NFLS top RB Trios

We definitely are in the top 3. If Spiller returns to 2012 form, we will finish the year with the top backfield. I think he does because he will be healthy and the line will be improved, greatly. Pears was the worst rated run blocking RT in the league. Colin Brown was the worst OG in the league; both are gone.

They will also have some semblance of a passing attack this season which is something you couldn't say last year. Defenses knew they were going to run the ball and played it. It's easy to cheat like that when you have Jeff Tuel in there at QB.

I think Bryce Brown puts them over the top by the end of the season. He is exactly what this staff has been looking for: a big, powerful back that can punish defenses up the middle. 220 lb'er that runs a 4.40 is exactly what the Dr ordered. The weakest facet of the run game was the short yardage game and that was addressed with Brown and Dixon. Hell, Brown had nearly 350 yards in his 2 starts last season when McCoy was out. Kid has a ton of talent.

I like ours, Seattle's and Philly's the best.

IF the coaches learn to get him in space OR he learns to run more north and south.

Me too. Philly and Buffalo are about even, IMO, with Seattle a step behind.

The only thing about a trio is that there aren't usually enough carries to divide by three. Only two of the backs are really going to get action and by that standard Philly is the top, IMO.

Edited by vincec

They didn't use Frank the Tank much at all last year. Does he stay?

god but when they did use him he was something. i really liked how he performed in the passing game. i hope that if he stays we can develop that part of his game to be a useful addition and a good wrinkle to what we have.

imagine a play action play where we have him run to the line to lead block and we just keep feeding it to spiller and jackson to follow his block, right? well, play action option, ej keeps it, summers goes to block and next thing you know he creeps thru the line and goes downfield for a quick 6 yard pass and then blows up dudes to add another 5 yards.

Joe B's Day 3 OTA notes said that Hackett had Spiller and Jackson in the same formation. They will be able to do this because of the acquisition of Bryce Brown, and I also think that was why they were trying to get Hyde in the draft. With a guy like that as the 3d RB, they will be able to use Spiller and Jackson simultaneously without having to worry about resting one because Brown can come in and take carries. This is very encouraging because if you have Spiller out there the defense always has to know where he is which takes focus off of Fred and plus you put Watkins out there....

Whaley said he had been trying to trade for Bryce Brown for 18 months. They know what they have in Spiller/Jackson now (I think they thought he was more of a bell cow back last year and by the time they figured out he was not that, he was hurt and couldn't use him the way they wanted to). The RB depth, with Dixon too.... is very awesome. If only we had been able to punch the ball in at the goal line against KC and Cincy....

How can one "wreck" havoc?

Oh you'll see !

I would like to mention Dixon too .

Joe B's Day 3 OTA notes said that Hackett had Spiller and Jackson in the same formation. They will be able to do this because of the acquisition of Bryce Brown, and I also think that was why they were trying to get Hyde in the draft. With a guy like that as the 3d RB, they will be able to use Spiller and Jackson simultaneously without having to worry about resting one because Brown can come in and take carries. This is very encouraging because if you have Spiller out there the defense always has to know where he is which takes focus off of Fred and plus you put Watkins out there....

Whaley said he had been trying to trade for Bryce Brown for 18 months. They know what they have in Spiller/Jackson now (I think they thought he was more of a bell cow back last year and by the time they figured out he was not that, he was hurt and couldn't use him the way they wanted to). The RB depth, with Dixon too.... is very awesome. If only we had been able to punch the ball in at the goal line against KC and Cincy....

So can they keep them all ? Pleeez ?

I loved Franks play when he was used.

Buffalo and Seattle have the two best backfields in the NFL. (Bills were #2 last year and improved!)

However, San Francisco will not be far behind once Marcus Lattimore gets healthy and Carlos Hyde gets acclimated. Not to mention, they have Frank Gore, Kendall Hunter, Lamichael James and Jewell Hampton.

With a dual-threat QB and a stacked stable of WR's...the 49ers have a completely stacked offense, unlike any other team.

Within probably a year, Lattimore and Hyde could be potentially one of the best RB duos we have seen in a long time. They were the only two running backs in the last 3-5 years that I have really wanted the Bills to draft. I think they are complete studs. (Especially a healthy Lattimore.)

PS. I think Boobie Dixon finds a bigger role, with more playing time, at fullback...like out in San Francisco.

Edited by Bob Malooga

With the top LB, RB and arguably top DL in the league, the Bills damned well make the playoffs this year!

Where does our WR group rank?? Gotta be top 5 theoretically, if Watkins is what everyone thinks he will be, we are deep as hell...

Edited by matter2003

This is getting to be annoying. Obviously there aren't many obvious holes on this year's squad... obviously.

But why no love for Boobie Dixon? :P

And Dixon will be the reason Frank is released. Carrying 4 rbs, 3 capable of 1000 yd campaigns. This year is gonna be awesome. I injected the koolaid, it is ME.

Where does our WR group rank?? Gotta be top 5 theoretically, if Watkins is what everyone thinks he will be, we are deep as hell...

Smells like we won the offseason yet again. That's 2 out of 3 seasons by my count.

Brown who I really like is most likely 4th on the depth chart behind Dixon who we continue to hear is a RB not a FB

I think Dixon is going to steal more carries then people think

Jackson, Spiller, Brown are going to wreck havoc this year!

http://www.nfl.com/n...ls-top-rb-trios

Does anyone honestly think we are going to carry 4 pure RB's? The answer should be no that said Doug Whaley brought in TWO of them this offseason, HIS personnel moves. Anyone care to guess which RB gets cut? Hint: It won't be one of the two guys HE Brought in this year.