Since the Dougs arrived

I really like the direction this team has taken since they hired the Dougs. They have become more bold and decisive.

The only problem I have is they kept the special teams coach, and then blamed it on inadequate players.

Most great teams have excellent lines on both sides of the ball. That's where it starts. If you can give your quarterback enough protection to find the open guys, and can blow holes open for the running backs, you can control the game. I think the behemoths that we added in the draft will get this done. We have a good system to teach the OL. We were 2nd in the league in rushing with only a couple quality linemen.

Now that we have added the linemen and Wakins, and the new RB, I think our offense will flourish. I guess it all hinges on the Quarterback. He's smart, fast, and has a big arm. And he seems dedicated to improving his play.

The defense lost Byrd but got a lot tougher against the run when they moved Kiko to the outside, and signed Spikes. He is nasty. I believe that the other linebackers will also improve. If our DL can put pressure on the QB, that eases the loss of Jairus Byrd. He was really really good, but not irreplaceable.

The pundits think we are in for a crappy year, but I'll tell you what. I wouldn't want to play the Buffalo Bills this year. It will not be fun any more.

Edited by TC in St. Louis

I'm still waiting for the results on the field.....

I like the added depth and most starting positions, but I'm still skeptical of the coaching staff(Marrone/Hackett and now another change in scheme defensively) and the QB.

Show me the baby already....

EXACTLY!

I really like the direction this team has taken since they hired the Dougs. They have become more bold and decisive.

The only problem I have is they kept the special teams coach, and then blamed it on inadequate players.

Most great teams have excellent lines on both sides of the ball. That's where it starts. If you can give your quarterback enough protection to find the open guys, and can blow holes open for the running backs, you can control the game. I think the behemoths that we added in the draft will get this done. We have a good system to teach the OL. We were 2nd in the league in rushing with only a couple quality linemen.

Now that we have added the linemen and Watson, and the new RB, I think our offense will flourish. I guess it all hinges on the Quarterback. He's smart, fast, and has a big arm. And he seems dedicated to improving his play.

The defense lost Byrd but got a lot tougher against the run when they moved Kiko to the outside, and signed Spikes. He is nasty. I believe that the other linebackers will also improve. If our DL can get put pressure on the QB, that eases the loss of Jairus Byrd. He was really really good, but not irreplaceable.

The pundits think we are in for a crappy year, but I'll tell you what. I wouldn't want to play the Buffalo Bills this year. It will not be fun any more.

I'd have preferred Sherlock.

I like the added depth and most starting positions, but I'm still skeptical of the coaching staff(Marrone/Hackett and now another change in scheme defensively) and the QB.

Couldn't have said it much better! Don't leave out Crossman though.

Everybody thinks their team is better right now and of course they can't all be right.

But if the Bills did nothing but stay healthier they'd improve. Byrd was the biggest loss, but he missed a lot of time. The OL has gotten a lot more talent as did the LB core. Those were the biggest weaknesses last year. They also got the best playmaker in the draft.

I think a lot of the pundits are down on the Bills only because they were down on Manuel.

Sammy. Sammy Watkins. Sorry. Sorry about that.

I agree with you guys. Need to see it on the field. But I think we're trending well.

I got the Sherlock joke. I'm a dumbass who needs a lot of help, guys. Please help me.

Dude, we're Bills fans. We all need help.

Dude, we're Bills fans. We all need help.

Professional help, even.

To quote the philosophy of Bill and Ted...it is our density.

Isn't that a recycled George McFly joke?

I'd argue Nix was a major part of us changing for the better as an organization.

You know, I honestly liked Nix. It's just that the league did not take him seriously enough as a GM even though he was OK at the job. That meant that we had to scrape the bottom of the barrel for HC choices. As bottom-of-the-barrel goes, Gailey was not the worst, either. Give him a real QB and he might have made the playoffs.

DING! Hot Pockets!

:thumbsup:

Me too. As I see it, the Dougs so far have managed 6-10, the same as Coach Gailey did 2 years in a row and Coach Jauron/Coach Fewell were able to do tag team.

Hopefully this year will be better, but it is far from guaranteed.

I agree with this.

Although I have to give the Dougs credit for attempting to field the best talent they can get for the Bills.

I'd argue Nix was a major part of us changing for the better as an organization.

I won't deny that. Nix was a good addition for the Bills.

He was an OK GM, but he did have an eye for talent.

Nix was the first step in bringing talent to this team. The Doug's have continued to improve this team, but this year will be the test. I like how Marrone recognized his error and hired a QB coach, and an assistant head coach for the offense.

We should see the benefits from that additional staff.