Marcel Dareus - 5th year option by May 3

The Bills have two weeks to pick up Dareus's 5th year option. Several of the players taken in the 1st rd of 2011 have had their options picked up. Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 13h

#Texans exercised 5th-year option for JJ Watt, per his contract (as @FieldYates said). Jets did with Mo Wilkerson. Ravens & Jimmy Smith, too. Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 13h

Among the 2011 first-rounders, DT Corey Liuget also had his 5th-year option picked up by the #Chargers. That’s it for the group so far.

SF is not expected to pick up Aldon Smith's, which is probably not a surprise due to his issues.

I wonder what is going to happen with Dareus. Frankly, I am getting worried. I know they can still extend him. But not sure how the 5th year option works as it seems it is a positive thing if they pick it up and a negative thing if they don't based on the above.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if the Bills pick up the option they have MD for two more years, right? I would at least like to see one more year before an extension and big $$$ because as I see, it, and flame away, I'm not yet sold on him. Discipline issues last year and to me at least not that much of an impact player even with all the talent around him

He's a great player on the field. His teammates love him (from what I can tell). So on paper, it's an easy decision. Pick up the option.

The only reason why they wouldn't, is if the coaches and/or FO have some sort of issue with him behind the scenes.

The silence from OBD worries me. But then again, they have been quiet about a lot of things.

Don't worry. It's the way they do business under Whaley. He has said he wants to keep good players and be proactive about it.

I don't think Dareus is going anywhere.

The Bills have two weeks to pick up Dareus's 5th year option. Several of the players taken in the 1st rd of 2011 have had their options picked up. Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 13h

#Texans exercised 5th-year option for JJ Watt, per his contract (as @FieldYates said). Jets did with Mo Wilkerson. Ravens & Jimmy Smith, too. Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 13h

Among the 2011 first-rounders, DT Corey Liuget also had his 5th-year option picked up by the #Chargers. That’s it for the group so far.

SF is not expected to pick up Aldon Smith's, which is probably not a surprise due to his issues.

I wonder what is going to happen with Dareus. Frankly, I am getting worried. I know they can still extend him. But not sure how the 5th year option works as it seems it is a positive thing if they pick it up and a negative thing if they don't based on the above.

I'd be shocked but not surprised if they didn't pick up his option. It's certainly a possibility at this point, given the coaches and some vets on the team have been frustrated by him at times. I'm not convinced this staff is all in on him.

GO BILLS!!!

Being late to team meetings is a concern....which I hope they work out behind closed doors.

The guys talent was never a question......and he is the Suh in Swartz defense

Meh, I think he is more the Nick Fairley of his defense...the Bills do not have a D-lineman the caliber of the boy named Suh.

While I agree that he needs to be kept around I wouldn't be mad if they have questions about him now that they're back in the 4-3. He wasn't anything special until last season. Good in the pass game and a question in the run game. We'll see.