World Cup Thread

Next USA game against Portugal will be played in Manaus... USA allready looked like they were short on conditioning against Ghana, they will get smoked by Portugal in Manaus if they are really behind on conditioning. Manuas is horrible.

I don't understand what was going on with the US. They usually rely on great conditioning. It's like somebody put something in their gatorade yesterday with the muscle strains. Altidore, Besler, Johnson, Bedoya all were gimping around.

• Replies 945
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats so bad about Manuas?

CBF

Classic example of FIFA lunacy. In the middle of nowhere, inaccessible, and will host all of three matches. Then they have a great big stadium that will sit empty.

Classic example of FIFA lunacy. In the middle of nowhere, inaccessible, and will host all of three matches. Then they have a great big stadium that will sit empty.

Yep, and it's not akin FIFA, the Olympics is another 4 year even that make the very same lunacy.

See Greece.

Belgium dominating this half. Now 2-1 and Algeria has no answers. Nice goals.

I don't understand what was going on with the US. They usually rely on great conditioning. It's like somebody put something in their gatorade yesterday with the muscle strains. Altidore, Besler, Johnson, Bedoya all were gimping around.

Cameron was working on his achilles too. A strange game on that front to be sure.

Thankfully, my wife is Dutch so I have a good back up team to fall back on.

CBF

You and I are in the same situation. My wife is Dutch as well. We both have a very good "back up" team.

Hup Holland Hup.

You and I are in the same situation. My wife is Dutch as well. We both have a very good "back up" team.

Hup Holland Hup.

I wonder how the Dutch feel knowing that Belgium is much better than them :P

touched on here: http://www.businessinsider.com/john-oliver-fifa-2014-6. i think john oliver is brilliant and ruthless simultaneously in his comedy. this clip is definitely worth a look if you haven't seen it.

Mexico holding on (0-0 at halftime). I'm rooting for them to do well. I just like to see Brazil frustrated. Also, I want USA, Mexico and Costa Rico to represent for CONCACAF. (Honduras can go to hell, those cheap thugs)

Edited by Cugalabanza

Mexico holding on (0-0 at halftime). I'm rooting for them to do well. I just like to see Brazil frustrated. Also, I want USA, Mexico and Costa Rico to represent for CONCACAF. (Honduras can go to hell, those cheap thugs)

I'm pretty much with you on this one. CONCACAF Represent!