2014 projected bills starters from nfl.com

TPS

I question that Searcy will be the other starter at safety, but not bad overall. I think the last paragraph nails it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000352783/article/projected-2014-starters-buffalo-bills

Btw, check the nice little highlight video from the first Jets game that's embedded with the story and note what former OL gives chandler a helmet slap after his TD.

Edited by TPS

I must be missing something because they swapped out a strong side LB for a CB. Do they think our base defense is a nickel?

true, and if it is nickel, spikes wouldn't be in.

I must be missing something because they swapped out a strong side LB for a CB. Do they think our base defense is a nickel?

With teams playing more of a spread offense I'd guess that they expect team to play 3 cb more often than not.

With teams playing more of a spread offense I'd guess that they expect team to play 3 cb more often than not.

A lot of teams run nickel about half of snaps- add in goal line, dime, etc.... And you aren't in your "base" defense all that often.

Hard to see much happening on offense.. Doesn't seem to be any surprises for our opponents to game plan for.... Our luck that the schedule looks like an extended version of murderer's row. I see two, maybe three wins when it's all said and done.

Sure hope I'm wrong about that.

Hard to see much happening on offense.. Doesn't seem to be any surprises for our opponents to game plan for.... Our luck that the schedule looks like an extended version of murderer's row. I see two, maybe three wins when it's all said and done.

2-3 wins? In a season? Hell, even at my most pessimistic I don't expect to be that bad.

Glad you got that "sure hope I'm wrong about that" in there. Geez...

I think that Robey gets beat at the slot CB position. Thinking Corey Graham will fill that spot but I'm happy with either. I really think that the depth on this team is better than any roster this team has had in a decade. Both offensively and defensively we're better off than we've been in a while. 2-3 wins, is that in the first 4 weeks?

Care to make a wager? Put your money where your mouth is?

I will bet you $100 on over 3 wins right now. Deal?

I found this quote interesting:

Buffalo overspent for free agent Chris Williams, who takes over at left guard, before finding its new right tackle in rookie Cyrus Kouandjio. After failing multiple team physicals with an arthritic knee, the former first-team All-American from Alabama looms as a boom-or-bust prospect for a line that allowed an outrageous 48 sacks last season, fourth-worst in the NFL.

I hadn't heard he had failed multiple physicals.

I found this quote interesting:

Buffalo overspent for free agent Chris Williams, who takes over at left guard, before finding its new right tackle in rookie Cyrus Kouandjio. After failing multiple team physicals with an arthritic knee, the former first-team All-American from Alabama looms as a boom-or-bust prospect for a line that allowed an outrageous 48 sacks last season, fourth-worst in the NFL.

I hadn't heard he had failed multiple physicals.

I never trust the "he failed the Physical" line ...I think most teams use that line for the media so they don't have to go into an actual explanation....on the Murphy show Kouandjio said he played almost 3 years after the surgery with no problems...I think he said he didn't miss one game in that time

A lot of teams run nickel about half of snaps- add in goal line, dime, etc.... And you aren't in your "base" defense all that often.

http://www.sbnation.com/2014/3/13/5503674/2014-nfl-draft-free-agency-defense-seahawks-49ers-nickel-dime

Here is an article about that. On 57% of snaps last season defenses were in the nickel or dime versus 43% for base or goal line.