Josh Gordon supended for 1 year

JPS

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here's hoping he's not there when we play the browns

Oh, he'll be back. Has there ever been anything like this that worked out in our favor? The Browns bye week is week 4 so if he gets right in between 8 and 16, that puts him at week 13. the week we play them. Of course. Edited by YoloinOhio

It's funny all the people who hated the Lynch trade. This very easily could have happened to the Bills. And Gordon was a much better player than Lynch before his trade. It's probably why the Browns were still trying to deal him last year. I've enjoyed some green in my time (and it should be legal) but not to cost me millions of dollars. Stupid.

It's funny all the people who hated the Lynch trade. This very easily could have happened to the Bills. And Gordon was a much better player than Lynch before his trade. It's probably why the Browns were still trying to deal him last year. I've enjoyed some green in my time (and it should be legal) but not to cost me millions of dollars. Stupid.

Gordon is known for being a turd off the field. It goes beyond the weed/suspensions. He and JFF should be a trip together at the bars.

Gordon is known for being a turd off the field. It goes beyond the weed/suspensions. He and JFF should be a trip together at the bars.

I work with kids (scary I know) and I tell them all the time it takes more than talent to make it. Million dollar talent, 10 cent head.

Josh Gordon is Megatron like. The NFL just lost one of the most dynamic players in the league. Talk about biting off your nose to spite your face

I dont understand your point here...are you saying they should not suspend him bc he is one of the most dynamic players in the league?

the suspensions are not done on a case by case basis, there are clear rules in place for first, second, and third time offenders

I dont understand your point here...are you saying they should not suspend him bc he is one of the most dynamic players in the league?

the suspensions are not done on a case by case basis, there are clear rules in place for first, second, and third time offenders

I think he's referring to the fact that the NFL loses its star players to suspensions for a drug that isn't very harmful and isn't performance enhancing. There is no benefit to the owners to not have these guys on the field, so they are essentially shooting themselves in the foot by having the rule. The NBA found that lesson out a long time ago.

Lynch got nailed for a DUI in July of 2012. Two years after joining the Seahawks. When it gets adjudicated, expect him to miss the whole season.

When you already have been suspended for 3 games, the next strike tends to be more serious.

But...alcohol is not a banned substance in the NFL! ANd they don't test for it!

Anyway, yeah, should be more severe, but a whole season? "Where is the precedent"?

But...alcohol is not a banned substance in the NFL! ANd they don't test for it!

I'm assuming Goodell believes that alcohol played a part in his first incident.

Anyway, yeah, should be more severe, but a whole season? "Where is the precedent"?

Okay, maybe not a whole season. But at least half.

Oh? Why on earth would he assume that??!! There's no evidence! He can't just "make things up", can he?

But the Commish is going to go easy on Dareus.....

in theory his only drug offense was the gun/weed arrest. IF (big IF) that is true, this is second strike in the drug program and 4 games. DUIs are league negotiated and arent judgement calls

Oh? Why on earth would he assume that??!! There's no evidence! He can't just "make things up", can he?

But the Commish is going to go easy on Dareus.....

Sir Roger can assume what he wants. Again the suspension after the gun arrest was likely because the hit-and-run was the first strike and again the assumption that since he had just left the bar scene, alcohol was involved. And is involved again.

And yes, he'll go easy on Dareus because it's his first offense, was caught with Spice which isn't banned, and will in all likelihood get a misdemeanor for it. Not really much of a case for suspension.

in theory his only drug offense was the gun/weed arrest. IF (big IF) that is true, this is second strike in the drug program and 4 games. DUIs are league negotiated and arent judgement calls

He wasn't charged for the weed, just the gun. And he got 3 games for that. I can see this next one being much higher.

Sir Roger can assume what he wants. Again the suspension after the gun arrest was likely because the hit-and-run was the first strike and again the assumption that since he had just left the bar scene, alcohol was involved. And is involved again.

And yes, he'll go easy on Dareus because it's his first offense, was caught with Spice which isn't banned, and will in all likelihood get a misdemeanor for it. Not really much of a case for suspension.

He wasn't charged for the weed, just the gun. And he got 3 games for that. I can see this next one being much higher.

You argued vigorously and repeatedly and ridiculously against the bolded when it was pointed out to you a few years ago. As always, you do come around.

As for Dareus, he was in possession of a class 1 felony substance. I'm sure the prosecutor will argue that he was getting high on this substance to avoid a positive league drug test. I'm not sure what mitigating circumstances the Dareus law team will point to except "hey, it's his first offense!".

Anyway, Goodell can just as likely assume Dareus was under the influence of synthetic weed also at the time of his arrest or shortly before. Alcohol isn't banned either.

Edited by Mr. WEO