If We Pass on Ebron .... We Will Regret it

I'm not a big fan of Ebron at #9, but Tight Ends are basically big WR's now. Impact is much greater now than ever before. Look at the numbers some of these guys have put up in the last 3-4 years. Gronkowski and Graham would be top 10 picks today, probably top 5, if they came out of college as clean prospects.

You're missing the point entirely. They would come out of college as top 10 picks KNOWING what you do about how they performed as pros. We have no such hindsight on Ebron and whether or not he'll have that value. We do know that he doesn't have their size, their hands, OR their blocking abilities. Those are pretty important things when you start throwing around Gronk and Graham as examples. For the record, if they're basically "big WR's" as you put it, then the pick is Evans. He's faster, 2 inches taller, has longer arms, catches the ball better and has another 5 inches on his vertical leap. I.e. if Ebron were a WR, we would be talking about him as a 3rd or 4th round pick....

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people are finally getting the Ebron value right. No at nine. Same goes for Mosely. Did you watch his bowl game. Horrible. These two are not worth the ninth pick. Oh yeah Ebron has a lot of drops also.

I am not a big Ebron fan, either. I am a little bit more positive on Mosley though. If we assume that Mack,Clowney, Robinson, Mathews, Watkins and Evans are all gone, what should the Bills do (other than the magic trade down)?

They *could* take:

Barr - I am not sold on him being that great - think I'd prefer Mosley.

Lewan - at least based on what I've seen, he doesn't sound like the powerful run blocking RT I would be looking for - I've seen him described as a "finesse" LT. I wouldn't be disappointed if they took Lewan as he still has what look to be great skill and a pair of good OTs is very valuable

Another WR - still like Marquise Lee and some are saying that Odell Beckham is worth a top 10 pick. I am not a big fan of Kelvin Benjamin anywhere in round 1 (would consider him in 2nd though)

Mosley - Many think he'd be a great fit with Alonzo

I just can't see them taking a QB in round 1 and I don't think an OG will go there.

I don't think there is a DE after Clowney worth taking that high.

I would be very surprised with a CB or S. I know they lost Byrd, but I don't think they'll take another in round 1.

If the draft unfolds this way, the Bills will be in a tough spot. Given those options and what I've read, I'd take Mosley or WR Lee or Beckham (and feel like I just missed out on the very top tier of players)

You're missing the point entirely. They would come out of college as top 10 picks KNOWING what you do about how they performed as pros. We have no such hindsight on Ebron and whether or not he'll have that value. We do know that he doesn't have their size, their hands, OR their blocking abilities. Those are pretty important things when you start throwing around Gronk and Graham as examples. For the record, if they're basically "big WR's" as you put it, then the pick is Evans. He's faster, 2 inches taller, has longer arms, catches the ball better and has another 5 inches on his vertical leap. I.e. if Ebron were a WR, we would be talking about him as a 3rd or 4th round pick....

I agree, but can't see Evans getting past Tampa Bay with pick 7. If he does - and nobody trades into the Viking's spot to nab him, then he looks to be the best option to me.

I'm becoming more and more at peace with the idea of a franchise tackle at #9. If a kid is truly good enough, then why not?

Plus, for a team with needs, and an inexperieced coaching staff, this draft could become a total cluster#$%.

-Take the tackle. Then go get your "big threat" receiver. If the staff does their research, it'll be hard to f#@ that combo up.

TE can wait. A few solid TE's will be available in later rounds to UDFA.

Too high bust potential for Eric Ebron to be taken with our #1 pick.

The Bills should be looking for basketball players who have HS football experience. There are a lot of very good athletes that go around 6'4/250. They can be had as free agents or 7th rounders.

Let's just talk top-10 picks that are TE's for a second. The first presumption is that if you're picked that high that there's hype about you as a player. Out of the 17 top-10 TE picks since 1960, there's only one in the HOF and that's Mike Ditka. There's only 2 currently still playing in the NFL in Vernon Davis and Kellen Winslow and neither of those guys will ever be HOF worthy. They're just not good enough. Now look at other recent top-10 guys (last 20 years or so) and you're looking at Kyle Brady, Ricky Dudley, and Junior Miller. Gronkowski and Graham were 2nd and 3rd round picks. So for me, it comes down to this. Would I rather have Ebron in the first with the chance that he's a Ricky Dudley or Junior Miller or would I want Troy Niklas or someone similar in round 2-3 with the chance that they're a Gronk or Graham? Honestly, that's a really really easy decision for me.

