Josh Gordon supended for 1 year

JPS

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports vary from a (possible) reduced suspension of 4-6 games to actually getting kicked out of the league for a full year... at which point he can apply for reentry.

Apparently, the Browns knew for 2 weeks but did not inform the coaching staff until 90 minutes ago.

Apparently, the Browns knew for 2 weeks but did not inform the coaching staff until 90 minutes ago.

If that is true, which is somewhat hard to believe, that just lends a lot more credence to the clusterfukk front office problems. Pettine is probably almost as pissed he wasn't told as about losing Gordon.

If that is true, which is somewhat hard to believe, that just lends a lot more credence to the clusterfukk front office problems. Pettine is probably almost as pissed he wasn't told as about losing Gordon.

It certainly sounds crazy, but it's coming from Mary Kay Cabot. After hearing about how great the Browns did yesterday, I admit to succumbing to a little schadenfreude:

Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot 13m

per @mortreport, coaches found out Gordon facing suspension 90 mins ago. Source tells me some folks in #Browns org have known for 2 weeks.

Wow, holy crap.

Honestly, I get a chuckle out of this because Schadenfreude is the way of the NFL, but it is dumb that players are suspended for this but can be overprescribed highly addictive legal prescription opiates by team doctors.

that is the strangest thing....they HAD to know it was coming down the pike....

They knew about this failed drug test and opted not to upgrade their WR corps. Can't say I feel sorry for them. Who Johnny going to throw the ball to?

It certainly sounds crazy, but it's coming from Mary Kay Cabot. After hearing about how great the Browns did yesterday, I admit to succumbing to a little schadenfreude:

Mary Kay Cabot@MaryKayCabot 13m

per @mortreport, coaches found out Gordon facing suspension 90 mins ago. Source tells me some folks in #Browns org have known for 2 weeks.

LOL! That would be just like the Browns. Coaches don't know until 90 minutes ago, when it's too late to go back and take Watkins, while others in the organization knew well in advance.

LOL! That would be just like the Browns. Coaches don't know until 90 minutes ago, when it's too late to go back and take Watkins, while others in the organization knew well in advance.

Well Ray Farmer is the GM who makes the picks. He's not a coach. I assume he knew.

Two separate issues here.

The NFL has a real problem (not enough to harm them apparently) when guys can beat up their wives or girlfriends and face a lesser penalty than if they used a recreational drug.

The Browns are a clown organization.

Well Ray Farmer is the GM who makes the picks. He's not a coach. I assume he knew.

I'm assuming that "coaches" includes Pettine, and if so, I can't believe he's happy just finding out about it.

I'm assuming that "coaches" includes Pettine, and if so, I can't believe he's happy just finding out about it.

Oh right, and I said that earlier. He must be fuming. Maybe there is something the Browns know though. You would think they would almost have to take a WR in their pick in the 2nd, especially with a couple good ones on the board. But they took an OT (although it's possible that Farmer thought the other position of need had a much better prospect than their top WR left).

Apparently he didn't know until two hours ago.

Touché- just caught that half.

Unreal. You'd think that they'd atleast discuss Stevie given the situation. I'd say poor pettine but he knew what he was getting into both with Gordon AND the front office.

Touché- just caught that half.

Unreal. You'd think that they'd atleast discuss Stevie given the situation. I'd say poor pettine but he knew what he was getting into both with Gordon AND the front office.

Yep.

Too funny. The Browns looked like geniuses just after the Bills trade (although I loved the Bills move). Then they looked like morons just getting the CB at #8 when they traded up. Then they looked like geniuses again when Johnny Field Goal was still on the board at 22. And now they will look like morons again after this.

The NFL has a real problem (not enough to harm them apparently) when guys can beat up their wives or girlfriends and face a lesser penalty than if they used a recreational drug.

Not really. Drugs are seen as a vice of the young and the underclass. Wife beating happens across all ages, races, income levels, etc. There's much more casual acceptance of the latter than the former.