Bills sign Punter Jake Dombrowski

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe some don't realize you can bring 90 players to camp and you don't want to have only one punter do all the kicking? Or not

Puh-leaze... stop with the logic. This is the off season, when budding GMs get to strut their stuff and show the world what their thinking is like. :ph34r:

This is a guy you get to kick the punts in practice to not wear out your starter. To give the return teams practice, etc.

No big deal Lets hope he pants out, but lets be honest...he probably won't make the squad.

This is a guy you get to kick the punts in practice to not wear out your starter. To give the return teams practice, etc.

No big deal Lets hope he pants out, but lets be honest...he probably won't make the squad.

what kind of pants does he have on? :D

I have no idea if this kid has an NFL leg, but Moorman shouldn't be any sort of a lock. He's at the end of his career, with a diminishing leg and he's already been cut once by the team. I have a soft spot for Brian, but if a kid comes in and can hang with him I wouldn't be surprised if he (pardon the pun) gets the boot.

I have no idea if this kid has an NFL leg, but Moorman shouldn't be any sort of a lock. He's at the end of his career, with a diminishing leg and he's already been cut once by the team. I have a soft spot for Brian, but if a kid comes in and can hang with him I wouldn't be surprised if he (pardon the pun) gets the boot.

Agreed, we also need a fall back should Moorman get hurt at any point during the season and then we have a player we have familiarity with. Sometimes I really don't feel that people think before they write.

Meh. Punters and kickers often bounce around the league in their earlier years before settling in to have nice careers. You never know with kickers. Moorman is okay at this point but could certainly be upgraded. Keep churning the bottom of the roster. Nothing wrong with that.

Agreed, we also need a fall back should Moorman get hurt at any point during the season and then we have a player we have familiarity with. Sometimes I really don't feel that people think before they write.

Yes. I remember two teams - NE and Cincy I believe - whose punters got hurt at the end of the season Tom Brady was punting and I think Mike Nugent, the kicker for Cincy was punting. They had to pick up punters off the waiver wire for the playoffs. They can bring 90 guys to camp, might as well get some punters familiar with the scheme.

What's this about? Rated 29 out of 54 punters in 2013. 40.2 yard average? Unless the dude has been on steroids for a year this is stupid.

This from Kohl's professional kicking camp in 2012. "Dombrowski is someone that stood out the last couple of years at the National Elite Camp. We had multiple 5.2-5.4 hang-times on his punts. The ball accelerates off his foot very well. He has great leg speed and has refined his punting to the point where he was a weapon this year at Harvard. He played in some harsh conditions and open ended stadiums and still averaged 44.0 yards a punt on 42 punts. His long punt was 74 yards, and he was a weapon in pinning teams deep in their territory.Dombrowski is someone that can compete with anyone in the 2013 draft class." Sounds like he's at least worth a look. He can't be much worse than Moorman.

This from Kohl's professional kicking camp in 2012. "Dombrowski is someone that stood out the last couple of years at the National Elite Camp. We had multiple 5.2-5.4 hang-times on his punts. The ball accelerates off his foot very well. He has great leg speed and has refined his punting to the point where he was a weapon this year at Harvard. He played in some harsh conditions and open ended stadiums and still averaged 44.0 yards a punt on 42 punts. His long punt was 74 yards, and he was a weapon in pinning teams deep in their territory.Dombrowski is someone that can compete with anyone in the 2013 draft class." Sounds like he's at least worth a look. He can't be much worse than Moorman.

National Elite Camp, Smahional Elite Camp - a TBD poster said this is stupid and he's ranked 29 out of 54 punters and that's enough for me!

Love the overreaction to every signing the Bills make. He'll either shine and make the team, or not. I'm pretty sure his cap hit isn't going to cramp our style...

I agree. Moorman's probably chuckling over this; not really viable competition.

I was actually expecting them to bring in some stiffer competition for Moorman.

He may actually turn out to be a stiff, so there's that.

Do you really think the Bills are bringing in a punter just for kicks(sorry). Moorman is no longer an elite punter, far from it. I was surprised they signed him in the offseason to come back. The Bills will bring in people with the hopes of improving the team, whether a long shot or a solid prospect, they will try to improve. I don't believe this is a situation where we just bring in someone for reps. If we go into the season thinking we are in great shape at punter, that's a bad move.

Also, if you were expecting stiffer competition - who would you bring in instead and why?