Stevie Johnson Trade Value

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be happy to get a 3rd rounder and be rid of him.

Well, that's not a very good idea. So because you are emotionally upset at Stevie for something (didn't come to your sleepover?), you want to 'just get rid of him'. That doesn't make any sense. you don't toss away talented players because of ???

Edited by jeremy2020

Well, that's not a very good idea. So because you are emotionally upset at Stevie for something (didn't come to your sleepover?), you want to 'just get rid of him'. That doesn't make any sense. you don't toss away talented players because of ???

Why do you assume I am emotionally upset at Stevie? Seems like a strange assumption.

He's not that good and isn't a good fit for this team moving forward. The writing is on the wall. It's better to get a 4th than nothing for him.

Not being facetious. I don't think he nets higher than a 6th round pick- maybe not even that high. Who gives up a draft pick for a WR that wasn't very good last year, has only one year left on a big contract, may or may not have attitude issues(for the record I don't think he does), and his best years are long gone....

Combination of his personality, high cap number, and last year's slump, I would be surprised if we got more than a 5th for him.

^this

Still worth it though, this team needs an infusion of youth and focus.

I disagree. Whatever 5-6th rounder is likely to be camp fodder. I'd rather have a decent #2 WR like SJ

With all the high draft choices on the roster, wouldn't be surprised at all if they do try and trade him. Unless he is starting, who do you cut to keep him? Bottom receiver or 2 have to be able to play special teams. That mans Goodwin and Graham cant hold that spot. With Woods, Williams and now Watkins who do you cut if don't trade Johnson?

Why do you assume I am emotionally upset at Stevie? Seems like a strange assumption.

He's not that good and isn't a good fit for this team moving forward. The writing is on the wall. It's better to get a 4th than nothing for him.

Just because that's your opinion doesn't make it true. Three out of the last four years he's ranked 11th, 19th, and 18th in yards. But yeah, a top 20 WR isn't very good. Don't let facts get in your way of getting rid of him.

I'd rather keep Stevie now, and let him compete vs Mike Williams for his spot on the Bills. He'd be playing for NFL career money at that point. His value is potentially at its highest now, but if he is relegated to a 2nd, or 3rd receiver, then he will have to step up his production to get a legitimate contract in the future. I'm stoked with this pick, but we have to gauge Stevie's feelings on it and being in Buffalo before we simply ship him away

With all the high draft choices on the roster, wouldn't be surprised at all if they do try and trade him. Unless he is starting, who do you cut to keep him? Bottom receiver or 2 have to be able to play special teams. That mans Goodwin and Graham cant hold that spot. With Woods, Williams and now Watkins who do you cut if don't trade Johnson?

The depth chart would be (with the top having lots of varying packages) -- Johnson, Williams, Watkins, woods and then Goodwin in spot duty and special teams with Easley, tj and the rest fighting for the last spot- edge to Easley as a special teams ace since we are pretty stocked 5 deep with WR talent

Not being facetious. I don't think he nets higher than a 6th round pick- maybe not even that high. Who gives up a draft pick for a WR that wasn't very good last year, has only one year left on a big contract, may or may not have attitude issues(for the record I don't think he does), and his best years are long gone....

He's 27 how in the world do you come up with "his best years are long gone"? Did you see our QB's last year? Yes his numbers dropped off and he was often injured only playing 12 games, but that statement is beyond absurd.

How does he have one year left on a 5 year contract signed in 2012?

Edited by Triple Threat

Other then a few things... like

He's clearly on the way out

I really cannot take this seriously.

He is too young, too talented and affordable as can be. His trade value is not worth more then his value to our team.

Get out of the clouds. Mike Williams is hardly more then 50/50 to finish the season, and less to be on the roster in 2015. Graham, Goodwin, and Robert Woods are not much of anything to hold water in. And I really don't need to mention anyone else, because as far as I am concerned there is no one else for WR. And, I mean no disrespect to Easley. I want him on this teams as a special teamer.