Bush vs Obama: Who's Worse?

Bush vs Obama  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who's worse?

• George W Bush
    • Barack H Obama
    • Both are equally as bad

More Obama administration "leadership"............

Liberal magazine cautions journalists WH playing them with shutdown fears, is ignored

The liberal opinion journal The New Republic is warning its ideologically simpatico readers on Wednesday, many of whom are influential political commentators themselves, that they are making a big mistake.

“As we approach the midterms, Democrats are naturally trying to frighten Americans into believing that the GOP could shut down the government again. What isn’t natural is that the media is helping them do it,” TNR’s Danny Vinik wrote.

Well, that’s certainly debatable. But let’s take this assertion at face value for the moment. Down what primrose path are these credulous journalists being led, you ask?

Just weeks after the White House earned scorn from the pressafter the administration’s fear mongering over a supposed secret plan to impeach Barack Obama was exposed as nothing more than a fundraising pitch, many in the press are buying into the notion that Republicans in Congress are eager to repeat disastrous government shutdown of 2013.

More at the link: http://hotair.com/ar...ars-is-ignored/

LOL..............government shutdown is the new impeach.

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Obama administration "leadership"............

More at the link: http://hotair.com/ar...ars-is-ignored/

LOL..............government shutdown is the new impeach.

Eh, they'll come out with a new scary monster/conspiracy story every few weeks until something sticks with their moronic base.

As a fan of monster/conspiracy stories, I take offense!

You should take offense. Stories should actually be good! Or at the very least minimally entertaining.

The White House offends both scary monsters AND real conspiracies with every idiotic boring tale they spin.

The ‘We Can’t Wait’ Clause :Obama seems to believe the Constitution must have room for his agenda.

By Charles C. W. Cooke

Unlike most American presidents, Barack Obama took his inaugural oath of office twice, the latter affirmation serving as a private belt-and-braces remedy to a verbal mistake, the former as the usual public spectacle. Four years later, he repeated the trick, promising fealty first during an exclusive White House ceremony, and then, a day later, before the nation at large. Thus did our 44th president bring to a remarkable four the number of times that he had solemnly sworn to faithfully execute the Office, and, to the best of his ability, to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.

{snip}

Democracies being volatile things, it is difficult to know precisely what the American people “want” the president to do. Either way, it is wholly irrelevant to the question at hand. I am quite sure that it is frustrating for Barack Obama that he happens to be president of the United States at the same time as the House of Representatives is controlled by the Republican party. I daresay, too, that it was irritating for George W. Bush that he happened to be president at a time during which there were insufficient legislators to indulge his own immigration plans. But, one might ask, “So what?” However they might have conceived of themselves and their agendas, neither our 43rd nor 44th presidents were possessed of a cosmic right to see their programs codified into law. Instead, they were and are but one cog in a large machine — a machine, it should be remembered, that deliberately stations the executive as one of the least important players within the legislative field. In America, presidents enjoy the right to use their limited powers to get as much of what they want as is possible. But they enjoy nothing more. When his ambitions are tempered by the ambitions of the other elected figures within the structure . . . well, nothing happens. That, I’m afraid, is how separation of powers works.

More importantly, perhaps, that’s how separation of powers is supposed to work. At the time of writing, the United States is not in extremis — and nor are its political arrangements historically egregious. Instead, the system is humming along nicely. There is little point in having a written constitution if the president can merely free himself from its restrictions when he deems them irresponsible. Nor, for that matter, is there much virtue in the people’s sending men and women to Washington to serve as a check on the president if the very act of being checked provokes him into circumventing the rules. Which is to say that Obama is irritated not with his inability to deal with imminent catastrophe, but with business as usual, and his lamentations amount not to a Churchillian roar but to a whine. On a human level, one can empathize. It is never nice to be thwarted when you believe that you have the only acceptable answers. On a legal level, though, one can do little more than shrug. Congress was elected, too.

Typically, these principles have enjoyed broad acceptance in America. No doubt they will again. If next year a Republican Senate turns the tables and renders President Obama the “obstructionist,” do we expect to hear Mitch McConnell explaining that he has been forced by Obama’s “unique” intransigence to pass laws without the president’s signature? Will we see a McConnell Senate seeking to form GOP-friendly proto-treaties with other nations? Will the House of Representatives start to issue the pardons that the president won’t on the grounds that they are “too important” to wait for?

More at the link:

Thanks bro. Glad to be back.

Things were never that bad though there were times where I felt completely lost. Sometimes it just takes an agonizing reappraisal of where you're going and where you want to be.

Yeah, it's good to see you back. And, have you considered sending your advice on to President Obama?

I mean, shouldn't taking an agonizing reappraisal of where he's going and where he wants to be.....be the ONLY advice he gets on Tuesday morning/whenever he gets done playing golf?

Hell, it worked for me.

Kennedy never would have pushed Civil Rights without LBJ's presence. There are pages of documentation showing how Kennedy was the last one to be dragged into the Civil Right's movement -- and he went kicking and screaming. LBJ had his faults, but the man believed in the movement far more than his predecessor.

LBJ is on record doing civil rights/Great Society for 1 reason, and 1 reason only:

LBJ direct quote: "I'll have those n------s voting Democrat for the next 50 years!" Look. It. Up. That is the real history of LBJ. Political pandering, and the systematic destruction of African American society as a whole in the US. Because? "Vote for us, and the handouts will be a little bigger next year! Don't vote for us, and the evil Republicans who hate your children will take those handouts away!"

Well, he wasn't wrong, was he? However, I believe the tipping point has been reached, since we've had our "black president". The polls for undecideds at 13% support for Obama? More than a few of those voters are black/hispanic. November is coming.

