Stevie Johnson Trade Value

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, don't see the trade as a good move. there's too many question marks to be dumping the only wr who seems to do well again revis. besides don't really see getting any value for him. 6th round at best and that is not what he's worth.

DO NOT TRADE GOOD PLAYERS!!! WE NEED MORE, NOT LESS. Plus, anyone recall the CB the pats just got? Stevie has an ability of beating that guy.

With SJ on the roster, we should literally have a WR open every passing play.

The Bills currently have 13 WR's on the roster, I say just dump TJ Graham.

I'd rather dump Hogan. Graham is an underperformer, but could be used in some packages as a speed guy. Him, Watkins and Goodwin on the field at the same time. Someone is open. And Williams and/or SJ.

Package Stevie and CJ for a first next year! Ha

Seriously, Stevie is a nice player. He is not a true number one for a few reasons-

Pedestrian speed and not clutch.

His contract is not crazy, nor will Watkins. Why cut or trade Stevie right now? Use him this season. Get rid of the fringe WR's- Hogan and Graham.

I'm not trading SJ until we see what him and Williams do in the preseason, or maybe even the regular season.

We have good players at WR, we are under the cap, I think we work with what we have, figure out what our best combo is, and go from there.

I disagree. Woods and Goodwin got open consistently last year and both have soft hands and quickness. Come out of breaks fast, run good routes, developed some chem with EJ and are good character guys. Stevie is very good but he has always seemed to be hurt down the stretch when we need him the most. I'm afraid he doesn't have the body or training regimen to be there for us.

I hope I'm wrong. Maybe Watkins takes some heat off Stevie and he can be a role player.

Either way we need a freakin left guard and right tackle or none of this matters because we can't have the same crappy protection we had last year.

by that argument you have to include that Graham got open all the time, too. All these open WRs mean nothing because we didn't have a QB able to connect.

SJ13 on the other hand got himself open and fought thru traffic to make himself open when covered.

Goodwin has not shown ability to beat defenders for the catch - limited reps obviously, but still. Woods seems to disappear when covered. And Graham has issues with route running and awareness to the ball.

From what I have watched of Mike Williams he seems to float out of effective range and in to deep coverage. I'm not sure Manuel will be able to find him.

Watkins is going to be a dump off WR it looks like, and 3rd on the field.

I know from some quarters of the Bills faithful that frequent this site, believe that Stevie has much more trade value than he actually he does. We'd be lucky to get a 5th rounder for him. Don't get me wrong, I believe Stevie has been a fine member of this team, great cheerful attitude, all about Buffalo etc. But in my view, it is clear that the Bills brass don't see them as part of their future. And now that we have signed the kid from Tampa and with drafting two wide receivers last year and now Sammy the Stud Watkins, it simply doesn't make sense to keep Stevie long-term. At the end of the day, if the Bills see very little interest for Stevie, they'll trade him for next to nothing so they can unload that contract. If not, they will probably keep him rather than cut him to put out the best team possible.

Edited by Magox

Stevie is gone whether you like him or love him. It is hard not to be a fan of Stevie. We will not get anything in return. TJ is gone too.

This.

My hard truth assumption, for what it’s worth: Stevie Johnson will not be on this team by the time camp opens, even if it means he gets cut.

Watkins, Woods, Williams and Goodwin need all the reps they can get in an effort to develop a rapport with EJ in the offense. The reps are just too valuable to expend on SJ13. He has been a good solider and great story as a 7th rounder who is now well paid. But let’s be honest: he is basically a possession receiver, he is injury prone, he is not exactly Mr. “Clutch”, and he has potential locker-room-cancer written all over him.

SJ13 may have a modicum of trade value, but not much. Every team knows the Bills can’t really justify keeping him, and will likely have to just take the cap hit. Their cards are now on the table.

And looking back, with all due respect to his mother’s passing, it seemed kind of strange how he was away from the team for so long and ended up missing 2 games over her funeral. Most guys are fighting to get back on the field because that’s what their parents would have wanted.

Anyway, you just don’t bring in Mike Williams and draft Sammy Watkins if Stevie is still part of your future at the position. These moves also do not bode well for TJ Graham, but I’d say he will probably be here to compete for a job in camp.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

I dunno, we have a lot of receivers - starting caliber receivers - and only one ball. Love Stevie but who sits? We're not going to stunt Woods' growth. Williams is a wild card but could be the clear winner for the other outside guy with Woods in the slot. So for that cost does Stevie sit? Tough call. I like to see Stevie stay on the team but he's not the current FO's guy and has a decent cap hit. Stand by.

Stevie is a true slot WR. He is will excel in that position. I see plenty of 1 back (Fred), 3 WRs (Johnson, Woods, and Watkins) and a TE (Chandler) sets. Not bad at all. Keep Stevie.

Well slap me silly. He got traded to the 49ers. Darn it.

Edited by Nitro