Schefter: Eagles trade Bryce Brown to Bills

Punch

I don't really know anything about brown, but this seems awfully high for any RB. You can get productive free agents and guys off the street for nothing.

would rather have a NFL player than 'guys off the street' Edited by klos63

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson is good as gone. He gets traded quickly. Watch

Doubt it. Whaley comes from a Pittsburgh tradition that highly values vet leaders like Freddie that can mentor / pass on the culture to the underclassmen.

Edited by Lurker

To not address RB this off-season would have been negligent.

I. Agree. But when will they Address the LG. position? or are they happy overpaying for a horrible first round bust in FA.

The Oline still needs a lot of work maybe late pre season cuts but the guard positions are far from solid.

They were going to draft a RB this year--- trading a future draft pick for a 22 year old (he'll be 23 in 4 days) that has proven success against NFL defenses and was the #1 high school recruit at RB is more than worth it. They also retain 2014 picks, so that's a win even if he doesn't last.

You have to look at what's going at this point. I would much rather have Beyce Brown than Ka'Deem Carey or certainly Andre Williams. Those are the kind of guys at that point.

Brown was no different than those guys when he was drafted in the 7th round. With RBs, it seems like it's pretty easy to find diamonds in the rough.

But even putting aside that, guys like Moreno and Blount were floating around in free agency for peanuts.

Seems strange to give up a potential 3rd rounder for a guy.

Brown was no different than those guys when he was drafted in the 7th round. With RBs, it seems like it's pretty easy to find diamonds in the rough.

But even putting aside that, guys like Moreno and Blount were floating around in free agency for peanuts.

Talent-wise Brown was far superior to his draft position. His issues have all been off-field (attitude). If the Bills can get his head screwed on right, he's a huge asset. If not, oh well. To me any Day 3 pick is a crap shoot to even make the team, much less be a starter so the downside is pretty low.

I. Agree. But when will they Address the LG. position? or are they happy overpaying for a horrible first round bust in FA.

The Oline still needs a lot of work maybe late pre season cuts but the guard positions are far from solid.

Lol...watch more football and get back to us...stop reading what other people say who just write after they read what other people say. He will be fine..not great but at least average and between Glenn and Woods, two studs, that's all you need to be.

Moreno signed for over $3mm for this year, Blount about $4MM for 2 years, hardly peanuts. And maybe they wouldn't want to play here with Spiller and Jackson ahead of them. Why is it strange to trade a 3rd rounder for a RB, would you have a problem drafting a RB with a 3rd? In limited playing time, Brown has shown he can play in the NFL, that's more than anyone drafted today can say.

Fantasy football players know who this guy is. I like it. Apparently Bills showed interest last year. Philly didn't want to give him up since he was McCoy insurance but they added Sproles now.

This. He is not made for Philly's offense. He is, however, built for ours.

You draft tackles and move them inside. If Kouandjio plays at RT then they can move a tackle inside if they want as well.

Talent-wise Brown was far superior to his draft position. His issues have all been off-field (attitude). If the Bills can get his head screwed on right, he's a huge asset. If not, oh well. To me any Day 3 pick is a crap shoot to even make the team, much less be a starter so the downside is pretty low.

I agree that in the end, the downside is low. Just irks me as a matter of principle to give up anything for the RB position.

My personal belief is:

1) never waste a 1st round pick on a RB

2) never re-sign or sign a top-tier FA RB

3) never trade anything for a RB

There are exceptions, but generally it's pretty unwise to do any of the foregoing.