How many running backs are taken in the first round anymore? None.

The game has changed. The number one priority for a modern NFL offense after having a good to great QB, is to have a receiving match up advantage for that QB to consistently throw the ball to. I think that Eric Ebron's going to be the 2nd best TE after Graham. It may take him 2 or 3 years, but he'll get there IMO.

Would it be great to have a solid RT starter like Matthews? Sure it would, but not at the expense of passing on Ebron. Matthews will be a solid pro no doubt, but he's not going to be an all time great OT because he's only going to get marginally better than the player he already is now. He's about as coached up as you can get. So if that's the case, why is Robinson going before him? Matthews may have great bloodlines, but he's not amazing enough to pass the raw guy Robinson? People talk about the hype of Ebron, I think Matthews is hyped up to be believed better than he is simply because of his last name. I won't be mad if they take Matthews, but I will think they made a mistake if Ebron's still on the board.

How many running backs are taken in the first round anymore? None.

The game has changed. The number one priority for a modern NFL offense after having a good to great QB, is to have a receiving match up advantage for that QB to consistently throw the ball to. I think that Eric Ebron's going to be the 2nd best TE after Graham. It may take him 2 or 3 years, but he'll get there IMO.

Would it be great to have a solid RT starter like Matthews? Sure it would, but not at the expense of passing on Ebron. Matthews will be a solid pro no doubt, but he's not going to be an all time great OT because he's only going to get marginally better than the player he already is now. He's about as coached up as you can get. So if that's the case, why is Robinson going before him? Matthews may have great bloodlines, but he's not amazing enough to pass the raw guy Robinson? People talk about the hype of Ebron, I think Matthews is hyped up to be believed better than he is simply because of his last name. I won't be mad if they take Matthews, but I will think they made a mistake if Ebron's still on the board.

There's little doubt in my mind that Matthews will be a better OT than Ebron will be a TE

I'd probably prefer Evans also, but their physical traits are pretty close. If you go by combine measurements, Evans is 3/8th's of an inch taller, 0.07 seconds faster in the 40, arms are 1 and 7/8th's inches longer, and vertical is 5 inches higher. Ebron has 19 pounds on him and is significantly stronger (24 reps vs. 12). Depends on what you're looking for. Ebron better across the middle and on screens. Can use him as a fullback too. Evans better in jump ball situations and on the outside.

Some people here are selling Ebron short. He is a very good prospect. Not sure about him at #9, but if we could trade back I'd be happy with him in the middle of the first round.

I am not a big Ebron fan, either. I am a little bit more positive on Mosley though. If we assume that Mack,Clowney, Robinson, Mathews, Watkins and Evans are all gone, what should the Bills do (other than the magic trade down)?

They *could* take:

Barr - I am not sold on him being that great - think I'd prefer Mosley.

Lewan - at least based on what I've seen, he doesn't sound like the powerful run blocking RT I would be looking for - I've seen him described as a "finesse" LT. I wouldn't be disappointed if they took Lewan as he still has what look to be great skill and a pair of good OTs is very valuable

Another WR - still like Marquise Lee and some are saying that Odell Beckham is worth a top 10 pick. I am not a big fan of Kelvin Benjamin anywhere in round 1 (would consider him in 2nd though)

Mosley - Many think he'd be a great fit with Alonzo

I just can't see them taking a QB in round 1 and I don't think an OG will go there.

I don't think there is a DE after Clowney worth taking that high.

I would be very surprised with a CB or S. I know they lost Byrd, but I don't think they'll take another in round 1.

If the draft unfolds this way, the Bills will be in a tough spot. Given those options and what I've read, I'd take Mosley or WR Lee or Beckham (and feel like I just missed out on the very top tier of players)

I agree, but can't see Evans getting past Tampa Bay with pick 7. If he does - and nobody trades into the Viking's spot to nab him, then he looks to be the best option to me.

You really have to start adding up your picks though to assume that Evans is gone. That is really my point. Pick any 2 QB's to be gone. Most have 3 before Buffalo, but let's just take 2 for argument sake. Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Watkins. That's 4 more and gets you to 6. I don't know anyone that has any of those 4 still available for Buffalo. If it is just 6, then is it Evans and Matthews at that point? I guess I don't oversimplify it really. My decision tree looks a bit like this:

1 - Bortles/Manziel or Clowney to Houston. Obviously here, it's whomever is their #1 "guy". Needed QB or next Mario?

