World Cup Thread

The vine link at the end has the footage.

My condolences. Italy was snake bitten.

Seriously, I always respected Italy. I hope that Prandelli does not go through with the resignation. It is a shame that Pirlo perhaps ended his World Cup career like this.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My condolences. Italy was snake bitten.

Seriously, I always respected Italy. I hope that Prandelli does not go through with the resignation. It is a shame that Pirlo perhaps ended his World Cup career like this.

I seriously disagree. Italy approached the game the wrong way. They approached the tournament the wrong way. They left the best Italian player at home (Totti) for unproven players who have never played in Europe let alone a top club.

I love Buffon, Pirlo and De Rossi but it serves as a warning to Italian coaches to stop trying to out play your hand. You need a tie to win, try to score. At least in 2010 it was the WC hangover but this was !@#$ing embarrassing on so many levels.

And Suarez should be banned from the World Cup but I won't hold my breath.

I seriously disagree. Italy approached the game the wrong way. They approached the tournament the wrong way. They left the best Italian player at home (Totti) for unproven players who have never played in Europe let alone a top club.

I love Buffon, Pirlo and De Rossi but it serves as a warning to Italian coaches to stop trying to out play your hand. You need a tie to win, try to score. At least in 2010 it was the WC hangover but this was !@#$ing embarrassing on so many levels.

I honestly believe that it would have ended in a draw if the bite had not occurred. If it ended in a draw after being down 10 men, Italy would have gone through and we would not be having this conversation. Nevertheless, I will defer to you given that you follow the team much more closely than I do.

On the main board we have people discussing how LeBron and Jimmy Graham on defense would shut down a pip squeak like Messi. Good stuff.

Yeah but can they handle a Luis Suarez bite? I think not!

I honestly believe that it would have ended in a draw if the bite had not occurred. If it ended in a draw after being down 10 men, Italy would have gone through and we would not be having this conversation. Nevertheless, I will defer to you given that you follow the team much more closely than I do.

Even if they got a draw, what kind of approach is this? In 2006 we played well defensively but yet still were able to score whenever we wanted to.

But for me, the red card has to be one of the worst calls. I've never seen a player with the ball get a red card :lol: WTF

Yeah but can they handle a Luis Suarez bite? I think not!

Even if they got a draw, what kind of approach is this? In 2006 we played well defensively but yet still were able to score whenever we wanted to.

But for me, the red card has to be one of the worst calls. I've never seen a player with the ball get a red card :lol: WTF

If you are down to 10 men, it is a pretty good approach if a draw is all you need to go through.

If you are down to 10 men, it is a pretty good approach if a draw is all you need to go through.

We played with the same approach against Costa Rica and started the game defending against Uruguay.

Oh, I would think they will ban him for the rest of the world cup, and I wouldn't be surprised he would be banned from all FIFA sanctioned matches for an entire year.

This was done on the largest public viewing stage. It's an embarrassment to the world cup and to himself. One year ban

What are the chances Christiano Ronaldo plays on June 22nd?

He makes one good play, one !@#$ing good play all game and look what happened :)

My son is off from school and is looking forward to the game Thursday, but I strongly suspect both sides will take it easy and play for the draw. Germany and the US both have a few guys banged up and a easy walkthrough to match play would do them both good.

Edited by CodeMonkey

He makes one good play, one !@#$ing good play all game and look what happened :)

My son is off from school and is looking forward to the game Thursday, but I strongly suspect both sides will take it easy and play for the draw. Germany and the US both have a few guys banged up and a easy walkthrough to match play would do them both good.

It's one thing to not go all out, but Germany isn't going to pass up an easy goal if the US keeps insisting on making bad defensive zone turnovers. I wouldn't count on the tie until we start getting late in the game. The US has to avoid another stojanny start.

He should be banned from the WC, I don't care who you are. The guy has a few screws loose.

And Cote D'Ivoire knocked out on a terrible call. !@#$ man these refs.

wow...what a finish to Greece Ivory Coast, not being much of a soccer fan i don't know whether that was a good call for a penalty kick...what a shame to end that way

No that was a terrible call.

Lalas just said it was a penalty...but i defer that to you guys that follow soccer. I tell you what though, I am completely enjoying this world cup...don't think i will ever become an actual soccer fan but this world cup event is pretty frigging awesome.

And Cote D'Ivoire knocked out on a terrible call. !@#$ man these refs.

No that was a terrible call.

Lalas just said it was a penalty...but i defer that to you guys that follow soccer. I tell you what though, I am completely enjoying this world cup...don't think i will ever become an actual soccer fan but this world cup event is pretty frigging awesome.

I don't know who Lalas is but no, he didn't even touch him.