QB Blind Resumes

QB A - Last year in college: 259 for 382 (67.8%), 3,581 yards, 9.4 ypa, 25 tds, 9 ints, 163.4 rating, 87 rushes for 272 yards, 3.1 ypc, 6 tds. 83th ranked Strength of Schedule

Combine results: 6'5", 232 lbs., 9 3/8" hands, 4.93 40, 32.5" vertical.

QB B - Last year in college: 263 for 387 (68%), 3,392 yards, 8.8 ypa, 23 tds, 10 ints, 156 rating, 103 rushes for 310 yards, 3.0 ypc, 4 tds. 68th ranked SOS.

Combine results: 6'5", 237 lbs., 10 3/8" hands, 4.65 40, 34" vertical.

Hint, one was a reach and the other was thought to be a top pick all offseason. The draft is stupid at times. :)

Oh come on...the other is EJ

Haha. Was it that easy? But someone please explain it to me. EJ is the better athlete with bigger hands, and had basically the same stats against a tougher schedule. Yet, he's a reach and Mel Kiper gives the Jags an A for selecting Bortles #3 overall.

Haha. Was it that easy? But someone please explain it to me. EJ is the better athlete with bigger hands, and had basically the same stats against a tougher schedule. Yet, he's a reach and Mel Kiper gives the Jags an A for selecting Bortles #3 overall.

because Mel is a #@$%$$#@ !!!

Because the Bills fooled everyone and Geno was supposed to have 6 Mvps by now

Good stats for an ACC player on a very good team -which doesn't mean Jack in the NFL. Does the C in C.Biscuit stand for Crusader? In the Chandler#81 straw poll, 10% of Bills fans think EJ sucks and will be out of the League in 4 years. 10% of Bills fans think EJ will be Montana/Kelly-esque great (you). 30% of Bills fans think his ceiling will be an adequate QB, with flashes of greatness and dashes of stupidity and 50% just HOPE the Bills Brass is right in hitching their wagons to him, as the careers of very good players and the horrible playoff drought rest in the balance. BUT.. the 80% not in the first two groups, are concerned.

Good stats for an ACC player on a very good team -which doesn't mean Jack in the NFL. Does the C in C.Biscuit stand for Crusader? In the Chandler#81 straw poll, 10% of Bills fans think EJ sucks and will be out of the League in 4 years. 10% of Bills fans think EJ will be Montana/Kelly-esque great (you). 30% of Bills fans think his ceiling will be an adequate QB, with flashes of greatness and dashes of stupidity and 50% just HOPE the Bills Brass is right in hitching their wagons to him, as the careers of very good players and the horrible playoff drought rest in the balance. BUT.. the 80% not in the first two groups, are concerned.

Im the 1% that say....what you say???

QB A - Last year in college: 259 for 382 (67.8%), 3,581 yards, 9.4 ypa, 25 tds, 9 ints, 163.4 rating, 87 rushes for 272 yards, 3.1 ypc, 6 tds. 83th ranked Strength of Schedule

Combine results: 6'5", 232 lbs., 9 3/8" hands, 4.93 40, 32.5" vertical.

QB B - Last year in college: 263 for 387 (68%), 3,392 yards, 8.8 ypa, 23 tds, 10 ints, 156 rating, 103 rushes for 310 yards, 3.0 ypc, 4 tds. 68th ranked SOS.

Combine results: 6'5", 237 lbs., 10 3/8" hands, 4.65 40, 34" vertical.

Hint, one was a reach and the other was thought to be a top pick all offseason. The draft is stupid at times. :)

Well because.....

Actually that is a great comparison, plus it funny how one can be one thing and one can be viewed completely different.

You should send that to Mel himself and see what Mr. Hair thinks.

As little as I have been following this, I glanced @ articles saying Bortles WAS an extreme reach. @ #3, it is almost insane. @ least EJ was in @ 16. Thank God there is JAX around to take the heat off the Bills for looking stupid.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Or in other words the jury is still out for 80% and the other 20% don't know anything either but are jockeying for first "I told you do rights" if goes their way!

Kiper's knowledge is strong. His actual picks and grades are very biased. I just ignore him for picks and grades. But, appreciate is knowledge. He hates the Bills!

Well because.....

Actually that is a great comparison, plus it funny how one can be one thing and one can be viewed completely different.

You should send that to Mel himself and see what Mr. Hair thinks.

Would LOVE to see Mel explain this. One taken at #3 and the team gets an "A". The other is traded back gaining a 2nd round pick and the Bills are largely criticized for it. REALLY?!

To be fair, every talking head says that Bortles would need significant coaching including feet movements for a year before he should be pushed in as the starter. The Bills, to their credit, attempted to do that exactly with EJ, but the veteran QB Kolb never got to the season opener forcing EJ to be the starter. I am just going to mark EJ's play as growing pains and hope he has the whole off season to correct his flaws.