Who Don't You Want at 9?

LB3

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it doesnt matter.

They will take whoever they want. We will B word and moan for 3 months, having nothing better to do.

I hate being an irrelevant NFL team. Nobody cares who we pick. We arent winning the Superbowl this year. Sigh.

I believe it doesnt matter.

They will take whoever they want. We will B word and moan for 3 months, having nothing better to do.

I hate being an irrelevant NFL team. Nobody cares who we pick. We arent winning the Superbowl this year. Sigh.

Cheer up Charlie. We'll find the golden ticket eventually...because we want it more!

Cheer up Charlie. We'll find the golden ticket eventually...because we want it more!

I would think that if the stars align for us someone will fall to 9 and you would not be consternated. If you believed. :D

I see your point.

I should visualize it.

One of my daughters is in training for yoga teaching. She sent me a chant thingie. Maybe i should try that !

Or i could just relax and let it be what it is . And like Charlie

Buy another candy bar

At #9 I don't want Ebron or CJ Mosley they would be a complete waste of a pick when looking at opportunity cost. There is identical talent available later in the draft. There is nothing exceptional about Eric Ebron or CJ Mosley over their peers in the draft.

The Bills first round pick has visited OBD in a pre draft visit since Maybin

So let's look at people that are possible firsts.

OT Jake Matthews WR Watkins TE Ebron WR Evans WR Beckham

Love = OT Jake Matthews, WR Watkins, WR Evans (if any of these 3 fall to #9 I expect a Spiller like sprint to the podium)

Hate = TE Ebron WE Beckham. (If the people in the love category fall OBD better start working the phones)

Let's hope there are some more visits to OBD.

Edited by Why So Serious?

I see your point.

I should visualize it.

One of my daughters is in training for yoga teaching. She sent me a chant thingie. Maybe i should try that !

Buy another candy bar

You could try the chant thingie, sure. Don't you have to have the pants on for that to work?

I am taking some solace in the fact that we haven't maybined or mccargoed a draft pick under nix/whaley and this year more than any other I can remember in the recent past we don't have one position that we have to get in the first round.

So I would not like to see a qb or rb taken. I would not be happy with Ebron or Mosely because I don't think they are good value but I can see where they fit on the roster and financially on the team.

I think it's unfortunate we don't have a DE that makes sense for us because I think that would be a great value match for #9. I don't think Aaron Donald is long enough to play 4-3 DE full time in the nfl, I think he will do much better against guards than tackles but I think he's a good player and wouldn't be upset if he was on the roster. Seems like Kony Ealy (every time I see that name my brain says Tony Kealy) isn't in play at 9 even though to me he or Dix fills a need on defense.

So I'm pretty easy going when it comes to who they pick because I do not get the chance to interview the players and that is such a big part of how they do in the nfl.

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 5m

Yep. Think Whaley wants it that way. MT @gblakely14: One of first years I can remember their 1st pick is completely up in the air/a mystery.

There's no question that Whaley wants it that way....like last year when 4 different outlets reported that the Bills were "in love" with 4 different QBs from Barkley to EJ to Nassib to Geno

Normally I would agree, however Ol' Buddy put this team in such a bad situation re: QB by ignoring year after year, that they

are in a position to draft QB and if not this year, fine, but next year then.

I'm talking 1st rounder. If they want to hedge their bets with a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year, then fine. But if they took Manziel this year and EJ last year, how stupid would that look?

I hate the idea of any offensive lineman at 9. If I had to narrow it to one player it'd be Taylor Lewan.

I dont agree with either point.

Matthews and Robinson would step right in and be studs for at least 4 years. Maybe All pro studs in two or 3.

Lewan has question marks. But a trade down might make me feel better .maybe .

Glad to hear the perception is mystery. Thats a good thing i bet !

Unless i misunderstood you and your least favorite pick would be Lewan at nine ?

Then i apologize 242

Edited by 3rdand12

I'm talking 1st rounder. If they want to hedge their bets with a 2nd or 3rd rounder this year, then fine. But if they took Manziel this year and EJ last year, how stupid would that look?

And if they miss the playoffs yet again, how stupid would that look?

And if Manziel is the next Franchise QB they pass over, how stupid . . .

And if they take Manziel, he wins the job, and makes the playoffs, how smart would that look?

If. And a big if. If we are one player away from the playoffs, its QB. Ya gotta swing for the fences at QB. If you dont have one, nothing else matters.

(and I know Whaley wont. He wont admit a mistake so soon. But I would love Manziel. And I wanted EJ soooooo bad last year. But the reality is, we still dont have a QB).

(and I know Whaley wont. He wont admit a mistake so soon. But I would love Manziel. And I wanted EJ soooooo bad last year. But the reality is, we still dont have a QB).

Whoa! You're blowing my mind here. So the reality is that we don't have a QB. Now what if we don't draft one and EJ starts and throws a touchdown in his first game? Is that like.... imaginary? Can the Bills be flagged for not using real plays? Are the defenders real or are they imaginary too? If I see the touchdown, does that mean that I don't exist?

This is some heavy stuff. I better lay down.

I see your point.

I should visualize it.

Buy another candy bar

Stay away from the yoga pants, though, please.

GO BILLS!!!