Donald Trump asked to invest in the Bills

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trump to buy the Bills. Trump to run for Governor. Trump to run for President.

It's all for publicity. He wants everyone to be talking about Trump. He has no intentions of buying this team. He just wants to look like a good guy. "If I did buy the team I would keep them in Buffalo!" I can't believe anyone takes this guy seriously anymore

I can't believe you can see the tactic, but not understand the strategy.

I cannot believe this thread has 12 pages already...

If you listen closely enough, you can almost hear Trump enthusiastically enjoying his gold plated penis pump as he gets off from all the attention he's getting.

I can't believe you have ruined a hilarious thread. Well, it's already ruined. So...let's get into it....

Look: most of, if not all, of the anti-Trump people here are that way PURELY for political reasons. :rolleyes: They don't like it that Trump attacked their hero(and what a perfectly reflective hero for them, in every way). They especially don't like it that Trump used their own shameless tactics against them. Yeah, cry somebody else a river, because I don't care. I mean, it's not like we are talking about Trump attacking Jimmy Cater...

:lol: Big tears coming. Big tears. :lol:

But before the tears, and before this goes to PPP, :lol:, let me say: If Donald Trump bought this team, EVERY Bills fan would instantly know 2 things to be 100% true, now and forever:

1. Trump would make it work in Buffalo, and only in Buffalo.

As I've shown above, the tactics have been recognized, but not the strategy. Let me explain: of course Trump is an attention whore. Great, you've stated the obvious. :rolleyes: How about talking about what that means? It means: Trump would never move the team. He can't, and won't doesn't even enter into it. He would never, ever get as much attention, and truly be "loved", inasmuch as he can be, by moving the team elsewhere. He brought up Bills fans, because he knows this. Everywhere else he relatively anonymous. In Buffalo, he would be king....of attention.

By keeping the team in Buffalo and being successful, despite attractive offers to move, despite a challenging(or, as people in ~45 other states would call it: blatantly stupid) business environment, and despite whatever other real/invented difficulties...Trump would get to relay all of them to us. He would get to tell us all about his problems, and what he is doing to solve them, on WGR...every day. (Not saying this would be a happy time for us :))

All the crap that has been said in this thread? It all boils down to the same thing. If you really believe all the bad things you've said about Trump, then you are also locked in to the fact that he will NEVER move the team. Not when he gains so much of what...you say...is most important to him.

2. Trump Will Do Everything to Win

It's the same point as above, just re-directed to winning. If Donald Trump wants to talk billionaire schit about dopey Mark Cuban's golf swing? In public? :lol: if he wants to hurl invective over net worth? How well do you think he will react if Bob Kraft's team beats his?

That's who will kill this deal: Bob Kraft. Kraft knows he has 2 stooge owners in this division, and he wants a third! :lol: The last thing he wants is for Donald Trump, who will take any 2 TD+ defeat as a personal insult, to start throwing $ around in the NFL. If Trump is exactly who you all say he is, then he will be the best NFL owner that has ever lived. He will run Art Rooney right out of Canton, alive or dead.

The downside of these types of owners is of course: The Redskins and Cowboys. But, faced with the prospects of keeping the team here, and an owner who throws $ around at FA? We are whining? Why in the hell would we ever whine about that, after we've spent how many years on this board whining about the polar opposite?

:wallbash: Somebody wake me up when this thread starts to make sense. In ALL cases, anyone who is telling us that Donald Trump would be a bad owner probably has a political/personal problem, because objective analysis says the exact opposite.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

I can't believe you have ruined a hilarious thread. Well, it's already ruined. So...let's get into it....

Look: most of, if not all, of the anti-Trump people here are that way PURELY for political reasons. :rolleyes: They don't like it that Trump attacked their hero(and what a perfectly reflective hero for them, in every way). They especially don't like it that Trump used their own shameless tactics against them. Yeah, cry somebody else a river, because I don't care. I mean, it's not like we are talking about Trump attacking Jimmy Cater...

But before the tears, and before this goes to PPP, :lol:, let me say: If Donald Trump bought this team, EVERY Bills fan would instantly know 2 things to be 100% true, now and forever:

As I've shown above, the tactics have been recognized, but not the strategy. Let me explain: of course Trump is an attention whore. Great, you've stated the obvious. :rolleyes: How about talking about what that means? It means: Trump would never move the team. He can't, and won't doesn't even enter into it. He would never, ever get as much attention, and truly be "loved", inasmuch as he can be, by moving the team elsewhere. He brought up Bills fans, because he knows this. Everywhere else he relatively anonymous. In Buffalo, he would be king....of attention.

