Whaley and his articulation

I've noticed in many interviews Whaley tends to stutter when trying to get his words out. I've talked about this in the shout box and one other TBD'er thought the same thing. Does anyone know if he had a speech impetiment when he was younger and is still dealing with it now? Seems at times he misuses words too. Can't think of any specific examples at this time, but I've definetly noticed before.

This is not to bash Whaley. I love what he's done with the team and I think he's very intelligent. It's just at times he doesnt sound quite as intelligent due to a possible speech impetiment. Just curious to see if anyone else out there had noticed or could shed some light as to if he has had an impetiment or if its just jitters in front of the camera or what have you.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed in many interviews Whaley tends to stutter when trying to get his words out. I've talked about this in the shout box and one other TBD'er thought the same thing. Does anyone know if he had a speech impetiment when he was younger and is still dealing with it now? Seems at times he misuses words too. Can't think of any specific examples at this time, but I've definetly noticed before.

This is not to bash Whaley. I love what he's done with the team and I think he's very intelligent. It's just at times he doesnt sound quite as intelligent due to a possible speech impetiment. Just curious to see if anyone else out there had noticed or could shed some light as to if he has had an impetiment or if its just jitters in front of the camera or what have you.

Marv was a great speaker and a horrible GM. Who cares what Whaley sounds like, if he gets the job that is all that matters.

If you have not noticed not too many football players are Rhodes Scholars'.

I thought the "Who cares he's making good decisons" answer was going to be how most would react. Just pointing out an observation that I thought was interesting. Again, I said I think he's a very intelligent person, just does not articulate well. Thought more people might have noticed. Apparently, this should have been brought up a few weeks ago when we didn't have draft picks to talk about...lol

It's "impeDiment," and just because he might have one, it doesn't make him (sound) less intelligent.

I thought I had made it clear in my origional post that I believe he's very intelligent. Sorry if I hadn't. To an outside observer, the way he speaks may make them think otherwise if they were judging just on how he articulates.

Weird, I always thought the opposite, that he's articulate when he speaks.

I did not notice any impediment. I think he speaks very well. He comes across as very intelligent, sincere, and articulate.

Really? This is a bit surprising to me. I think he fumbles with his words a lot.

Maybe its just me...

Weird, I always thought the opposite, that he's articulate when he speaks.

Again, surprising to me

I ve only noticed it when he is happy and excited i get the same way.. I feel like he is so pumped some time he wants to either say everything on his mind or basically say we are going to kick ass this year and F the rest of them,

the rest of the time i feel he speaks very eloquently. again only when he is jacked up

Ham--look at your shout from 2:31 today and tell me if that doesn't have a written impediment all over it:

HamSandwhich : (13 May 2014 - 02:31 PM)No one else has notice he Whaley has a bit of a stutter sometimes when he talks?

Edited by 3rdnlng

Then why bring it up?

Well that explains it then! :lol:

I dont think I've ever said I didn't have an impediment :w00t:

Then why bring it up?

Lol, I guess its not okay to just wonder anymore. Sorry for asking guys. Just wanted to know if there was any history on Whaley. Maybe some kind of cool story about how he overcame adversity with a speech impediment to be where he is today! Never know!

I ve only noticed it when he is happy and excited i get the same way.. I feel like he is so pumped some time he wants to either say everything on his mind or basically say we are going to kick ass this year and F the rest of them,

the rest of the time i feel he speaks very eloquently. again only when he is jacked up

This is actually a good point. Maybe I've never heard him talk when he's not all jazzed up about something.

Edited by HamSandwhich

This year has been his first year on the big stage. I am sure that he is still a bit nervous when speaking to the media - especially the Buffalo media.

Although I do not necessarily agree with everything he has done, he seems intelligent and good at what he does.

This year has been his first year on the big stage. I am sure that he is still a bit nervous when speaking to the media - especially the Buffalo media.

Although I do not necessarily agree with everything he has done, he seems intelligent and good at what he does.

Yeah, good point, that was another thought I had. Can't be easy being in front of a camera in a football crazed town, being grilled for inside info. Again, I think he is a very intelligent person,