Buffalo Bills schedule released...

SBUffalo

On any given Sunday-- as the saying goes. We have to prove we can win to have the respect you all want. Until we do that all the comments mean nothing. All these comments say this team and that team are better than us. Lose a QB and see how good they are. It's a long season and a long way off. Can't wait.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not enough time to read all 12 pages so if this was already asked my bad (yes even sarcastically)

What is the NFL trying to achieve having the Bills play the Putrids in week 17 ???? 2014, 2013, 2011

Are they attempting to help the Bills with the hopes that Putz are resting people or trying to make it harder for the Bills to win out in December?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

not enough time to read all 12 pages so if this was already asked my bad (yes even sarcastically)

What is the NFL trying to achieve having the Bills play the Putrids in week 17 ???? 2014, 2013, 2011

Are they attempting to help the Bills with the hopes that Putz are resting people or trying to make it harder for the Bills to win out in December?

Maybe we ought to step up and hammer them in week 17 instead of whining about playing them. The NFL is giving us a chance for a big win heading into the playoffs.

I don't believe it's any advantage at all. Miami and warm weather/dome teams have no trouble playing in cold. Please cite the last Bills win that is directly related to bad winter weather? Remember that white-out game in Cleveland? How did the Bills do there playing in the snow they are so suited for?

As for the fans, they'd rather watch games on TV than sit in a cold stadium, playoff contenders or not.

PTR

Bad teams will lose in any weather, but match a good Bills team against an equally good southern team and being use to the cold and wind will be an advantage. And last time I checked Cleveland was another cold weather team, like Green Bay.

You may sit home in a Snuggie late in the season, but give fans a game that counts and they will show up.

I don't believe it's any advantage at all. Miami and warm weather/dome teams have no trouble playing in cold. Please cite the last Bills win that is directly related to bad winter weather? Remember that white-out game in Cleveland? How did the Bills do there playing in the snow they are so suited for?

As for the fans, they'd rather watch games on TV than sit in a cold stadium, playoff contenders or not.

PTR

The last Bills game I can remember (not saying much, admittedly) where the Buffalo weather played a big factor was 2004... I think. Or was it 2003...Bills ran all rough-shod over the Browns in the snow. McGahee had a big game, and Drew hooked up on a couple of big td passes.

Edited by Buftex

The last Bills game I can remember (not saying much, admittedly) where the Buffalo weather played a big factor was 2004... I think. Or was it 2003...Bills ran all rough-shod over the Browns in the snow. McGahee had a big game, and Drew hooked up on a couple of big td passes.

Yep. It was actually pretty close as Ricky Williams ran WILD that game. The snow started falling early in the 4th quarter and Jimbo was seen on the sidelines theatrically waving in a big storm. The crowd went wild!

Where the heck is the Senator?

Just returned from the future. Bills went 9-7 in reg Season.

Week 1: Chicago: WIN!!!

Week 2: MIAMI: WIN!!!

Week 3: San Diego: WIN!!!

Week 4: Houston: WIN!!!

Week 5: Lions: WIN!!!

Week 6: Patriots: WIN!!!

Week 7: Vikings: WIN!!!

Week 8: Jets: WIN!!!

Week 9: WIN!!!

Week 10: KC: WIN!!!

Week 11: Miami: WIN!!!

Week 12: Jets: WIN!!!

Week 13: Cleveland: WIN!!!

Week 14: Broncos: WIN!!!

Week 15: Green Bay: WIN!!!

Week 16: Raiders: WIN!!!

Week 17: NE: WIN!!!

19-0 baby!

beat me to it, go bills!

The fantasy football people I know have their tablet/laptop next to them while they watch a game. The get their fantasy info online in one concise place and watch whatever game they are interested in. The networks are catering to games that give them the best ratings. Best teams/games equals best ratings. Simple. When the Bills and other AFC teams stop sucking you will see them in prime time as well. As with everything else in the NFL, show me the money baby.

The NFL puts what sells in Prime Time. Face it, ratings speak a lot louder than some disappointed fans on a message board.

Exactly, this is such a useless discussion. We are now analyzing the percentages of AFC / NFC matchups on primetime. Seriously. I wish my life so free of obilgations that I can worry about things like this. I'm looking forward to the season, I really won't give the schedule a second thought except- who do we play next week?

It's not really very interesting. Better matchups, more high profile teams for better ratings. It's just like Yankees / Red Sox always on ESPN - it's what the majority of viewers want to watch - viewers = $$$$. It's really quite simple.

I don't see how comparing the number of times the NFC as opposed to the AFC is featured in primetime is meaningless or a waste of time.

There are shows, pod casts, radio programs, articles, and message board posts that analyze the NFL schedule from the perspective of "the common Bills fan": is our schedule front loaded? back loaded? warm teams playing here too early? cold teams playing here too late? how many wins? when do we need 9 wins by? how much rest do our opponents have? how much rest do we have? when's the bye week? and on and on and on. But the key thing about those questions: they don't affect whether or not our eyes will be on the screen watching the games (and more importantly, from the NFL's perspective: the commercials).

But who's playing in primetime is an important question, and it let's me shape my plans for viewership 5-6 months out.

For the first time since the AFL-NFL merger, there won't be an AFC team playing on Thanksgiving. Also, on a somewhat related note, for the first time in my life, I won't be watching a football game on Thanksgiving.

How about opening night? Seahawks/Packers? How does that impact the Bills at all? It doesn't, so I won't be watching. I'll be getting 8 hours of sleep ahead of my work day on friday.

