of them by Ed Klein, Daniel Halper and Ronald Kessler:

"Their behavior should neither be allowed or enabled, and legitimate media outlets who know with every fiber of their being that this is complete crap should know not to get down in the gutter with them and spread their lies. But if anyone isn't sure, let's strap all three to a polygraph machine on live TV and let the needle tell the truth"

Got that? “Should not be allowed.” I can’t wait for Hillary to take the oath and pledge to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution… except for the First Amendment rights of authors who criticize me.”

Because the Tuzla Dash/”dead broke”/”did not… have… sexual… relations” Clintons are just the right folks to accuse others of lying, right? Are Hillary and Bill willing to subject themselves to live, televised polygraph tests?

UPDATE: Michael Blum reminds me of this past comment from Hillary Clinton, discussing her successful legal defense of an accused rapist:

On the tapes, Clinton, who speaks in a Southern drawl, appears to acknowledge that she was aware of her client’s guilt, brags about successfully getting the only piece of physical evidence thrown out of court, and laughs about it all whimsically.

“He took a lie detector test.
I had him take a polygraph, which he passed, which forever destroyed my faith in polygraphs,”
Clinton says on the recording, failing to hold back some chuckles.

"Their behavior should neither be allowed or enabled, and legitimate media outlets who know with every fiber of their being that this is complete crap should know not to get down in the gutter with them and spread their lies. But if anyone isn't sure, let's strap all three to a polygraph machine on live TV and let the needle tell the truth"

Reminds of the infamous "There ought to be limits to freedom." statement by George Bush in the 2000 election when he was being criticized on the internet. Politicians :doh:

Edited by reddogblitz

Reminds of the infamous "There ought to be limits to freedom." statement by George Bush in the 2000 election when he was being criticized on the internet. Politicians :doh:

I encourage you to Google that statement. Some kook set up a site that appeared to be Bush's campaign site and then held out positions that Bush had "taken". In addition, they posted a very scratchy tape that was supposedly Bush making that statement in response to their lies. Of course there out to be limits on freedom, that's what laws are for.

Why, however could that have happened ?

The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton.

Barack Obama used a similar line of attack on Hillary Clinton during the 2008 primary campaign:
[People] should ask themselves: Who got the single most important foreign policy decision since the end of the Cold War right, and who got it wrong?

And yet less than two weeks after his election, Obama made the person who was doggedly wrong on the “most important foreign policy decision” in a generation his secretary of State.

That convenient amnesia is exactly what is going to happen in 2016, when many of those who are willing to shout “baby killer” at Paul Wolfowitz will make it their full-time job to elect Hillary Clinton commander in chief. Clinton has given a totally implausible account of her evolving views on Iraq, even as she continues her hard-line hawkishness. Her entire career has been peppered with urging presidents to bomb, whether the target was Serbia in the ’90s or Libya and Syria this decade.

IT’S CRONYISM ALL THE WAY DOWN:

State Department approved 215 Bill Clinton speeches, controversial consulting deal, worth $48m; Hillary Clinton’s Chief Of Staff copied on all decisions.

Some of the speeches were delivered in global hotspots and were paid for by entities with business or policy interests in the U.S.

The documents also show that in June 2011, the State Department approved a consulting agreement between Bill Clinton and a controversial Clinton Foundation adviser, Doug Band.

The consultancy with Band’s Teneo Strategy ended eight months later following an uproar over Teneo’s ties to the failed investment firm MF Global.

State Department legal advisers, serving as “designated agency ethics officials,” approved Bill Clinton’s speeches in China, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, the United Arab Emirates, Panama, Turkey, Taiwan, India, the Cayman Islands and other countries.

The memos approving Mr. Clinton’s speeches were routinely copied to Cheryl Mills, Hillary Clinton’s senior counsel and chief of staff.

Bribery.

More's the pity that she wasn't at the compound that night instead of Stevens.

I wonder....what if she had been?

I wonder if Obama would have mobilized half the Marines we have at all the embassies in Europe, since it hardly takes 7 hours to get to Lybia from them. Or, would he have let her twist in the wind, with the rest of the "little people"?

Hmm. Probably would have come down to a political calculation, wouldn't it?

And, what if by some "miracle" :rolleyes: they were able to relieve the compound? If Hillary actually had to endure a fire fight.....

I'm pretty sure she'd be a completely different person, and would have immediately crushed any plan dishonoring the soldiers and Marines who had just fought to save her ass, by blaming it on a "spontaneous protest incited by a hateful video". :rolleyes:

Perhaps not. I mean, look at what she's doing now. All this crapping herself, then making it worse by smearing it around, then making it worse by telling us it's not crap? :blink: She's the worst candidate the Ds can run right now. And, her being the ONLY candidate the Ds can run right now just exacerbates the situation.

That's why she's saying things like "Their behavior should neither be allowed or enabled". She believes she's already won it all. Exactly like last time.

As of right now, 2016 is the Rs election to lose.

Run, Liz, Run!!!

Yeah.

I wonder: are the Ds truly dumb enough to bless us with this?

Say what you want about Hillary, at least she's a professional. Fauxcohantus will crack immediately when the real national POTUS media attention/scrutiny gets focused on her. Think about it:

she was so inferior, or felt so inferior, as a person, that she felt the need to lie about her heritage? That's damaged goods. No secure/mature person make that call. They have self-respect. They believe in their abilities, and don't seek special attention/indulgence. They take pride in not needing contrived Indian heritage to establish their own credibility.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Clinton Puts Out Of Touch Criticism To Rest By Moving Into Luxury Manhattan Office

As Hillary Clinton faces scrutiny for being out of touch with the average American, it was reported that Clinton has moved into a luxury Manhattan office that overlooks Times Square. Clinton, who claims she is undecided about a presidential campaign, has decided she now needs a second Manhattan office.

