Mike Mayock Mock Draft

I think he means since this draft was supposed to be a QB heavy draft especially at the top

This draft was NEVER a QB heavy draft, especially at the top. Flawed prospects, every one of them. I keep hoping beyond hope that a couple will be picked and push better players to us at 9, but it's looking more and more like the QB-needy teams are looking to trade down to get extra picks because they know they can get these interchangeable QBs later on.

GO BILLS!!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just one guy's opinion. I do like the versatility but man a RT at 9 is so disappointing. I get it I guess but what a terrible draft party haha.

Disappointing until we can run the ball really well and our QB has tons more time.

The Browns taking a RT at 4 trumps the Bills taking one at 9. I get the idea of Matthews at 9. Martin would be such a disappointing pick.

Why? He's the most versatile lineman (a position of need) out of the Top 4 at that position, and the media is finally realizing that he's been high on actual draft boards - you know, the ones that count. If Mayock gets the first 8 picks right (not likely), who would you rather take out of the guys left on the board?

Why? He's the most versatile lineman (a position of need) out of the Top 4 at that position, and the media is finally realizing that he's been high on actual draft boards - you know, the ones that count. If Mayock gets the first 8 picks right (not likely), who would you rather take out of the guys left on the board?

I think Ebron would be the most likely out of the guys available. I wouldn't pass on Manziel at 9 but that's now how I think the Bills will be going. I wouldn't take any offensive lineman in the 1st rd, ever. That debate has been beaten to death on this board. If the Bills go OT I think Matthews is the best OT in the draft. Trading down is the easiest thing to say to do but the hardest thing to accomplish. If the top 8 played out like that i'd trade down at a discount rate.

Second mock draft that I see Martin going before Lewan. The other is the one from PFT and he is going to the Falcons, we take Evans.

The issue with Lewan is his lack of versatility.A team like ATL who needs a LT would snatch him up but a team like the Bills who has a LT would not. He doesn't project to other areas of the line which limits which teams would take him.I also see this versatility as why a LB like Mack will go so high as he can play any LB position in any scheme, while a guy like Shazier who is very productive and explosive in his own right will go later, as he projects only to a WLB in 4-3 and not a Sam or MLB for example.

Would he make our team better? Yes. Would he probably be around for 10 years? Yes (hopefully). I know we all want to make a "splash", but this pick would make our team better.

I agree being able to play all 5 positions well is a big plus. So if something, god forbid, happened to Woods it wouldn't be nearly as bad.

Says who?

Anyway...T's don't "standout", so taking the 4th best at the position is surrendering the pick. He may be versatile, but you don't draft other O-linemen's injury replacement at number 9.

Edited by Mr. WEO

There has to be a way for Mathews to be there at 9 because although I don't dislike Martin I hv a big problem taking him at 9 and if it happens I won't even watch the rest of the draft

Drafting Martin would clearly be the Bills drafting for need

Couldn't agree more. At 9 taking the 4th best at that position doesnt make sense. Donald siting there is BPA and Dareus getting arrest, this may be a need.

This draft was NEVER a QB heavy draft, especially at the top. Flawed prospects, every one of them. I keep hoping beyond hope that a couple will be picked and push better players to us at 9, but it's looking more and more like the QB-needy teams are looking to trade down to get extra picks because they know they can get these interchangeable QBs later on.

GO BILLS!!!

Yes it absolutely was and was even talked about at this time last year and didn't change until the combine and private workouts. Bridgewater was the presumed top pick and now prob won't even be picked until the second round.

Where have you been? There was even a lot of talk that the Bills should wait until this year to take a QB

So his best attribute as a lineman is that he is versatile? That's like saying a WR is a good punt returner

If I'm drafting a tackle in the top ten I want him to be a stud tackle not a versatile lineman that can play all 5 positions like a utility infielder. That's the kind of player you try and get in the middle rounds not the top ten

Whaley has been quoted numerous times about the elite players at the top of this draft. Is Martin an elite player or even close to it? I'd rather get a playmaker like Ebron then take a versatile lineman

Edited by Max997

They're not taking Martin, IMHO. Whaley seems like more of an outside the box thinker and risk taker. Martin would be an ultra-conservative choice. I think Whaley is more likely to trade up or down than take Martin at 9.

They're not taking Martin, IMHO. Whaley seems like more of an outside the box thinker and risk taker. Martin would be an ultra-conservative choice. I think Whaley is more likely to trade up or down than take Martin at 9.

I am always for trading down

If the QBs fall, trade back a few and still get Martin, get WR and TE or LB in second. Somebody is going to want one of those QBs.

That would be IMO better than staying at 9 (could also pick a WR if they were to drop down some). It's possible that someone gets an itchy trigger finger and wants to grab their guy.

It all hinges on the QBs. If they sit, the Bills hurt.

The way Mayock has things playing out I'm happy with Martin. (I'd prefer a play maker, but am not sold on Ebron) They can go WR or TE in round 2.

So Ebron isn't your #1 TE. Who is? Just curious.