Who Don't You Want at 9?

LB3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, possibly because I can get the Best of something else, then still get the 3rd or 4th or 5th best OT later.

The top 10 is for special players. Game-changers. These are the tired phrases used.

But it just doesnt . . . feel right to draft the 3rd best anything at 9.

We'll, I am pretty sure that you can get the top rated center, guard, Punter or kicker at 9, but I'd rather have the 3rd best OT or WR than them.

The "Nth best at a given position" isn't the ideal way to make comparisons, IMHO.

I am in the "if Watkins, Clowney, Mack, Matthews, Evans and Robinson are off the board try and trade the pick" group. I am not mad on picking Lewan, but at the moment I have to say that's the way I see the Bills leaning at #9. I definitely don't want CJ. Mosely. No way he is a top 10 talent and as others have said I only want us going defense if it is for a special guy and I think the two special guys will be gone.

No Ebron, no Lewan, no QB.

BPA please.

EDIT: I should clarify that I don't want those guys because I don't believe they'll be the BPA, not because a have a profound distaste for them--except the QBs; I don't like any of the top guys

Edited by thebandit27

I am in the "if Watkins, Clowney, Mack, Matthews, Evans and Robinson are off the board try and trade the pick" group. I am not mad on picking Lewan, but at the moment I have to say that's the way I see the Bills leaning at #9. I definitely don't want CJ. Mosely. No way he is a top 10 talent and as others have said I only want us going defense if it is for a special guy and I think the two special guys will be gone.

I agree. If all of those guys are gone, try and trade down for more picks. I don't really see a glaring need except maybe at RT and 9 is too high for a RT. We can get a good one later and maybe pick up an extra pick.

Johnny football

BPA please.

EDIT: I should clarify that I don't want those guys because I don't believe they'll be the BPA, not because a have a profound distaste for them--except the QBs; I don't like any of the top guys

But the BPA could be any of those you listed.

Ebron, Barr, any QB....other than that, I think the BILLS will make a great choice based on value of pick...that said, I think there's a 70-75% chance they trade down and at that point, it really could be anybody they think has the value at whatever spot they land...i said it in a different post, but I would NOT be surprised to see St. Louis pick Watkins at #2 and then trade up to #9 (BILLS) from #13 to get their OT....but hey, who the hell knows...

BPA please.

Agreed. I like Ebron, just not at 9.

I'm afraid they are going to pick an undertalented "need" player, like Donte Whit-less, or Aaron Maybin. I'd love to see them pick a true #1 WR, or a can't miss LB.

That's most certainly not Whaley's MO, and would be a departure from his approach.

I started this same thread 2 weeks before the Dareus draft. Because I didnt want Cam.

Today, I dont want OT Lewan. I just dont want the 3rd best of anything in the 9 hole. Including QB.

I see your point about 3rd best... People argue the Bills should take the Best Player Available, despite team need... I guess it depends on who you listen to, some people say Lewan is the best of the 3 and most athletic.. Also anyone of those 3 OT's are way better than what the Bills have playing at right tackle, unless you are positive they can draft an upgrade in a later round, I think they have to draft which ever one of those guys who are left on the board at number 9...