Update on renovations to The Ralph

Sorry, one last thought from the wife. There is no longer and clock (time of day) anywhere in the stadium and nowhere on the huge board could you consistently find the time remaining in the game and often there was not a displayed down and distance.

Not displaying the Down is weird; distance not so much seeing we were backed up so much, they most likely didn't program the numbers to go up that high...

3rd and 40...

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new scoreboard, while huge was also a disappointment. The area used for actual video is the same size as it had been in the past the extra space is used to constantly stream commercials. The video of the Jan king lady cleaning the glass from inside the board was on so often I stopped looking at the board.

Yeah nothing like talking up the new jumbotron and then using all of the new space for ads on a loop. The other new "square" displays at the end of the stadium? Pointless and not the right aspect ratio. The long display above the tunnel end was just a looping advertisement as well. Basically, they made a big deal about giving us more advertising. I really don't care if they advertise like crazy, that's how they pay some bills, but don't act like you just gave us something wonderful.

The stadium now looks like a penitentiary or military installation from the outside. it's not just the paint job. The lights outside look like something from Call of Duty. The riprap all around the stadium is going to get someone hurt and the hard angles and steep terrain designed to prevent Al Qaeda from driving an explosives filled humvee into the stadium is outright ridiculous.

The ugliest thing has to be the store. We were walking up from Hammer's and we were like what is that giant greyhound bus looking thing parked out front? FUGLY.

Maybe the younger crowd will like the look and if so, it is a success in my mind. I don't really care that the improvements are mostly crap IMO, it's still a fine place to watch a game. Want to see better product on the field.

I thought the renovation was pretty nice. I hope they decide to take the ads off the scoreboards and use the full screen size for replays. I never really had a problem with the old gates and I didn't go to the store so it looked mostly like a new paint job to me.

It's exactly what I expected - a Band-aid to get us through the next 7/10 years. If you were expecting anything more, you were mislead.

They really dropped the ball on the food. I thought the Duff's artificially colored, processed chicken nuggets were pretty weak. And I just stared in disbelief when served the "Beef on Weck" - 3 greasy egg rolls stuffed with tasteless mystery meat. I'd happily pay the $10 for a small portion of the real things, but I was insulted by these poor imitations. Fool me once...

Yeah nothing like talking up the new jumbotron and then using all of the new space for ads on a loop. The other new "square" displays at the end of the stadium? Pointless and not the right aspect ratio. The long display above the tunnel end was just a looping advertisement as well. Basically, they made a big deal about giving us more advertising. I really don't care if they advertise like crazy, that's how they pay some bills, but don't act like you just gave us something wonderful.

The stadium now looks like a penitentiary or military installation from the outside. it's not just the paint job. The lights outside look like something from Call of Duty. The riprap all around the stadium is going to get someone hurt and the hard angles and steep terrain designed to prevent Al Qaeda from driving an explosives filled humvee into the stadium is outright ridiculous.

The ugliest thing has to be the store. We were walking up from Hammer's and we were like what is that giant greyhound bus looking thing parked out front? FUGLY.

Maybe the younger crowd will like the look and if so, it is a success in my mind. I don't really care that the improvements are mostly crap IMO, it's still a fine place to watch a game. Want to see better product on the field.

The 'renovation' looks like the NFL hired a group of Meth 'tweakers' to design this fortification/travesty. Can you say *PARANOID*? The scoreboard? It would be easy to configure it to show the field full screen, but the Bills opted to force feed us cheesy, crap commercial ads instead of making a better gameday experience for the fans. The mindless, precussive 'auto tune' 'music' played too loudly is sure to drive away fans with any sense of taste

They'd need to double the amount of toilets.

There would be numerous projectile crappin' contests post game in the parking lots.

I have to sadly say I was underwhelmed myself. I'm in the 300 level in the center and concourse situation seemed worse than ever. The line for the concession stands stretched across the concourse in the middle of the first quarter making it nearly impossible to pass. The La Nova pizza lost some it's luster at $7 per slice(!) and the duffs boneless wings were 6 nuggets for $10. That a $9 beer and, well, make your own joke here.

$7 for a slice of pizza? LOL. I'm glad I always eat before I go in the stadium. Between the lines, the price, and the quality, it is a joke. As for the continued gridlock under the upper deck, this is why once I get in my seat thru the time when the game is over, the only place I'm going is to the top of the upper deck to use the bathrooms there.