2 - If QB is chosen #1, Clowney or Robinson fall to this spot. I think Robinson is more likely, but we'll see how St. Louis responds.

3 - It's possible at this point that Clowney still hasn't been chosen, but he won't fall beyond here beyond a JAC QB pick. That could happen as well. Clowney, Robinson, Bortles/Manziel. Regardless for me, 1 QB is gone + Clowney and Robinson.

4 - Cleveland's pick is ugly. QB #2 or Mack/Watkins? That's most likely, but I'm also guessing if by some strange miracle that there's no chosen QB by now, that they pull the trigger.

5 - The Raiders plucked Matt Schaub, so QB is off the table. Watkins probably their #1 guy followed again by any of those above.

6 - Atlanta doesn't have QB on the radar. Robinson can't be here, right. Mack or Matthews?

7 - Tampa Bay could pick Evans here. I would assume though that Watkins has to be gone and to Cleveland at #4 or the Raiders #5.

8 - Minnesota is a mess. If they don't pick a QB, it only means to me that at least 2 if not 3, are gone already. How can they otherwise justify drafting defense or some other position that they don't need?

The guys I have gone are Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Manziel, Robinson, and Matthews. With only 2 more gone, I just can't see Evans. Just me maybe.

If you are just really looking for a big, strong WR, and calling him a TE, then Ebron might be your pick. Not sure I would want him with a #9, but in a trade down mid round #1 situation he might be OK.

I would rather get a big TE who can catch in traffic and block for CJ and Fred (and his future replacement). I would much prefer a TE who also is a serious blocker like Niklas or ASJ in the 2nd , or even CJ Fiedorowicz in the 3rd or 4th , and spend my first on OT. Our real need position is OL. Late 1st and 2nd round still gives you top quality OL talent. There is a major drop after that.

To date, I was not for a TE @ 9. I suppose it's because we don't know what a great TE on the Bills could do. When Pete Metzalaars is your Best Ever, ( with special consideration for Ernie Warlick) - we have absolutely nothing to compare one to except from other teams.

I've changed my mind. If the pick isn't going to be a QB, then, by all means Ebron!

Not only is he considered to be clearly the best TE in this draft..

He is considered as one of the best we athletes in this draft.

He is a match up nightmare the perfect advantage a 2nd year QB needs....

Ebron even give the Bills the flexibility to play two TE sets....

I continue to watch videos on him, and he has weaknesses but they can be coached up but his physical gifts and natural abilities CAN NOT...

Example his ability to locate the ball in traffic. Elevating at the peak of the catch (he goes an gets it) Body Control ect...

If We Pass on him we'll regret it

That's funny I see lots of reports saying he has several weaknesses that may be exposed in the NFL.

To date, I was not for a TE @ 9. I suppose it's because we don't know what a great TE on the Bills could do. When Pete Metzalaars is your Best Ever, ( with special consideration for Ernie Warlick) - we have absolutely nothing to compare one to except from other teams.

I've changed my mind. If the pick isn't going to be a QB, then, by all means Ebron!

It might turn out to be the best pick we could make. Whether i like it or not if Luxy 312 has anything to say about it. Good post Luxy312 BTW.

Hard to consider for me that 9 could be a sure thing. But if the QBs dont come off the board i might have to settle for Lewan of Ebron . And i jsut dont feel them value picks at nine.

I am preparing to be a little disappointed with the first round pick by the Bills.

Hoping to find a buddy to trade out of nine if Evans or Matthews is gone .

Raiders pleeez take a QB.

I like Ebron a lot, I was sold on Jace Amaro but after watching game tape on him he's not what we are looking for. What I like about Eric Ebron is how he has great body control. He always seems to put his body in a position where he has the advantage. That to me, is just as or if not more important than having top end speed.

I like Ebron a lot, I was sold on Jace Amaro but after watching game tape on him he's not what we are looking for. What I like about Eric Ebron is how he has great body control. He always seems to put his body in a position where he has the advantage. That to me, is just as or if not more important than having top end speed.

you are describing a receiver, don't you know ?

Can he play the whole game ? Run block pass block , take the hits over the middle or curls with a safety coming down on him ?

