Update on renovations to The Ralph

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone speculated that the black paint on the exterior signifies a mourning period over the passing of RCW? I hadn't thought of it until I was walking up on the stadium today and saw the black everywhere, especially covering up the "Ralph Wilson Stadium" sign on the back of the big video board.

It felt like the stadium was sitting shiva. And if that's the case, I think the stark blackness of it kind of makes sense and is kind of nice. The man that literally built this franchise has passed. So we're gonna wear black for a while.

Has anyone speculated that the black paint on the exterior signifies a mourning period over the passing of RCW? I hadn't thought of it until I was walking up on the stadium today and saw the black everywhere, especially covering up the "Ralph Wilson Stadium" sign on the back of the big video board.

It felt like the stadium was sitting shiva. And if that's the case, I think the stark blackness of it kind of makes sense and is kind of nice. The man that literally built this franchise has passed. So we're gonna wear black for a while.

they haven't finished putting all of the graphics and logos on the outside of the stadium.

The NFL Network feed was the Bills local feed, with Bentley and Tasker the announcers.

Right, but, pre-game and halftime was back in NFL network studios, so no stadium tour or showcasing of renovations -- even during broadcast -- wasn't sure if local feed did something pre-game or during halftime

I was not impressed with the renovations at all. The bathroom outside of section 132 has a fresh coat of paint and a few speakers, still have to piss in troughs. There is still only one door enter/exit, and here is the best part, THERE IS NO DOOR HANDLE so if you are in the bathroom, you have to wait for someone to come in to get out!!! They didn't put the time on the score board until the 3rd quarter. They had one of the new video monitors showing fantasy stats when we were they only game being played, the fantasy stats should be on the long ribbon board in the tunnel end zone and the game on the two video monitors, in my opinion. A 24 oz can of beer cost $9 in the Coors Lite Bar and a 16 oz can also cost $9 at the concession stands. Finally...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Edited by ET1062

I was at RWS last week and it looks really nice from the outside, like a modern stadium. The entrance area used up a lot of the parking lot and extends closer to the street. I like the look of the "black wings" of the entrance structure. The Bills Store also looks very nice and again extends the stadium to make it look larger. The new scoreboard screen by the main entrance is absolutely enormous and presents a large black wall to the street but I heard they are going to add graphics.

Would be nice if anyone could post some pics or links.

OK, found this link quite easily- describes exactly what I saw in person last week.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/10-big-changes-unveiled-at-Ralph-Wilson-Stadium-/0a114437-77aa-4834-8b6d-82fed2e1d8b3

I couldn't find the water fountain I have used in the past and assumed they finally upgraded to modern fountains.

I asked Guest Services where they were moved to, and was told that there are no longer water fountains.

I thought painting cinder blocks all over the the interior was incredibly tacky and cheap. They couldn't afford with $130 million to do anything other than paint the cinderblocks?

The floor remained blacktop with sewers, and although some of the changes appeared alright, I felt the overall look of the place was still trashy.

I like the stadium overall and don't want them to move locations, so I was mostly hoping that the alterations would be significant enough to change people's opinions...instead it confirmed that it's always going to be very cheap and have poor aesthetics.

I have to sadly say I was underwhelmed myself. I'm in the 300 level in the center and concourse situation seemed worse than ever. The line for the concession stands stretched across the concourse in the middle of the first quarter making it nearly impossible to pass. The La Nova pizza lost some it's luster at $7 per slice(!) and the duffs boneless wings were 6 nuggets for $10. That a $9 beer and, well, make your own joke here.

The new scoreboard, while huge was also a disappointment. The area used for actual video is the same size as it had been in the past the extra space is used to constantly stream commercials. The video of the Jan king lady cleaning the glass from inside the board was on so often I stopped looking at the board.

As others said, there was no improvement in the one door bathrooms.

I will say entry to the stadium was easier and movement at least in the lower level was better, but overall I'm shocked people were saying this was like a brand new stadium.

Sorry, one last thought from the wife. There is no longer and clock (time of day) anywhere in the stadium and nowhere on the huge board could you consistently find the time remaining in the game and often there was not a displayed down and distance.