Schefter: Eagles trade Bryce Brown to Bills

Punch

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching his highlight package, one thing stands out, he has good vision in between the tackles. He's constantly making cuts back towards the middle of the field, instead of pushing outside. He seems to be sneaky in breaking tackles. Just the sort of guy we need.

I don't really know anything about brown, but this seems awfully high for any RB. You can get productive free agents and guys off the street for nothing.

You have to look at what's going at this point. I would much rather have Beyce Brown than Ka'Deem Carey or certainly Andre Williams. Those are the kind of guys at that point.

Teams don't give up a 4th round pick for a 3rd sting RB. Hell, teams look for starters in the 2nd - 4th rounds these days. This is a curious move. It's almost like they're preparing for life after FJ and CJ. Anybody know his contract situation?

How crazy to prepare for them before they are gone. Should wait until they are!

Considering Fred's age and CJ's contract...he could be a starter soon. Considering both were injured last season...he could be a starter soon.

My confusion is what pick did we actually trade for him? It says a 4th rounder, but we traded our 4th rounder for Watkins, then got back a conditional 4th or 3rd rounder for Stevie. So is it the pick we just got back from Stevie?

I don't really know anything about brown, but this seems awfully high for any RB. You can get productive free agents and guys off the street for nothing.

He's averaged 4.6 ypc in his first two years in the league, which would put him above a street FA, IMO.

I think its a good move as he's a guy who could be Jackson's successor and a good complement to Spiller if he resigns.

I love this move. Bryce Brown has the talent to be a stud. To get someone with that potential for a conditional 4th/3rd is awesome.

Yeah. He's a boom or bust guy. If he cannot stop the fumbling issue you don't want him. He was a malcontent as a teenager. I'm sure we did a lot of study and background on him, apparently we tried to trade for him last year. But a next year's fourth rounder for that potential, when you're lucky if your 4th rounder is even on the team in a couple years (which since it's next year would be three years from now), it's a good calculated risk.

Are we gonna get rid of all our pix next yr?.

Management wants to win this year to impress new owner so they keep their jobs. They can't afford to plan long term. All their chips are in on EJ this year.

CJ will want too much money compared to what he contributes. Let him go, resign Fred, have Brown, and pick up another RB next year.