Buffalo Bills schedule released...

SBUffalo

They play warm weather teams at home during warm weather, and cold weather teams during cold weather. No advantage there. Dumb.

This needs to stop. The Bills arent a cold weather type team. They don't practice outdoors. There is no great advantage to it. The Bills IIRC said they didnt like December home games, hence the reason they dont have many.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly I Really can't complain that much. i am alright with frontloading some of our home games to the start of the season to help a young team to come together. we say a good, but not amazing kc team get on a run early even though they didn't have a super hard schedule.

we play kc, at home, coming off a bye.

we have all of preseason to prep for a road game against chicago, which while a tough game seems winynable.

the only team we play coming off a bye is the jets, at home, when we are coming off a thursday game.

we play a lot of good teams, but we were always going to play them, while we play only a few really, really stunning teams (NE, Denver, GB).

we may or may not do well this year, but i can't blame how the schedulers laid it out.

This needs to stop. The Bills arent a cold weather type team. They don't practice outdoors. There is no great advantage to it. The Bills IIRC said they didnt like December home games, hence the reason they dont have many.

So you don't think playing Miami or San Diego in Dec. when it's cold and windy wouldn't be an advantage instead of playing GBay who plays in similar weather? One of the reasons given for drafting EJ was because he had big hands to deal with handling the ball in the cold. The reason management doesn't like Dec. games isn't primarily because of weather, it's because by then the team is out of the playoffs. If they build it (a good team), they will come.

Edited by PastaJoe

So you don't think playing Miami or San Diego in Dec. when it's cold and windy wouldn't be an advantage instead of playing GBay who plays in similar weather? The reason management doesn't like Dec. games isn't primarily because of weather, it's because by then the team is out of the playoffs. If they build it (a good team), they will come.

I don't believe it's any advantage at all. Miami and warm weather/dome teams have no trouble playing in cold. Please cite the last Bills win that is directly related to bad winter weather? Remember that white-out game in Cleveland? How did the Bills do there playing in the snow they are so suited for?

As for the fans, they'd rather watch games on TV than sit in a cold stadium, playoff contenders or not.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

6 NFC teams on Thanksgiving is simply an indictment of Bills and Dolphins and NFL's desire to make T-Day games more appealing --- in the end, we can complain about not having prime time exposure or we can win some freaking games and earn our right to be on SNF, MNF or T-Day ! Just look at some of the teams on MNF instead of us, Detroit, Arizona, Washington, St Louis, Houston and Tennessee -- hardly murderous row of top notch teams, BUT, networks believe they are better national draws than Bills -- again, WINNING will get you exposure

6 NFC teams on Thanksgiving is simply an indictment of Bills and Dolphins and NFL's desire to make T-Day games more appealing --- in the end, we can complain about not having prime time exposure or we can win some freaking games and earn our right to be on SNF, MNF or T-Day ! Just look at some of the teams on MNF instead of us, Detroit, Arizona, Washington, St Louis, Houston and Tennessee -- hardly murderous row of top notch teams, BUT, networks believe they are better national draws than Bills -- again, WINNING will get you exposure

I honestly don't mind the all NFC Division Turkey day...alot more appealing to me to see grudge games, plus it is so busy i never get to watch it all anyway!

Supposedly, the Lions play the Bears on Thanksgiving...on CBS!?

Yeh, all 3 games that day are NFC match ups. Do you believe that? I'm not a big NFC fan. So I'll pull out one of my favorite Bills games & play that while I relax after my Thanksgiving meal. (I'll watch good football one way or another on Thanksgiving!)

Unlike many, I see every game as winnable. This is the best Bills team in over a decade let's prove it.

I like the schedule, see 11 - 5..

Tim-

Is there an echo in here?? <cups ear>

Love your optimism and I agree we have fianlly assembled some talent. But I said the same words you just said last year and the year before. Until I SEE it, I'm not believing it anymore..

