Update on renovations to The Ralph

Concourses are still not nearly wide enough.

The Bills readily acknowledge this, and only a major retrofit would change that.

So this renovation was not focused on not making the concourses wider, but getting people out of them quicker. Quicker they get out, less people in them, concourses seem wider.

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills readily acknowledge this, and only a major retrofit would change that.

So this renovation was not focused on not making the concourses wider, but getting people out of them quicker. Quicker they get out, less people in them, concourses seem wider.

Also by moving some concessions and rest rooms outside the original concourses.

Concourses are still not nearly wide enough.

not sure i understand that.. the stadium was built originally seating 82,000.. was an original season ticket holder, while there wasnt as many vendors in the concourses. are the people attending games getting wider? ,as a guy who attended games at the rockpile, rich stadium was considered state of the art.. obviously im not referring to amenities( wi-fi, scoreboards) , i mean physical , practical ways of getting around.. Edited by dwight in philly

not sure i understand that.. the stadium was built originally seating 82,000.. was an original season ticket holder, while there wasnt as many vendors in the concourses. are the people attending games getting wider? ,

Based on obesity studies I would say yes.

http://www.wkbw.com/...-271698081.html

Looks like they still have a concrete walk way to pour outside the store between the stadium.. The race is on!

Definitely going to be down to the wire. I think I heard or read somewhere that they were "90%" done as of a day or two ago.

I hope the "don't urinate in sink" signs are up.

not sure i understand that.. the stadium was built originally seating 82,000.. was an original season ticket holder, while there wasnt as many vendors in the concourses. are the people attending games getting wider? ,as a guy who attended games at the rockpile, rich stadium was considered state of the art.. obviously im not referring to amenities( wi-fi, scoreboards) , i mean physical , practical ways of getting around..

Remember, back then concessions were generally limited to

Hot Dog

Coke

Beer

Peanuts

Popcorn

That was about it it, and they were all sold via vendors walking up and down the stairs...one did not need to leave the seat to get a beer and a dog :thumbsup: (oh the good old days)

Plus, you could bring your own food in much easier etc.

So , net net i think way more people in the concourses during the actual game than was ever envisioned almost 45 years ago.

Edited by plenzmd1

Remember, back then concessions were generally limited to

Hot Dog

Coke

Beer

Peanuts

Popcorn

That was about it it, and they were all sold via vendors walking up and down the stairs...one did not need to leave the seat to get a beer and a dog :thumbsup: (oh the good old days)

Plus, you could bring your own food in much easier etc.

So , net net i think way more people in the concourses during the actual game than was ever envisioned almost 45 years ago.

yea, your probably right, the way the concessions are handled sure have changed. but , not to argue the point because the need is there , but back then, you had smokers all over the place and that factor is gone, but just surprised the concourse sizes are a problem.. but i do get it..

yea, your probably right, the way the concessions are handled sure have changed. but , not to argue the point because the need is there , but back then, you had smokers all over the place and that factor is gone, but just surprised the concourse sizes are a problem.. but i do get it..

that is my only guess.

I was one of the smokers as well.. if game was boring i would go to concourse and have smoke, but i admit i was one of the aresholes smoking pretty much all game in my seat when it was legal.

.speaking of which i am surprised they did niot put in some airport style smoker lounge somewhere in that place with this renovation.

I was/

Gotta say I was a little disappointed yesterday, my wife and I went to check out the store and they closed early due to a "power outage". Not a huge deal, but was just interested in checking out the new space.

I hope this doesn't happen today, the family and I are stopping by today when we get into town!

I went to the stadium a few days ago to check things out. First off the new jumbo tron is HUGE! Thats going to be really nice for all of us. Sitting on the 50 I will be seeing really good video. The Bills store is much larger but overall no difference in the amount of merchandise or price. Getting in the stadium will be much easier with less wait as there are more points of entry. The black trim on the outside of the stadium is plain ugly and looks cheap to me. I cant comment on the concourses etc as I wasnt inside but this new renovation may really be way better for the fan experience.

I think I read somewhere they are going to put logos back on the outside -- may help with that black paint everyone seems to dislike.

I read that somewhere too. I think it said something about the logos lighting up at night and also being back lit against the black background.

Definitely going to be down to the wire. I think I heard or read somewhere that they were "90%" done as of a day or two ago.

I hope the "don't urinate in sink" signs are up.

Urinating in the sink is a time honored tradition.