World Cup Thread

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know who Lalas is but no, he didn't even touch him.

Lalas, Cobi Jones, John Harkes, Claudia Reyna, Tony Meola and others were part of the the teams back in the early 1990's that really revolutionized U.S Soccer. These guys were our hero's back then, these guys in my opinion are what really kick started the ascension of soccer in the US

Lalas now is the most renown Soccer commentator in the US for ESPN.

Edited by Magox

I don't know who Lalas is but no, he didn't even touch him.

Really? If you like soccer and don't know this guy that's strange. He had a really big fro and looked really goofy. Pretty much the epitome of an American soccer player. The guy was around for a long time, all of the 90's at the least.

I don't even like this girlie cross country kickball and I know this guy. I don't have an idea who that Joe Messi is. I know Clint Dempsey, but I prefer Clint Boyer. I remember Freddy Adoo, too, but no idea if he plays anymore.

Lalas, Cobi Jones, John Harkes, Claudia Reyna, Tony Meola and others were part of the the teams back in the early 1990's that really revolutionized U.S Soccer. These guys were our hero's back then, these guys in my opinion are what really kick started the ascension of soccer in the US

Lalas now is the most renown Soccer commentator in the US for ESPN.

Cobi Jones is Lalas black brother. I actually liked him because he just looked so happy.

It was not just these guys but the super exposure the sport got in the 90's.

I watch mostly Italian soccer with a passive following of England. As well, in the 90's I was much less into it.

cannot resist it... cannot...must...must...must resist gay joke.

I find it almost unbelievable to know that the soccer world is that wide that you may not have heard of the USA's top players.

This is why soccer gets a bad rap. Let the babies play through...

This is ridiculous! I just watched it. They mix it up... Uruguayan gets his chin/teeth on the shoulder of the Italian, who knows what happened... Shoulder could have smashed against teeth? Bite? Who cares... Then Italian guy hams it up and goes down, then Uruguayan sees him going down and then he goes down! There was like a second delay here folks between the two reactions! Then they are rolling on the grass. What are they 2 year olds? My God, how embarassing... I have two children, it is like them fighting when my son was 8 and daughter 4. Take your pick who's who!

If soccer is so contact... Where a mouthguard!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

He makes one good play, one !@#$ing good play all game and look what happened :)

My son is off from school and is looking forward to the game Thursday, but I strongly suspect both sides will take it easy and play for the draw. Germany and the US both have a few guys banged up and a easy walkthrough to match play would do them both good.

Germany will get some set pieces and they are devastating on set pieces. The US will need at elast one goal to tie and it won't be easy. I do not expect Germany to play super aggressive or risk injury but I also don't expect them to just boot the ball around without intent.

If it's 1-1 with 25 minutes to go, Germany will hold back knowing they won the group. But it will take a lot of great US play to get to that point.

Not a clear picture of what happened, but yeah, he bit him, LOL.

I freaking love Suarez.

He will be wearing a Barca/Real Madrid jersey soon.

Yes it's quite ambiguous. Maybe he wanted to smell Chiellini's perfume.

phdzcy.gif

Edited by meazza

He will be wearing a Barca/Real Madrid jersey soon.

Yes it's quite ambiguous. Maybe he wanted to smell Chiellini's perfume.

phdzcy.gif

I can't watch that without the Cookie Monster in my head singing "'C' is for Chielline, that's good enough for me..."

Who posted an embedded link on the last page? Peter? My work computer won't let me open the last page of this thread... It blocks the last page only... It says: "Suspicious embedded link."

EDIT: I wonder why it would block... Sorry Peter, wasn't you... ;-)

Why does Suarez fall to the ground... ?? He took the bite... Boo Boo on his toothy? Dude sees the other guy down and a second later he is on the ground holding his perfectly intact tooth... You gotta be kidding me! LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

And Cote D'Ivoire knocked out on a terrible call. !@#$ man these refs.

No that was a terrible call.

You watch enough soccer to know that's not true. The defender stepped into his shooting leg and made no attempt on the ball. It's a penalty that some refs might not call but anyone who saw it would call it. The guy had a clear scoring chance and was tripped as he was about to deliver the shot. Not a case of just getting tangled up.

This is why soccer gets a bad rap. Let the babies play through...

This is ridiculous! I just watched it. They mix it up... Uruguayan gets his chin/teeth on the shoulder of the Italian, who knows what happened... Shoulder could have smashed against teeth? Bite? Who cares... Then Italian guy hams it up and goes down, then Uruguayan sees him going down and then he goes down! There was like a second delay here folks between the two reactions! Then they are rolling on the grass. What are they 2 year olds? My God, how embarassing... I have two children, it is like them fighting when my son was 8 and daughter 4. Take your pick who's who!

If soccer is so contact... Where a mouthguard!

We get it, you don't like soccer and have no idea what you're talking about.

You watch enough soccer to know that's not true. The defender stepped into his shooting leg and made no attempt on the ball. It's a penalty that some refs might not call but anyone who saw it would call it. The guy had a clear scoring chance and was tripped as he was about to deliver the shot. Not a case of just getting tangled up.

When I originally saw it, it didn't look like a foul but I retract that statement after Peter posted that video.

We get it, you don't like soccer and have no idea what you're talking about.

Huh? It has nothing to do with me not liking soccer... That's beside the point.

You actually sanction this stuff? You can understand it? Oh sage soccer fan, please explain WTF just what happened on this play. His mouth was wide opened and he launched into his shoulder. He must of hurt his tooth?

Why did the biter fall to the ground a second after seeing his dinner react? What the hell was he doing? His teeth looked fine. LoL... Was he trying to distract the ref? Does he not know there is video? He acted like when I was a child and we'd get into a snowball fight. One of the kids would always throw first, lose and then when everybody was laughing @ him, he'd claim 3 minutes later there was "rock" in the snowball that hit him. Hey dude, it takes two to tango! Man up!

Hey, I don't pick the colors... They are doing one heck of a job trying to sell something. Hollywood is calling.

After seeing meazza's .gif, this Suarez dude is totally in the wrong first for the bite and then trying to sell he got hurt during his horrific ordeal that he had to endure.