Let's dig deeper:

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/01/15/buffalo-no-11-in-nfl-tv-ratings.html

8 of the top 11 rated teams (in terms of tv viewership) are American Football Conference teams... including the Buffalo Bills!

If the NFL schedule makers truly followed TV ratings, you would think they would look at the list of teams and their comparative television viewership statistics. Shouldn't the primetime split be 60/40 in favor of the AFC, as opposed to the NFC?

It's not a conspiracy against the Bills, or anything conscious that the schedule makers did. It's just that idiot Goodell giving his stamp of approval to a clearly flawed slate of games that swings way too heavily in favor of one conference (which, coincidently, is the conference with lower tv viewership ratings.)

I don't see how comparing the number of times the NFC as opposed to the AFC is featured in primetime is meaningless or a waste of time.

There are shows, pod casts, radio programs, articles, and message board posts that analyze the NFL schedule from the perspective of "the common Bills fan": is our schedule front loaded? back loaded? warm teams playing here too early? cold teams playing here too late? how many wins? when do we need 9 wins by? how much rest do our opponents have? how much rest do we have? when's the bye week? and on and on and on. But the key thing about those questions: they don't affect whether or not our eyes will be on the screen watching the games (and more importantly, from the NFL's perspective: the commercials).

But who's playing in primetime is an important question, and it let's me shape my plans for viewership 5-6 months out.

For the first time since the AFL-NFL merger, there won't be an AFC team playing on Thanksgiving. Also, on a somewhat related note, for the first time in my life, I won't be watching a football game on Thanksgiving.

How about opening night? Seahawks/Packers? How does that impact the Bills at all? It doesn't, so I won't be watching. I'll be getting 8 hours of sleep ahead of my work day on friday.

Let's dig deeper:

http://www.bizjourna...tv-ratings.html

8 of the top 11 rated teams (in terms of tv viewership) are American Football Conference teams... including the Buffalo Bills!

If the NFL schedule makers truly followed TV ratings, you would think they would look at the list of teams and their comparative television viewership statistics. Shouldn't the primetime split be 60/40 in favor of the AFC, as opposed to the NFC?

It's not a conspiracy against the Bills, or anything conscious that the schedule makers did. It's just that idiot Goodell giving his stamp of approval to a clearly flawed slate of games that swings way too heavily in favor of one conference (which, coincidently, is the conference with lower tv viewership ratings.)

The NFL seems to be doing quite well with their TV contracts, I'm guessing the networks are quite pleased with the 'flawed slate of games' . So you won't watch games that don't involve the AFC or the Bills? How many fans out there want to spend their Thanksgiving or stay up late Monday night watching the Bills? Be serious, the Bills high TV ratings are for local viewership - Buffalo fans watch the Bills games. The rest of the nation probably isn't too hot on them right now. I doubt the networks want a MNF game with Tim Tuel at the helm. Edited by klos63

Let's dig deeper:

http://www.bizjournals.com/buffalo/news/2014/01/15/buffalo-no-11-in-nfl-tv-ratings.html

One thing I am learning is that there are Bills' fans and there are football fans. Unlike you, I will watch every prime time game simply because I love football.

Personally, I think the Seahawks / Packers season opener will be fantastic and I, like most football fans, look forward to it.

One thing I am learning is that there are Bills' fans and there are football fans. Unlike you, I will watch every prime time game simply because I love football.

Personally, I think the Seahawks / Packers season opener will be fantastic and I, like most football fans, look forward to it.

That is absolutely true. I am a Bills fan. I used to be a football fan maybe 10-15 years ago but not any more.

Week 1 at Chicago *L

Week 2 vs Miami *W

Week 3 vs San Diego *W

Week 4 at Houston *W

Week 5 at Detroit *L

Week 6 vs New England *W

Week 7 vs Minnesota *L

Week 8 at NYJ *L

Week 9 BYE WEEK

Week 10 vs KC *W

Week 11 at Miami (THURSDAY NIGHT) *W

Week 12 vs NYJ *W

Week 13 vs Cleveland *W

Week 14 at Denver *L

Week 15 vs Green Bay *L

Week 16 at Oakland *W

Week 17 at New England *L

9-7, Playoffs, for Ralph!*

*. Provided Manuel stays healthy.

**. Best schedule in years imho, sure some stiff competition but in order to be the best you have to beat the best heh. Finally some normality both in home/away ratio as in teams coming off bye, our own bye smack bam in the middle, nice tough close of the season with 4 brutal games, schedule leading up to it gives enough opportunity to be a serious playoff contender with those 4 games to come, it's almost as if the schedule makers wanted to make up for last year. Now we need another draft like last years and we might actually be moving up and over!

Edited by bladiebla

Let's dig deeper:

http://www.bizjourna...tv-ratings.html

Son, ratings do not equal viewership. It just means a higher % of people in Buffalo are tuned to the local game than in another city, but that doesn't take into account the size of the market or the appeal of teams to a national rather than just local audience.

While the NFL appreciates the enthusiasm of fans like you, I can assure you that our team has worked diligently to ensure the best possible television experience for all NFL fans.

The Bills are 1-9 at the Raiders since '68.

And what a crazy win that was! Lil Al had a KOR for a TD, Kelly & Lofton were fabulous, OT int from Odoms -everything went our way....EXCEPT; Norwood.

I don't think there was another game in the history of the Bills where one player did so much wrong at nearly every play he was on the field for. He missed 3 FG's AND an XP -all of which would/could have won the game in regulation. He's remembered for kicking the winning FG in OT, but he was atrocious at every other opportunity.

I was surprized they let him on the plane for the flight home..