Bon Jovi Linked to Bills again

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the part that always irks me. before all this bills buying stuff came up, jovi would roll into b-lo with that whole thank you for loving me sentimentality, but we all know that if he buys the team he'll be like, have a nice day! for him, it's a business deal -- it ain't a love song. and most business deals involve someone having to take bad medicine. i'm sure if you ask him if he's moving the bills, he'll just say, keep the faith or he's misunderstood, and the team would never say goodbye. and some fans will probably believe him because they'll think, why would he move the team? -- we got it going on! but we all know that they'll hit up the lost highway like a runaway for toronto or l.a. or santa fe or wherever else one wild night after he buys them. it will be a shot to the heart. and if you ask why, he'll probably just say, because we can. ultimately, it will be about the money -- that's how things are these days.

being a fan of this team has been no bed of roses the last few years, but we really should appreciate the time they're still here. every game should be an opportunity to make a memory. one thing's for certain -- if jovi does take them to toronto i'll probably end up in an local emergency room, begging a doctor to hook me up with some morphine to dull the pain.

I threw up in my mouth a little on that post. Well played.

Looks like I am late to the party, posted this on facebook a little while ago.

If Bon Jovi buys and moves the Bills to Toronto he will be Wanted, Dead or Alive and Livin' on a Prayer. He will give my love for the Bills a bad name, like bad medicine and I will want to lay his corpse down on a bed of roses. I won't be there for you John, this ain't a love song, I hope you burn in hell, where it is 99 in the shade.

Bon Jovi being in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame is akin to putting someone like Mark Brunell in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. I mean, if Bon Jovi is in--- who DOESN'T get in?

Let's take a football team that represents and means everything to a blue collar community and move them to an upscale, transient, corporate metropolis that could care less about football- and, to take it a step further, a region whose own inhabitants that actually root for said football team pretty much universally want the team to stay in the blue collar city despite the commute because it's such a raging party down there- because it's a sound business investment. How rock n' roll.

Imagine if Bongiovi actually did buy the Bills and swiftly moved them to Toronto. People in Buffalo would hate him so much. He could never come there ever again and every time one of his songs came on anywhere in Buffalo, people would curse him up and down and start throwing stuff. To be honest with you, I hate the guy already for even thinking about it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Bon Jovi of all people buying and moving the Bills is among my worst !@#$ nightmares in sports. If this happens I hope a reconstituted Dead Kennedys play at the Ralph and burn the sucker down.

In that case, Jello Biafra for Erie County Exec.

Stated or not, I'm thinking this will be all-out war between Bon Jovi and the interests from Buffalo. The NFL can't have 2 viable franchises 90 miles apart, the economics just don't work. Either Bon Jovi-Tannenbaum are left standing, or a Buffalo franchise is. It can't be both.

Not a big fan of his. Never was. Not a big fan of him buying the team since he wants to move it to Toronto. And why Toronto is even a consideration is beyond me. That experiment was a train wreck and attendance was pitifully low. They do not want a NFL team there ... it won't be supported by the masses. I hope the family, the Trust and the NFL block this bid.