Yes, Clinton has another nearby office for her work at the Clinton Foundation, and, like the average American, Hillary Clinton struggles with only one luxury office.

According to Buzzfeed, the building is owned by Stephen Green. Green was a financial bundler for Clinton’s failed 2008 presidential campaign, has donated $15,300 to the Clintons and related PACs. That includes a $5,000 donation in 2013 to Ready For Hillary, a group preparing for Clinton’s next presidential campaign.

LOL....................

Jon Corzine, the former U.S. senator and Obama campaign bundler who was the head of MF Global during the brokerage firm’s collapse which lost more than a billion dollars, is reportedly co-hosting a “Ready for Hillary” PAC fundraiser:

'Ready For Hillary' dinner party hitting the Hamptons

The Hamptons are Ready for Hillary.

Real estate investor Dan Neidich and his wife, philanthropist and Whitney Museum chairwoman Brooke Neidich, are hosting an A-list dinner party to raise money for a potential Hillary Clinton presidential bid on Friday, Aug. 22 in Wainscott, N.Y.

The soiree will be co-hosted by former Gov. Jon Corzine, Corzine’s wife, Sharon; and Claude Wasserstein, the former wife of the late billionaire Bruce Wasserstein, among others.

Actress and activist Ashley Judd is billed as a special guest, alongside David Brock, founder of the Democratic rapid response team Correct the Record; and Craig Smith, a senior advisor for Ready for Hillary.

The dinner will be a “discussion about the work being done to lay the foundation for a potential Hillary Clinton presidential campaign,” according to an invite obtained by The News.

The event will raise money for the Ready For Hillary PAC, which is building a grassroots movement of support for a potential Hillary Clinton presidential bid.

The invite does not list ticket prices, but Ready for Hillary voluntarily caps donors at $25,000.

Read more at http://www.nydailyne...m1570eUjOE8y.99

LOL....................

Jon Corzine, the former U.S. senator and Obama campaign bundler who was the head of MF Global during the brokerage firm’s collapse which lost more than a billion dollars, is reportedly co-hosting a “Ready for Hillary” PAC fundraiser:

Read more at http://www.nydailyne...m1570eUjOE8y.99

Pardon my ignorance but what happens to all that money should she decide not to run?

It's tough all over..............

Clintons Downsize to $33K-Per-Week Hamptons Summer Home

Bill and Hillary Clinton, just a month removed from the latter’s “dead broke” comments, are cutting back on their annual Hamptons vacation by half. This year, the two will settle for a modest $18 million, seven bedroom place with no ocean view for a few weeks.

The Clintons will pull together $100,000 to stay at the Amagansett house for three weeks starting this month, down from the $200,000 they paid for their summer rental last year, according to a blog post by Blake Fleetwood on the Huffington Post. Their neighbors will include the likes of Hollywood nonentities such as Harvey Weinstein and Steven Spielberg, down-to-earth actress Gwyneth Paltrow, and vendors Calvin Klein and Ralph Lauren.

I feel bad for bill. Nothing can change that he wakes up to her every morning.

the two will settle for a modest $18 million, seven bedroom place with no ocean view for a few weeks.

I'm sure Huma will drop by for a few days..........................

The Ironic Mrs. Clinton

I’ve been saying this for a while now, but Hillary Clinton’s sudden criticism of Obama’s foreign policy — when she was Secretary of State no less — is a perfect example of how everything she says is assumed to be agenda-driven. Here’s how I put it last June:

Clinton may be president one day, but she’s already presidential in one sense: Her statements are never really taken at face value. Every utterance is examined for its ironic content and parsed like the rough draft of ad copy. What will people take away from this? What message is she sending to her fans? What spin is she offering to the media? What bait is she giving her enemies? How true is it?

Does anyone, on the left or right, think Hillary Clinton chose this moment to break from the old narrative of a collaborative relationship with the president to this new version where she was the brave, albeit unsuccessful, maverick inside a blundering foreign policy shop for any reason other than personal self-interest? Oh, it may be that what she is saying is true, or largely true, or merely true enough to sell the spin. But the point is that veracity is a secondary consideration. Moreover, the timing is laughably suspect.

Nothing Clinton does or says is free from this kind of skepticism. Indeed, cynicism is the first instinct. For instance, here’s the Washington Post headline on Juliet Eilperin’s story: ”Clinton Bluntly Criticizes Obama’s Foreign Policy.” The subhead? “Potential ‘16 hopeful seeks distance from the president she served.”

More at the link:

http://www.gopusa.com/news/2014/08/12/hillary-pretends-she-had-nothing-to-do-with-obama-foreign-policy/?subscriber=1

EDGARTOWN, Massachusetts (AP) — Hillary Rodham Clinton made her most aggressive effort yet to distinguish herself from her former boss, President Barack Obama, rebuking his cautious approach to global crises and saying the U.S. doctrine has to go beyond "don't do stupid stuff."

Clinton laid out a foreign policy vision ahead of a possible run for president in a weekend magazine interview.

"Great nations need organizing principles, and 'don't do stupid stuff' is not an organizing principle," Clinton said, referring to a version of the phrase Obama and his advisers have used privately to describe his approach to foreign policy.

Asked for her organizing principle, she replied: "Peace, progress, and prosperity. This worked for a very long time."

Clinton's critiques come as she weighs whether to seek the White House in 2016, and as Obama wrestles with tough choices on how the U.S. should engage in disputes erupting across the world.