The Bills are a PR Nightmare

ET1062

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is a joke.

I have very little doubt that when new ownership takes over, Scott Berchtold and his team will be among the first to get pink slips. The Bills have a prehistoric communications department. The textgate scandal is actually part of their bungled fan outreach program. Years of botched interviews, technology problems during press conferences, awkward releases, and an overall third-rate communications strategy have embarrassed the franchise time and time again. These guys are on their last legs here.

A guy getting 3 extra text messages, suing over it, and actually getting a $3M settlement is the biggest joke of all. But I don't disagree with the quality of the comm department.

i bet potential buyers are loving it since the messier it gets the more it incrementally devalues the franchise

Yeah never mind that the Bills have not even had the scent of the playoffs this century. What potential buyers really care about is that excessive texting lawsuit. That's what's going to drive the price of the team lower ;)

The Bills a PR Nightmare? I didn't even hear about any of this until I saw it here. I am very Glad Marrone's issue wasn't serious. The texting thing is ridiculous and doesn't make the Bills look bad, it makes the guy who sued them look obnoxious. The cheerleader thing is all over the league and not just the Bills. Welcome to Cleveland where, just this year:

The owner is being investigated on federal criminal charges

They fired the HC after 11 months

They ran a botched coaching search in which several candidates wouldn't even talk to them because of their joke status

They fired the FO after 13 months

A story came out that they tried to trade their whole draft for Jim Harbaugh, after they had hired Pettine

Fans were picketing in front of the Browns offices for being terrible

The owner and former FO were publically called out in the season ending presser as being the "Three Stooges"

A WR was arrested for assault on a police officer, tweeted out several incriminating pics, and then cut

The best organizational performance in the last 20 years was in a fictional movie

All of this in the last 48 hours.

• Bills come to terms on an excessive texting lawsuit
  • The Jills sue the Bills for not paying minimum wage
  • Bills post a story on their website about Marrone having cancer and took most of the day to clarify.

This organization is a joke, the Bills continue to show up in the national media for nothing positive. Heads need to roll, I am afraid Brandon has his own best interests in mind and not what is best for the Buffalo community.

none of these is national news. where is the PR nightmare? (and the texting story is a week old)

This thread is a joke.

A guy getting 3 extra text messages, suing over it, and actually getting a $3M settlement is the biggest joke of all. But I don't disagree with the quality of the comm department.

He got $5,000 with the rest of the cash going to attorneys and gift cards for everyone who signed up for the text service.

I think the Bills' PR department is doing just fine, thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Mrs. Berchtold

Wasn't their speculation not too long ago that Marrone was less than pleased with Berchtold and team from some botched stuff last season? I bet he wasn't too happy about having to release a statement about a medical issue that could have been kep private at 11:00 last night because of this snafu.

I guess Rodak agrees with the OP....

Mike Rodak@mikerodak 1m

Recapping one of yesterday’s embarrassing incidents for the Bills organization: being sued by former cheerleaders: http://es.pn/1rm1YFE

He got $5,000 with the rest of the cash going to attorneys and gift cards for everyone who signed up for the text service.

No, I realize that he didn't get much from the settlement, just commenting on the size of it over just 3 extra messages. Not to mention the lawyers getting $500K. :rolleyes:

Say what you will about these minor day-to-day distractions. I think that for thoughtful fans, the fact that the Bills, of all three of the key entities on the stadium committee, appointed Sen. Schumer, is by far the biggest statement that can possibly be made about their organizational integrity, understated though it is.

All of this in the last 48 hours.

• Bills come to terms on an excessive texting lawsuit
  • The Jills sue the Bills for not paying minimum wage
  • Bills post a story on their website about Marrone having cancer and took most of the day to clarify.

This organization is a joke, the Bills continue to show up in the national media for nothing positive. Heads need to roll, I am afraid Brandon has his own best interests in mind and not what is best for the Buffalo community.

Wow. And here I was thinking this was all nothing. Thank you, OP, for setting me straight.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Tell you what, I'm embarrassed that members of the Buffalo Jills needed to be told how to wash their private parts.

Where'd they get these girls from...Lackawanna? Cheektovegas?

Edited by eball

Tell you what, I'm embarrassed that members of the Buffalo Jills needed to be told how to wash their private parts.

Where'd they get these girls from...Lackawanna? Cheektovegas?

Cleaning up my coffee spit..

Very funny!

Have the Jills seen the Jills? They should have to pay to be cheerleaders.

Yeah this. I went to some business where they had Jills there to promote it. Girl next to me in jeans and a sweatshirt is a Jill. Like really?? They have hotter girls wiping your car down at Delta Sonic car wash

OK this may be the first post on TBD in a couple years that has me interested