So I'll pull out one of my favorite Bills games & play that while I relax after my Thanksgiving meal. (I'll watch good football one way or another on Thanksgiving!)

I didn't realize anyone had VHS tapes anymore or that the tape holds up.....

To me, what's frustrating about the schedule is what I've bolded above, more-so than any quirk of schedule as it relates to our pathetic franchise.

As it stands now, I ran the numbers and NFC teams constitute 57% of prime time matchups (this is before flex scheduling). They are represented 60 times in prime time, to the AFC's 46.

I think I posted in this thread last night (I was kind of buzzed, so excuse me if this is beating a dead horse), but the NFL can't forget the fans of teams in it's desire to cater to fantasy football tools. An NFC-NFC matchup is of absolutely no relevance to me. There is no reason why both conferences can't be represented an equal amount in prime time. I don't need to see every NFC west matchup this season: it's not the conference I follow, and it's on the other side of the country.

I've said it for awhile now and I truly believe it: all prime time games should be inter-conference matchups. I would stay up late watching a Chargers-Cowboys game, because it would directly impact the playoff chances for the Buffalo Bills. I would hope I'm not the only person in the country that feels this way, but who knows.

To me, what's frustrating about the schedule is what I've bolded above, more-so than any quirk of schedule as it relates to our pathetic franchise.

As it stands now, I ran the numbers and NFC teams constitute 57% of prime time matchups (this is before flex scheduling). They are represented 60 times in prime time, to the AFC's 46.

I think I posted in this thread last night (I was kind of buzzed, so excuse me if this is beating a dead horse), but the NFL can't forget the fans of teams in it's desire to cater to fantasy football tools. An NFC-NFC matchup is of absolutely no relevance to me. There is no reason why both conferences can't be represented an equal amount in prime time. I don't need to see every NFC west matchup this season: it's not the conference I follow, and it's on the other side of the country.

I've said it for awhile now and I truly believe it: all prime time games should be inter-conference matchups. I would stay up late watching a Chargers-Cowboys game, because it would directly impact the playoff chances for the Buffalo Bills. I would hope I'm not the only person in the country that feels this way, but who knows.

The fantasy football people I know have their tablet/laptop next to them while they watch a game. The get their fantasy info online in one concise place and watch whatever game they are interested in. The networks are catering to games that give them the best ratings. Best teams/games equals best ratings. Simple. When the Bills and other AFC teams stop sucking you will see them in prime time as well. As with everything else in the NFL, show me the money baby.

Interesting stat, I didn't realize it was that skewed for primetime exposure --- Bills right now have a bad combination; small market -- decade+ of losing and no real marquee player (especially at QB) ---

I live in Vegas. Thinking of going to the Raiders game. Would any of you folks wear Bills gear in Oakland? Just wondering if it's worth it or just go undercover and not stand out so I don't get killed?

Go Bills!

I've gone to the last two games in Oakland and I wore my full Bills gear and never had a problem.

I'm going to work on organizing a gathering for Bills fans that weekend so I'll be keeping everyone updated.

Raiders fans are just passionate loud fans, that's all. Just don't get in anybody's face or try to start a fight and you'll be fine.

The NFL puts what sells in Prime Time. Face it, ratings speak a lot louder than some disappointed fans on a message board.

The NFL puts what sells in Prime Time. Face it, ratings speak a lot louder than some disappointed fans on a message board.

Exactly, this is such a useless discussion. We are now analyzing the percentages of AFC / NFC matchups on primetime. Seriously. I wish my life so free of obilgations that I can worry about things like this. I'm looking forward to the season, I really won't give the schedule a second thought except- who do we play next week?

Interesting stat, I didn't realize it was that skewed for primetime exposure --- Bills right now have a bad combination; small market -- decade+ of losing and no real marquee player (especially at QB) ---

It's not really very interesting. Better matchups, more high profile teams for better ratings. It's just like Yankees / Red Sox always on ESPN - it's what the majority of viewers want to watch - viewers = $$$$. It's really quite simple.