I challenge anyone here to deny the reality of the above. Every single piece of socio-economic data supports the FACT that the Great Society was actually the Great Crime perpetrated upon the black family. ALL the data shows that we need to go in a completely different direction. ALL the data shows that the current African American culture, ensconced, if not created, by the Great Society, is absolutely awful.

It's the only time in history that an awful culture is being propagated. Every awful culture elsewhere has died out. Example: how many Spartans do you see walking around outside of Michigan State? See a lot of Vikings recently, besides on Sundays? Is Tampa still a home to real pirates?

All awful, and underlying racist = votes...agendas must come to an end, too.

So you're saying the solution to our current problems is for someone to kill Obama?

Oh God no.

The day Biden takes office is the day Putin finally invades Poland, Germany, and that joker decides to send Secretary of State John Kerry over to "get over there and do something, instead of sitting around here". :lol:

Then again, Valerie Jarrett could always decide that, once again, the Constitution doesn't matter, and that she's simply better qualified to take over....you know, cause she's a black female, and we haven't had a black female president yet....so...problem solved.

Really, when I think about it: I give 3:1 odds that our military would simply take over, and call for a Constitutional Convention. Which, oddly enough, wouldn't be 100% illegal. In the case that the government is incapacitated/ineffectual, that is the legal recourse.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

"It wasn't me"......................lol

Obama Again Blames 'Nightly News' for Implying 'The World Is Falling Apart

President Obama is once again complaining about the media for making people frightened about the state of the world right now. At a Friday fundraiser in Purchase, New York, Obama said,“If you watch the nightly news, it feels like the world is falling apart.” He also blamed social media for spreading anxiety

Politico: Obama to Limit Campaigning to 'States Where He's Still Popular'; Make That 'Less Unpopular'

xObamas-Evil-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C418.pagespeed.ic.GMrOQ91lDG.jpg

,“If you watch the nightly news, it feels like the world is falling apart.”

Or if you live in Gaza, or Israel, or Syria, or Iraq, or western equatorial Africa, or the Ukraine, or anywhere near the South China Sea (b.t.w., China last week followed up a demand for the US to stop surveillance in the region with harassing a US naval search plane in international waters last week and drove it out of the South China Sea. Didn't hear that reported anywhere, did we?)

At least Missouri is peaceful...

Or if you live in Gaza, or Israel, or Syria, or Iraq, or western equatorial Africa, or the Ukraine, or anywhere near the South China Sea (b.t.w., China last week followed up a demand for the US to stop surveillance in the region with harassing a US naval search plane in international waters last week and drove it out of the South China Sea. Didn't hear that reported anywhere, did we?)

At least Missouri is peaceful...

I heard about it. But I'm a nerd.

Obama and it isn't even close. He will go down as the worst in history if progs don't create a dictatorship and begin to put all the pesky conservatives in to work camps like their true hero did with the Jews.

Obama and it isn't even close. He will go down as the worst in history if progs don't create a dictatorship and begin to put all the pesky conservatives in to work camps like their true hero did with the Jews.

well, at least you're not trolling or anything.

Obama explains to the very rich

At a fundraiser in the home of an occasional Obama golf partner and former president of UBS Investment Bank, Obama spoke before an audience paying $15,000 a couple to bask in his aura.

Let me tell you about the very rich. They are different from you and me. They want to hear more Obama, and they can afford his policies.

Speaking before a friendly crowd, Obama delivered real value. He achieved new depths of inanity. He actually said this without provoking howls of laughter. (The very rich are different from you and me). Justin Sink reports in the Hill:

“I can see why a lot of folks are troubled,” Obama told a group of donors gathered at a Democratic National Committee barbecue in Purchase, N.Y.

But the president said that current foreign policy crises across the world are not comparable to the challenges the U.S. faced during the Cold War.

Acknowledging “the barbarity” of Islamist militants and Russia “reasserting the notion that might means right,” Obama, though, dismissed the notion that he was facing unprecedented challenges.

“The world’s always been messy … we’re just noticing now in part because of social media,” he said, according to a White House pool report.

Priceless. And there is more:

“If you watch the nightly news, it feels like the world is falling apart,” said Obama.

The president acknowledged that conflicts in the Middle East posed difficulties, “but it’s been challenging for quite a while,” he said.

“We will get through these challenging times just like we have in the past,” Obama added.

Obama to the contrary not withstanding, he presents a crisis with a new challenge. In crises past, we had Lincoln and Roosevelt to see us through. In the Cold War, we had Truman to set the course with the strategy of Containment and Reagan to top it off. Now we are revisiting killer rabbit territory, but Carter awoke from his reveries. Obama still seeks to align us with the mullahs of Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood and their friends elsewhere.

Obama does not understand the nature of the challenge that oppresses us. He is obstinate in his view of the world. He is not about to learn anything. We have never confronted a world crisis with an ideological numbnuts at the helm.

Hope! We can hope for a “strategy,” or we can hope that things will start looking up in about two-and-a-half years.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2014/08/obama-explains-to-the-very-rich.php

Google FEMA camps. Obama built that. Pretty scary the lack of awareness in this country.

Right. Google "FEMA camps Bush." You don't even have awareness of your own bull ****, much less what's going on in the country.

Next you're going to tell me a plane didn't hit the Pentagon.

Maybe. But they've been multiple flyovers of AWACS over One World Trade recently. How do you explain that one Dexter?

Half the Libyan state airline is missing. They're expecting some sort of attack on the 11th.

Maybe not in NYC...but no, I am not making that up.

Half the Libyan state airline is missing. They're expecting some sort of attack on the 11th.

Maybe not in NYC...but no, I am not making that up.

Would really suck to work across the street