Read defenses. Crap like that .

I think we might have enough receivers at the moment. And i dont want a jimmy graham contract in four or five years either.

But if we get him i will be happy.

if i have to.

Edited by 3rdand12

I'd probably prefer Evans also, but their physical traits are pretty close. If you go by combine measurements, Evans is 3/8th's of an inch taller, 0.07 seconds faster in the 40, arms are 1 and 7/8th's inches longer, and vertical is 5 inches higher. Ebron has 19 pounds on him and is significantly stronger (24 reps vs. 12). Depends on what you're looking for. Ebron better across the middle and on screens. Can use him as a fullback too. Evans better in jump ball situations and on the outside.

Some people here are selling Ebron short. He is a very good prospect. Not sure about him at #9, but if we could trade back I'd be happy with him in the middle of the first round.

Based on what you've written, that's not true. Evans is faster by a long shot. How would Ebron be better across the middle and screens. 40, shuttle, etc., also favor Evans. Failed argument.

Out if curiosity. What didn't you like about Jace Amaro?

When I watch Ebron film I just see nothing special. A solid prospect, but nothing that makes me think Top 10 draft pick.

It might turn out to be the best pick we could make. Whether i like it or not if Luxy 312 has anything to say about it. Good post Luxy312 BTW.

Hard to consider for me that 9 could be a sure thing. But if the QBs dont come off the board i might have to settle for Lewan of Ebron . And i jsut dont feel them value picks at nine.

I am preparing to be a little disappointed with the first round pick by the Bills.

Hoping to find a buddy to trade out of nine if Evans or Matthews is gone .

Raiders pleeez take a QB.

Thanks. I like the idea of someone being there that shouldn't be or a trade down. Either/or satisfies.

Out if curiosity. What didn't you like about Jace Amaro?

When I watch Ebron film I just see nothing special. A solid prospect, but nothing that makes me think Top 10 draft pick.

I'm apologizing in advance...

It's a pet peeve of mine when people talk about watching "film" of a draft prospect.

Unless you guys actually have the coaches' tape, in which case I'm a jerk, what you're watching are video clips.

Okay, sorry, I'll move on now.

Based on what you've written, that's not true. Evans is faster by a long shot. How would Ebron be better across the middle and screens. 40, shuttle, etc., also favor Evans. Failed argument.

0.07 seconds faster in the 40 is by a longshot? If you watch them, Ebron is better over the middle and on screens. He catches it, gets up the field quickly, and breaks tackles. Ebron is the more physical player. Also seems like less of a head case. Wouldn't have a problem with Evans at #9 because the guy is super talented, but Ebron is too.

0.07 seconds faster in the 40 is by a longshot? If you watch them, Ebron is better over the middle and on screens. He catches it, gets up the field quickly, and breaks tackles. Ebron is the more physical player. Also seems like less of a head case. Wouldn't have a problem with Evans at #9 because the guy is super talented, but Ebron is too.

If the 3 OTs and WRs Watkins & Evans are gone when the Bills pick comes up, I am hoping for the magic trade down. If all of those players are gone, then I could identify the following players that would be roughly equivalent to me:

Mosley LB

Barr LB

Lee WR

Beckham WR

Ebron TE

I don't really see a steep drop off after these 5, either, so if the offer were good enough, could move further - all depends what is offered.

I do think OT is a considerable need, but if the top 3 are gone, I'm not grooving on the left-overs.

WR is still a big need, IMHO, but Lee and Beckham are the best remaining (I think), though Cooks isn't too far behind and there may be good options top of round 2.

Not a fan of other TEs in round 1.

Could default to a DB if necessary...

Edited by OldTimer1960

That part you're wrong about. He has the worst drop rate of any of the TE's rated in the top-10 in the draft and significantly more than Evans. If they draft Ebron with #9, I'll watch the Bears next year. .07 seconds in the 40 is a lot. You're apparently not a track guy. Add 5 inches higher on the vertical and 4 inches on his wingspan. Translation is that Evans has about a foot more to work with than Ebron.

