Go on record. Who do you want?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If we get the 4th best Tackle (who actually might end up playing Guard) at 9 then I'm going to cry

I think who we get depends on who is left. I'm guessing the draft board reads something like

Tier 1

1. Clowney

2. Watkins

3. Robinson

4. Mack

Tier 2

5. Matthews

6. Evans

7. Lewan

8. Ebron

So we will either need to trade up or have at least one of the teams take a QB

Trade back for another 2nd and select...

1 Zach Martin

2a Troy Niklas

2b Scott Chrichton (if he lasts) or Kareem Martin

3 Bashaud Breeland

4 Best RB on Board

5 Best LB on Board

7 BPA/Upside guy

Trade down, get an OT, WR/TE and LB in the first two rounds, and pick up Branden Oliver from UB in the lower rounds.

Trade down, take Martin, then Jordan Mathews and TE in second. LB in the third.

Edited by chris heff

Not a Tackle.

I want Clowney- He is as close to a sure thing as there is in this class. Future Hall of Famer potential all over him. I do not want to give up picks, so this is a dream.

I will take Evans or Ebron on Offense.

On D give me a stud LB to go with Kiko for years to come. Safety/CB is the wild card, still may happen.

Clowney looks like fools gold. I wonder if he is the type that can ignore the pain and play hard. Or does he let game pain ruin his day (like CJ)

First round: Zack Martin (unless Mack is still there offcourse but heh not gonna happen is it)

Second round: Troy Niklas

Third round: Andre Williams

Edited by bladiebla

Stay at #9. Take Ebron.

Yes I'm real good with that. At #9 you need a playmaker someone who the other team has to plan for. I like an OL too, but only in the second round and we have a history of good 2nd round OL picks

So hard to say with so many variables. My perfect (somewhat realistic) scenario would be:

Trade back from 9 to mid first round. Pick up an extra second and maybe 4th. In mid first, take BPA. Hopefully a guy like Lewan, Martin, Ebron, or maybe OBJ. In second target a TE and a LB.

http://www.vox.com/2014/5/7/5683448/how-nfl-teams-ignore-basic-economics-and-draft-players-irrationally

Trade down!!!

Not that the article should be taken as gospel, but it does raise a lot of good points. I would be really happy to see the Bills trade down to 14 or 15 and grab an extra 2nd round pick, like last year.

And maybe even still have a shot at Ebron

There's a lot of players I'd be happy with. Hard to pick one when there's no way of knowing how the first 8 picks will fall. Obviously, Mack, Watkins or Evans would be awesome, but I doubt they are there. Of the guys with a chance of still being on the board, I like Matthews, Donald and Ebron in that order. If for some reason Manziel slipped to 9, I'd grab him.

Clowney looks like fools gold. I wonder if he is the type that can ignore the pain and play hard. Or does he let game pain ruin his day (like CJ)

In fairness to CJ, it'd be different if he hurt his shoulder or something but a high ankle sprain - especially for a guy who relies on speed and quickness as much as he does - is a difficult injury to overcome, don'tcha think?

Edited by Campy

If they stay at 9 and they are available, (in this order) - Matthews, Ebron, Evans, Mosely, Shazier...if they trade up - Mack, Clowney, Watkins...if they trade down - Mosely, Shazier, Beckham, Martin, Pryor, Su'a-Filo

In fairness to CJ, it'd be different if he hurt his shoulder or something but a high ankle sprain - especially for a guy who relies on speed and quickness as much as he does - is a difficult injury to overcome, don'tcha think?

CJ and his relationship with his sore leg is legendary. Hell look at it, talk to it, and then wave to the sidelines for Fred. I like CJ and I'm rooting for the guy to be the man-- but he's got to forget about it and RUN!