The mindless, precussive 'auto tune' 'music' played too loudly is sure to drive away fans with any sense of taste

Holy Cow I forgot about the BLARING music. I don't mean to sound old, but what the hell. Sitting in the upper deck, when that music was blasting you could not hear the stadium announcer OR my wife who was sitting next to me.

Has the music been that loud, I haven't been there in a couple of years, but don't remember it being like that.

I was in the Van Miller Club.

The music was sooooo LOUD and bad. Literally every second play wasnt going on there was terrible music that was ear-shattering. I couldnt even complain to my friends next to me about it because the music was so LOUD! We ended up leaving during the 2nd quarter because it was unbearable. Tried to watch the game from inside the club for awhile then asked ourselves what are we even doing?

I thought the renovations were pretty good. The rat-maze in the scoreboard end is a little ??? I think everything makes the stadium look like a pro stadium. I do like that the aux screen shows scores/stats as that was lacking. Love how the other screen shows replays and action as my Seasons are blocked from the main scoreboard which really sux during video reviews. I did not go to a public bathroom or do food, but they looked nice. The wife went to get water and she said the concessions in the club were a giant cluster, nobody knew what was gone and a mob of angry people.

Entering the stadium was very easy, but we showed up right at gametime when not many people were heading in.

Im not used to the seat location, but I had a really hard time finding the time remaining and down/distances. May have just been the result of sitting in one place 100x then switching for a game.

Overall it doesnt matter though. The volume and content and persistence of the "music" destroyed my/our day. If that is how it is, this will be my last season as a STH

Edited by May Day 10

Guys please forward these comments to the customer service folks on BuffaloBills.com - I bet they do something about the music volume. I will say that a) I found it loud too and 2) the stadium was half empty which makes more surfaces for the sound to bounce off of. Also the crowd was not so loud so that didn't help cover the audio volume. All of this means they should have turned it down to 11.

I was not impressed with the renovations at all. The bathroom outside of section 132 has a fresh coat of paint and a few speakers, still have to piss in troughs. There is still only one door enter/exit, and here is the best part, THERE IS NO DOOR HANDLE so if you are in the bathroom, you have to wait for someone to come in to get out!!! They didn't put the time on the score board until the 3rd quarter. They had one of the new video monitors showing fantasy stats when we were they only game being played, the fantasy stats should be on the long ribbon board in the tunnel end zone and the game on the two video monitors, in my opinion. A 24 oz can of beer cost $9 in the Coors Lite Bar and a 16 oz can also cost $9 at the concession stands. Finally...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Do you have seasons in 132?

Guys please forward these comments to the customer service folks on BuffaloBills.com - I bet they do something about the music volume. I will say that a) I found it loud too and 2) the stadium was half empty which makes more surfaces for the sound to bounce off of. Also the crowd was not so loud so that didn't help cover the audio volume. All of this means they should have turned it down to 11.

ok, I did:

Good afternoon-

I thought the renovations look very good and provides a much more pro-feel to the stadium. I also appreciate a video screen now viewable from my Rockpile seats.

I was given free tickets to the Van Miller Club on Saturday. The gameday presentation was atrocious and the worst I have experienced in 30+ years of attending sporting events. The speakers. The music and PA were turned up waaaaaaaaaay too loud. Loud enough to hurt my ears which are still ringing today, my wife's ears, and made my son scream and cry. When the ball wanst in play, not one moment was left to any sort of silence on the speakers. The music selection was also an abysmal autotune, undeterminable mess, as are the "sound effects" are very unoriginal and played out. I could not have any conversation with the person next to me, after a few tries. We just had to sit there in silence while getting blasted by over the top noise.

After awhile we retreated to inside the club, where many others had retreated and were discussing/complaining about this issue. It was a complete day-ruiner after paying $25 for parking, getting down to Orchard Park, and looking forward to Kid's Day. We could not make it to the end of the 2nd Quarter.

If this is how it is going to be and my regular season tickets are this noisy, this will be my last season as a season ticket holder. I cant imagine the clientele who buy club seats will tolerate this either.

I see it as much less of an issue comparatively, but the concessions in the Van Miller Club were a complete disaster and it took 15 minutes to get a bottle of water.

Thank you for reading

(may day 10)

No one has answered yet on the beer distribution....fellas someone tell me getting a beer was way easier than previous????? Please for the love of God telll me getting a beer was easy!!!!!

It better have been easy on kid's day!

No one has answered yet on the beer distribution....fellas someone tell me getting a beer was way easier than previous????? Please for the love of God telll me getting a beer was easy!!!!!

It better have been easy on kid's day!

Plus at $9 per that should keep the lines down as well.