Game of Thrones Part Deax: The Readers Thread

Kevin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given next episode's preview, they are going to have to come up with one heck of way for B&M to escape, assuming they do...

Yeah. This is what I was thinking about after watching the preview. How the hell do they escape? Is a dragon going to come and pick em up Uber style?

Yeah. This is what I was thinking about after watching the preview. How the hell do they escape? Is a dragon going to come and pick em up Uber style?

My guess is that it'll be something like they're captured rather than killed because Bran, like the Night King, is a Stark.

My guess is that it'll be something like they're captured rather than killed because Bran, like the Night King, is a Stark.

Interesting. That could really piss some fans off if he gets captured right after Hodor died to save them.

Last night's episode pretty much put an end to a comedy scene that I was hoping they could squeeze in at some point.

With the addition of Ian McShane to the cast, I was hoping there would be an eventual meeting between McShane's charcter and Hodor which would evolve into a Swidgen/Wu routine

I can't stop laughing!

"Dreadfort cocksucka!"

The flashbacks and stuff were fun, now it's confirmed Bran can basicallly bend time and alter everything we will/have seen. Not sure I like that, it's confusing and could be really clunky if he goes back and alters something huge, like say the Night King being created.

Altering the past and time and all that jazz reminds me off an over did Hero's show that was pretty terrible.

Actually, they confirmed exactly the opposite. Bran's influence didn't change anything we've seen, it created it.

Losing Summer hurts. There are now only 2 left. Though, Nymeria has a whole pack of other wolves with her at this point.

this is what I was thinking as a possible "rescue" of bran, but there's been no hint of nymeria since she left arya, so it's very doubtful. Maybe a dramatic toboggan run on bran's stretcher!? 😀

this is what I was thinking as a possible "rescue" of bran, but there's been no hint of nymeria since she left arya, so it's very doubtful. Maybe a dramatic toboggan run on bran's stretcher!?

Oh, I'm not suggesting Nymeria saves Bran. She's closer to Riverrun if I remember correctly, definitely not on that side of the wall. In the books she's leading a huge pack of wolves in the south, feasting on Lannister soldiers.

Oh, I'm not suggesting Nymeria saves Bran. She's closer to Riverrun if I remember correctly, definitely not on that side of the wall. In the books she's leading a huge pack of wolves in the south, feasting on Lannister soldiers.

i understand. As I was pondering possibilities, that was one I thought of.

I was really disappointed when Summer died. But, reflecting on it today, it makes more sense. I think her death thematically signals three things:

1) Winter has arrived (the death of Summer)

2) Brandon is no longer a Stark

3) If anyone cares: Brandon is no longer a child

I now think it is likely Bran pushes/pushed the Mad King Aerys over the edge.

For a minute, I Bran pulled past Hodor's psyche into future Hodor's body, and thought Hodor might start talking again (and couldn't all those years because most of him had "time traveled" to the future).

Why did Hodor's eyes go white in the past, but Bran's did not? Is this just everything getting jumbled because Bran is untrained and has no practice operating inside a vision?

Actually, they confirmed exactly the opposite. Bran's influence didn't change anything we've seen, it created it.

That scene was well done and Martin deserves major credit for developing "Hodor" and the ultimate payoff. It translated well on the show and was one of the better scenes.With that being said as the storylines intertwine I hope the well developed characters are the focus and not the magical abilities. I'm not sure if that makes sense, I like my make believe semi-believable.

I was really disappointed when Summer died. But, reflecting on it today, it makes more sense. I think her death thematically signals three things:

1) Winter has arrived (the death of Summer)

2) Brandon is no longer a Stark

3) If anyone cares: Brandon is no longer a child

I now think it is likely Bran pushes/pushed the Mad King Aerys over the edge.

For a minute, I Bran pulled past Hodor's psyche into future Hodor's body, and thought Hodor might start talking again (and couldn't all those years because most of him had "time traveled" to the future).

Why did Hodor's eyes go white in the past, but Bran's did not? Is this just everything getting jumbled because Bran is untrained and has no practice operating inside a vision?

Some people are theorizing that the Raven is Bran and he's caught in a time loop. Not sure I buy that but it's floating around on the interwebs this morning.

Some people are theorizing that the Raven is Bran and he's caught in a time loop. Not sure I buy that but it's floating around on the interwebs this morning.

Bran is Bran the Builder. He's the one who dictated that there must always be a Stark in Winterfell, so he can eventually exist. The young version of Bloodraven is told to go North to eventually train Bran by Bran. He is also told to make sure Bran is at the right time to cause Hodor's seizure when they escape.

Time loop has changed the game.

Also, Benjen/Coldhands saves Bran and Meera.

Edited by FireChan