Black unis for 1st home game?

AW posted this on Twitter... thought it would be cool to wear black jerseys for the home opener IHO Ralph? I don't like the "black-out" for fans (or white out, etc) because it is too collegiate for the NFL IMO and plus it doesn't seem to help. I like the black jersey though! You have to click on the IG link to see the jersey idea.

Aaron Williams@ajwilliams23 Apr 10

How dope would this be if we had black uni's and we had a blacked out game? Like if you agree!… http://instagram.com/p/moGjd-DMo0/

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AW posted this on Twitter... thought it would be cool to wear black jerseys for the home opener IHO Ralph? I don't like the "black-out" for fans (or white out, etc) because it is too collegiate for the NFL IMO and plus it doesn't seem to help. I like the black jersey though! You have to click on the IG link to see the jersey idea.

How dope would this be if we had black uni's and we had a blacked out game? Like if you agree!… http://instagram.com/p/moGjd-DMo0/

I personally would love it! Of course literally 95% of my wardrobe is black...So admittedly I'm the wrong person to ask about this... :lol:

Sweet!

Gimmicky/bad taste. This isn't the NBA. It smacks of commercializing RW's death by no doubt offering a commemorative black jersey for sale.....

A patch will do.

I agree with this... I think the jersey looks cool on its own but not in relation to Ralph's passing.

No.

If it's not a part of your color scheme, then you should not be allowed to do it. It looks stupid whenever Duke & UCLA do it in basketball, and it looks lame on the Eagles & Cardinals.

It would look lame on the Bills. If you don't like the white-out, fine, but at least that's in line with the color scheme.

You want to raise eyebrows, not to mention give everyone an eyesore? Then the Bills should have a Blue-out.

Blue jerseys & pants at the same time. That will get people talking.

LOVE IT!

Been stumping for this idea for years now. A blacked-out look would be awesome. I've already seen Bills jerseys in that color. A matte/primer-black helmet with a shale grey embossed logo? -That'd be really cool.

Of course, I'd want that to be separate from Ralph's memorial. An RCW patch or helmet sticker would be a classy Idea for that.

Edited by #34fan

No.

If it's not a part of your color scheme, then you should not be allowed to do it. It looks stupid whenever Duke & UCLA do it in basketball, and it looks lame on the Eagles & Cardinals.

It would look lame on the Bills. If you don't like the white-out, fine, but at least that's in line with the color scheme.

You want to raise eyebrows, not to mention give everyone an eyesore? Then the Bills should have a Blue-out.

Blue jerseys & pants at the same time. That will get people talking.

Two seaons ago the Seahawks hung 50 on us while sporting their "wolf grey" color variation. A little change is good for the spirit sometimes.

Two seaons ago the Seahawks hung 50 on us while sporting their "wolf grey" color variation. A little change is good for the spirit sometimes.

Silver is one of the Hawks' colors. Their grey uniforms are just a slightly darker, better looking silver.

Black does not match our colors nearly as well as the grey did for Seattle.

Ugh. Not a fan, plus I agree with WEO -- would just smack of trying to make some money at a time when we should be honoring the man.

Not only that, but why would we want to wear black at the home opener, when it would likely be hot and sunny? (Ignoring any talk of a home night opener, that is.)

Ralph Wilson was a pretty low-key owner, and never really bought into celebrity. I think a patch would be appropriate. Dreaming up grand schemes to honor him doesn't ring true to me. There will be plenty of mentions from players, coaches, and on NFL talk shows (especially if they are contending) throughout the season. It seems like some fans want to get attention for the Bills from this. Like "let's make a big spectacle and they will talk about the Bills". It's not needed, and won't really accomplish anything.

Rest In Peace RW.

I'm gonna black out at the home opener no matter what jersey they wear

:lol:

This is a real weird idea.

Patch = classy. Changing the uniform = gauche. Yes, I get it, the Seahawks have all the weird unis and colors, etc. They have their own thing.

It does get weirder and weirder the more I think about it. I don't think AW meant that the black unis would be worn to IHO Ralph... but there were some Twitter comments to his post that mentioned that. I don't think the Bills would ever do this.