Bills should play Lions on Thanksgiving Day

Why would NBC want to flex the Bills Lions game? That makes no sense. The only other matchup I could think of that has less national appeal would be the Bills vs Browns.

That was my first thought as well. But people are going to watch on turkey day no matter who is playing. So why not.

But I don't want it because I'd probably have to watch live with all the commercials. I'd rather have it be teams I don't care about so I don't have to pay much attention (basically everyone but the Bills).

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be shocked if the Bills dont play the Lions on Thanksgiving given all the ties this year.

Mr. Ford passes away

Mr. Wilson passes away--longtime Detroit native

Lions former HC now our DC

CBF

Sad as it may be, no fans outside of buffalo and Detroit give a monkeys turd about any of those story lines.

Sad as it may be, no fans outside of buffalo and Detroit give a monkeys turd about any of those story lines.

Maybe so but Detroit can only play Buffalo or Miami on Thanksgiving Day. I would think that it is probably 60/40 Bills because of those story lines.

From Bills site:

"All-Time Regular Season Series 4-4-1 / 1-3 on Road

Bills first year defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz will make his first visit to Ford Field on the opposing sideline after he served as the Lions’ head coach for the previous five years.

Buffalo and Detroit will meet for the 10th time in the regular season in 2014. The Bills have played in eight previous Thanksgiving Day games (4-4) in team history with their last appearance on Turkey Day coming in 1994."

Read the last sentence. Seems like the cat is out of the bag.

Maybe so but Detroit can only play Buffalo or Miami on Thanksgiving Day. I would think that it is probably 60/40 Bills because of those story lines.

True, and what story lines are there going to be for a Lions/Dolphins game? And I would think the same amount of people outside of Miami/Detroit are going to care about that game as a Lions/Bills game

From Bills site:

"All-Time Regular Season Series 4-4-1 / 1-3 on Road

Bills first year defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz will make his first visit to Ford Field on the opposing sideline after he served as the Lions’ head coach for the previous five years.

Buffalo and Detroit will meet for the 10th time in the regular season in 2014. The Bills have played in eight previous Thanksgiving Day games (4-4) in team history with their last appearance on Turkey Day coming in 1994."

Read the last sentence. Seems like the cat is out of the bag.

yup - sounds like it. link?

It's a 50/50 shot...it's Detroit's turn to play an AFC team (as Dallas played one last year) on Thanksgiving, and the only 2 they host are Buffalo and Miami.

I'd say, given the circumstances with Ralph, Schwartz, etc., this is all but a lock.

I would be surprised if we don't get the Thanksgiving day game vs. the Lions. It's either us or the Dolphins. Jim Schwartz and Ralph Wilson both have Detroit ties, which seems like it might make it a sensible pick. I also read this year that NBC can flex the Cowboys or Lions game this year into the 8:30 time slot. Meaning it's probable the Bills would play the Lions in the early game, but it is possible it could be the 8:30 game if flexed to NBC that night. This would allow CBS to schedule in a sexier AFC vs. AFC game in the 1 PM time slot (and I'm sure it won't be hard to find a "sexier" matchup than Bills @ Lions). So, moral of the story: Don't be shocked if it's Bills @ Lions, primetime, 8:30PM. Would be a lotta fun!

I love when you talk like that.. So sexy..