What Are The Chances Tony Moeaki Can Make a Comeback?

I think the more important question is can you count on him making it through the season? His history says no. Re-signing Chandler and improvement by Gragg give the Bills a decent couple options; however, I'm with the "draft Niklas in R2" camp as an upgrade.

What Are The Chances Tony Moeaki Can Make a Comeback? If it is possible that he can make a complete comeback, would it not be foolish to draft a TE in the 1st round?

What's the date of his "complete comback"? The draft is May 8th....

Anyhway, I give the chances of this happening as approx. 1.5 Merrimans.

http://espn.go.com/n...289/tony-moeaki

A "complete comeback" still wouldn't be anything special. I don't want a TE in the 1st either way (I want Niklas in the 2nd), but let's not pretend Moeaki is some superstar waiting to break out. He *could* be a decent player.

I agree. He is not by any means a game breaker. No lock to even make the team, even if he is healthy. Gragg probably has more potential.

What Are The Chances Tony Moeaki Can Make a Comeback? If it is possible that he can make a complete comeback, would it not be foolish to draft a TE in the 1st round?

I would put his chances of making it past minicamp at less than 50% right now. As far as making a comeback.......his healthy times were the aberration. Being hurt is his norm.

Chandler gets crushed on this board and Chandler's 2013 season was significantly better than Moeaki's peak year in 2010. And that was with last year's QB cocktail.

Chandler isn't going to force teams to defend the middle of the field.........which would free up the sidelines for vertical routes......... but he is a very solid player. The attrition at the TE position is such that there are rarely more than 5-10 vertically dangerous TE's active in any given week in an NFL season which explains both why they are so impactful and why you can't rely on them at the same time.

LOL..A "complete" comeback would still only make him a 40 reception 500 yard tight end. Chandler has put up better numbers than that. Still don't disagree though that TE in the 1st round would make me throw up in my mouth a little bit.

I actually think he could be a good player still. He's young enough and showed some promise early in his career. However, I really don't think he's going to have much of an opportunity to make an impact here...maybe a 10-20 catch guy at best unless injuries happen. The reason being, our TE position is going to potentially be crowded post draft.

I feel that we are very likely to take a TE in either round 1, 2 or 3. I could be wrong, just my 2 cents based on who they keep bringing in for a visit showing they have real interest in a TE. If we take a TE then it suddenly gets crowded.

Chandler - Closest thing to a lock to be at least the #2 TE, if not the #1 come game 1 regular season.

Rookie - If they invest a high round pick (Ebron, Jace, Niklas, etc) then I can see they at the very least being the #2, if not the #1 going into reg season.

Gragg - More athletic and more upside than Moeaki who they still want to develop

Moeaki - Solid TE, but who does he unseat? At best, Gragg...but I doubt he over takes both a rookie and Chandler unless he explodes in preseason.

Other - They still have other depth guys at this position and apparently are checking in on some College Basketball player as well.

So while I like Moeaki as a potential 2nd TE guy, I don't know if we will be able to break out enough to over take those likely to be ahead of him on the depth chart. I have a strong feeling that we may go Ebron at 9 because I think that only 1 QB is going to go ahead of us, not 3 or 4 like many mocks do...and if only 1 QB goes, then both the top 2 OT's will be gone, as well as Watkins, possibly Evans, and almost certainly Mack...leaves Ebron as the likely BPA and a position of need at 9.

Even if they go another direction, I think a TE is still very likely in the 2nd and I think that guy may be Niklas.

I'm not counting on Moeaki. If he can get healthy and unseat one of our three game day TE's from last year, bonus. I'm not as down on our TE's as some are, and think it isn't he biggest issue/ position that needs to be addressed early in the draft.

I still think Gragg could develop into a very good split out TE. He kinda reminds me of a very poor man's Shannon Sharpe.

The Bills have 5 TE on the roster now who know the playbook (Chandler was being careful with ACL) . I hope 2 this season can be good starters. If not wait till the 2015 draft. If the OL is not rebuilt to give EJ and CJ a chance, having Jimmy Graham could not help this team.

The Bills have 5 TE on the roster now who know the playbook (Chandler was being careful with ACL) . I hope 2 this season can be good starters. If not wait till the 2015 draft. If the OL is not rebuilt to give EJ and CJ a chance, having Jimmy Graham could not help this team.

I would argue Jimmy Graham on last years team and we win a min of 9 games and possibly 11. We had several close losses where we had multiple redzone lapses where a Jimmy Graham could have easily been a significant difference maker on even just one red zone trip in those games...and one more successful redzone trip in those game would have been enough alone to win them.

Considering we had so many close losses despite a wrath of injuries to our skill players, most notably QB, WR, OL, FS, and DB I would say that this team isn't far off and monster red zone beast like Graham would make a significant improvement to our redzone offense which would give us more wins.

Jimmy Graham alone adds 3-5 wins last year IMO.