You really have to start adding up your picks though to assume that Evans is gone. That is really my point. Pick any 2 QB's to be gone. Most have 3 before Buffalo, but let's just take 2 for argument sake. Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Watkins. That's 4 more and gets you to 6. I don't know anyone that has any of those 4 still available for Buffalo. If it is just 6, then is it Evans and Matthews at that point? I guess I don't oversimplify it really. My decision tree looks a bit like this:

1 - Bortles/Manziel or Clowney to Houston. Obviously here, it's whomever is their #1 "guy". Needed QB or next Mario?

2 - If QB is chosen #1, Clowney or Robinson fall to this spot. I think Robinson is more likely, but we'll see how St. Louis responds.

3 - It's possible at this point that Clowney still hasn't been chosen, but he won't fall beyond here beyond a JAC QB pick. That could happen as well. Clowney, Robinson, Bortles/Manziel. Regardless for me, 1 QB is gone + Clowney and Robinson.

4 - Cleveland's pick is ugly. QB #2 or Mack/Watkins? That's most likely, but I'm also guessing if by some strange miracle that there's no chosen QB by now, that they pull the trigger.

5 - The Raiders plucked Matt Schaub, so QB is off the table. Watkins probably their #1 guy followed again by any of those above.

6 - Atlanta doesn't have QB on the radar. Robinson can't be here, right. Mack or Matthews?

7 - Tampa Bay could pick Evans here. I would assume though that Watkins has to be gone and to Cleveland at #4 or the Raiders #5.

8 - Minnesota is a mess. If they don't pick a QB, it only means to me that at least 2 if not 3, are gone already. How can they otherwise justify drafting defense or some other position that they don't need?

The guys I have gone are Clowney, Mack, Watkins, Manziel, Robinson, and Matthews. With only 2 more gone, I just can't see Evans. Just me maybe.

I can't imagine Atlanta not taking OT unless by some odd turn of events Robinson and Matthews are already gone.

No way Evans makes it passed Tampa. They don't have any other holes to fill in the top 10.

Also, Minnesota will be drafting defense over a QB, I think. They re-signed Cassel to start and their defense has way too many holes to fill. Zimmer has a lot of work to do there and they can get decent play out of Cassel with Norv.

Unless the team REALLY likes someone, I see trading down as the most likely scenario. Ebron could be a great tool for us, but #9 is a reach.

I can't imagine Atlanta not taking OT unless by some odd turn of events Robinson and Matthews are already gone.

No way Evans makes it passed Tampa. They don't have any other holes to fill in the top 10.

Also, Minnesota will be drafting defense over a QB, I think. They re-signed Cassel to start and their defense has way too many holes to fill. Zimmer has a lot of work to do there and they can get decent play out of Cassel with Norv.

Unless the team REALLY likes someone, I see trading down as the most likely scenario. Ebron could be a great tool for us, but #9 is a reach.

Agreed on the trade down, but IMHO an extra 3rd is only useful if it is used with our 3rd to move back int 2nd. A mid- late 3rd is a crap-shoot even in a deep draft

Edited by OldTimer1960

Agreed on the trade down, but IMHO an extra 3rd is only useful if it is used with our 3rd to move back int 2nd. A mid- late 3rd is a crap-shoot even in a deep draft

In our trade with STL last year, we got their 2nd rounder and swapped 3rds, plus a 7th. We might not make that big of a move, but we'll definitely get something we can use.

When you get past the 6 "blue chip" non-QB prospect list of Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Mack, Matthews and Evans, then what player isn't considered a "reach" at #9?

I think there's a very good chance that all 6 of those players are gone by the time the Bills pick. So if that indeed ends up being the case, then Eric Ebron is not really much of a reach IMO because the difference in the next cluster of prospects after the "blue chip" ones is a nominal one at best.

When you get past the 6 "blue chip" non-QB prospect list of Clowney, Robinson, Watkins, Mack, Matthews and Evans, then what player isn't considered a "reach" at #9?

I think there's a very good chance that all 6 of those players are gone by the time the Bills pick. So if that indeed ends up being the case, then Eric Ebron is not really much of a reach IMO because the difference in the next cluster of prospects after the "blue chip" ones is a nominal one at best.

I actually dont consider Lewan to be a reach....he is just as athletic as Mathews and is as mean as a rattler

Dont be suprised...im just sayin

I was right on Colston,Burfict,Dion Jordan,Maybin,Orakapo,Tank Carder, Nassib and many others.

Never toot your own horn unless you can tell me where Jimmy Hoffa is, cure disease or have women completely figured out.

I'm apologizing in advance...

