Can't believe LB Shane Skov is still available

kid is a real banger would like to see him here.

Totally agree.

Skov is slow of foot and did not run at combine or pro day. Very good in college, don't see him beyond a special teamer in the pros.

At this point in the draft that’s what teams are looking for; ST’s and developmental prospects. Skov can play football. I know

the measurables don’t favor him, but he is always around the rock and making plays.

This makes the Preston Brown pick even more annoying

If they drafted brown to start or play a significant amount I wouldn't have a problem with it but with the signing of Spikes who we all want to have a big year and if so get an extension why would you use a high third round pick on a backup insurance policy?

If they drafted brown to start or play a significant amount I wouldn't have a problem with it but with the signing of Spikes who we all want to have a big year and if so get an extension why would you use a high third round pick on a backup insurance policy?

We seem to be big on insurance policies--except at the most important position in sports.

Because he may be gone after one year. Also, ever hear of injuries?

Because he may be gone after one year. Also, ever hear of injuries?

No I've never heard of injuries but if you were following the thread and my point which was they could have got a backup much later.

And if they are all in for this year why are they drafting an insurance policy for next year to replace a player we all hope sticks around?

Were you able to follow things this time?

I dont understand people bitching about Brown....

We need linebackers and linebacker depth.....we drafted one.....stop please

The point was did they need to use a high third on LB depth

Pay attention please

Spikes is only signed for one year. No guarantee he stays after this season. Then what? And if Spikes re-signs great. Who is to say Brown can’t play SAM. Rivers is only signed for two years. And they still need depth. Whaley and Marrone also spoke of enhancing special teams. If he does that it’s a win win. Everybody doesn’t have to play right away to be valuable. Obviously they used the third because they believe he will help the team in the way they want him to and he was a value at that point on their board. Simple as that.

Edited by purple haze

Why does everyone keep saying he's only a backup to Spikes? Every single evaluation of him, every bit of coverage of the pick during the draft, and everything I have read on him says he can play MLB or OLB. If this kid brings the goods, he could rotate out on the OLB position as well...especially on more obvious running situations. Rivers is also injury prone. So I can see this kid rotating as a back up at all the LB positions.

He will have an opportunity to play, and we NEED more bangers who can stop the run. We force turnovers...we get sacks...we DONT stop the run. I like the pick.

Edited by Alphadawg7