It's a pet peeve of mine when people talk about watching "film" of a draft prospect.

Unless you guys actually have the coaches' tape, in which case I'm a jerk, what you're watching are video clips.

Okay, sorry, I'll move on now.

learnt that the hard way….

I actually dont consider Lewan to be a reach....he is just as athletic as Mathews and is as mean as a rattler

Dont be suprised...im just sayin

I think that Lewan might have personality/impulse control issues. Given the almost daily police blotter stories that have become part of the NFL, I think the #9 pick is too rich for a prospect with possible issues like that. I do think NFL teams around 15 or later will start considering the risk vs value of Lewan as a pick.

Here's the deal with Ebron: I doubt the Bills will pick him. Let's see….great athlete with limited production that projects to be a dominant pro? That just don't fly. It's got a real Aaron Maybin feel to me. The more I read, the more I'm convinced it's going to be an OT. Lewan. Zack Martin.

I would be blown away if Ebron has done enough to warrant a top 10 pick. If it is a skill player, his name will be Evans.

I agree that there is a cluster of very close 2nd tier players - too bad they are a notch, maybe two below the top 6...

I could live with Ebron, Lee, Beckham, Cooks, Mosley or Barr - but would feel that we just missed on a top prospect...

Valid point.

Here's the deal with Ebron: I doubt the Bills will pick him. Let's see….great athlete with limited production that projects to be a dominant pro? That just don't fly. It's got a real Aaron Maybin feel to me. The more I read, the more I'm convinced it's going to be an OT. Lewan. Zack Martin.

I would be blown away if Ebron has done enough to warrant a top 10 pick. If it is a skill player, his name will be Evans.

Not a fan of Ebron at 9, either, but comparing his production to Maybin's is a COMPLETE mismatch. Ebron had excellent production in the ACC, while Maybin was expected to be a backup until the starter at Penn St was suspended for his season.

He broke Vernon Davis' records in catches and yards for a TE in the ACC. So I don't understand how you can say that he had limited production.

Not a fan of Ebron at 9, either, but comparing his production to Maybin's is a COMPLETE mismatch. Ebron had excellent production in the ACC, while Maybin was expected to be a backup until the starter at Penn St was suspended for his season.

3 TDs? Questionable blocker? I dunno man. Whenever someone talk about what a great athlete the guy is, I'd rather hear what a good football payer he is.

He broke Vernon Davis' records in catches and yards for a TE in the ACC. So I don't understand how you can say that he had limited production.

You're talking the 9th OVERALL pick in the NFL draft. This guy was never on ESPN and I hadn't heard of him prior to the run up to the combine. Now….Mike Evans, I heard of.

3 TDs? Questionable blocker? I dunno man. Whenever someone talk about what a great athlete the guy is, I'd rather hear what a good football payer he is.

You're talking the 9th OVERALL pick in the NFL draft. This guy was never on ESPN and I hadn't heard of him prior to the run up to the combine. Now….Mike Evans, I heard of.

102 catches and 15+ ypc the past two years as a Soph and Jr is very good production- admit I'd prefer to see more TDS...

Not only is he considered to be clearly the best TE in this draft..

He is considered as one of the best we athletes in this draft.

He is a match up nightmare the perfect advantage a 2nd year QB needs....

Ebron even give the Bills the flexibility to play two TE sets....

I continue to watch videos on him, and he has weaknesses but they can be coached up but his physical gifts and natural abilities CAN NOT...

Example his ability to locate the ball in traffic. Elevating at the peak of the catch (he goes an gets it) Body Control ect...

If We Pass on him we'll regret it

If we trade back, I wouldn't mind a bit.

Only two TEs taken in the top ten in the last 15 - 20 years, Vernon Davis and Kellen Winslow Jr. And while Ebron's good, he's just not the TE that these two were coming out of college.

The history of TEs drafted in the first round in the last 15 years or so is NOT good. Most underperform, and that's first rounders. It's a risk. They're harder to evaluate than most positions.

At #9, I don't think they should take Ebron. If they can trade back, sure, that'd be great.

I disagree completely. I think the team should be focused on getting Austin Seferian-Jenkins in the second. He's a better value. Reminds me of Tony Gonzalez.

Agreed. I'd rather get a bookend Tackle and give EJ lots of time. we'd have a couple of years of a solid line. TE in rd 2, and BPA afterwards.