By keeping the team in Buffalo and being successful, despite attractive offers to move, despite a challenging(or, as people in ~45 other states would call it: blatantly stupid) business environment, and despite whatever other real/invented difficulties...Trump would get to relay all of them to us. He would get to tell us all about his problems, and what he is doing to solve them, on WGR...every day. (Not saying this would be a happy time for us :))

All the crap that has been said in this thread? It all boils down to the same thing. If you really believe all the bad things you've said about Trump, then you are also locked in to the fact that he will NEVER move the team. Not when he gains so much of what...you say...is most important to him.

It's the same point as above, just re-directed to winning. If Donald Trump wants to talk billionaire schit about dopey Mark Cuban's golf swing? In public? :lol: if he wants to hurl invective over net worth? How well do you think he will react if Bob Kraft's team beats his?

That's who will kill this deal: Bob Kraft. Kraft knows he has 2 stooge owners in this division, and he wants a third! :lol: The last thing he wants is for Donald Trump, who will take any 2 TD+ defeat as a personal insult, to start throwing $ around in the NFL. If Trump is exactly who you all say he is, then he will be the best NFL owner that has ever lived. He will run Art Rooney right out of Canton, alive or dead.

The downside of these types of owners is of course: The Redskins and Cowboys. But, faced with the prospects of keeping the team here, and an owner who throws $ around at FA? We are whining? Why in the hell would we ever whine about that, after we've spent how many years on this board whining about the polar opposite?

:wallbash: Somebody wake me up when this thread starts to make sense. In ALL cases, anyone who is telling us that Donald Trump would be a bad owner probably has a political/personal problem, because objective analysis says the exact opposite.

He's filed for bankruptcy on multiple occasions? :lol: What a winner! On top of that he's such a classy guy.

@OC, I see nothing in Trump's resume that makes him a "winner." If anything he has a history of cutting his losses when his bluster fails to scare his opponent off.

As I mentioned before, I have family who have dealt with Trump directly in the past. Let's just say if you had dealings with him your opinion might be different.

You can tell a lot about a man by the way he carries himself, conducts business and treats others. Trump is no mystery in that regard.

1. Do you seriously think he is all about being a hero in Buffalo and that forces him to keep the team there? Really?? This is nonsense. Trump will do whatever makes him the most money and feeds his ego the most. Being the hero of people in dinky Buffalo NY is irrelevant. Mr. Media Whore would be loved by the people wherever he moved the team, and the bigger the market the better for his ego as well as his bottom line. Maybe he would end up keeping the Bills in Buffalo and maybe he would not. But he is by no means locked into anything because of the love of Buffalonians.

2. I agree with this. The only exception being if winning does not make him the most money or feed his ego the most. Those are the two things he values most. Turing a turd into a winner would certainly be an ego booster so turning the Bills into a winner would be high on his list to be sure.

well said!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Speak for yourself with respect to political motivations. Trump was an a-hole long before he became politically active. I do not need the last 6 years or so to form a judgment of a man who has been in the public eye much longer than that. I am not going to bother to to list all the reasons he is an untrustworthy, dishonest, self aggrandizing poor excuse for a human being. He has a lifetime record - look it up - and save the politics and self-righteousness for another time and place.

Edited by MDFan

How would everyone feel about "The Buffalo Bills of Toronto".... similar deal to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

And what if they still played some games at RWS? I mean, it's better than completely relocating out West.

Or build a mega stadium in Niagara Falls, CAN? It might take something creative to keep them around.

How would everyone feel about "The Buffalo Bills of Toronto".... similar deal to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.

And what if they still played some games at RWS? I mean, it's better than completely relocating out West.

Or build a mega stadium in Niagara Falls, CAN? It might take something creative to keep them around.

betrayed, heartbroken, bitter, possibly even suicidal,

hows that?

@OC, I see nothing in Trump's resume that makes him a "winner." If anything he has a history of cutting his losses when his bluster fails to scare his opponent off.

As I mentioned before, I have family who have dealt with Trump directly in the past. Let's just say if you had dealings with him your opinion might be different.

You can tell a lot about a man by the way he carries himself, conducts business and treats others. Trump is no mystery in that regard.

Yeah, Donald trump, the 4 time Billionaire...he's not a winner. :lol: What exactly is your standard then?

I can respect where your coming from PTR ,

but the way I see it If D Trump ends up helping us secure the Bills long term , does it in part out of a friendship for JK,

It would help improve D Trump's tarnished image,

win, win situation...

Yeah, Donald trump, the 4 time Billionaire...he's not a winner. :lol: What exactly is your standard then?

Money from his father and he's filed bankruptcy a number of times. Having money doesn't make you a winner.

Edited by nucci

You are absolutely right, you have convinced me. Donald Trump would indeed make a fantastic owner of the Bills who would really help make the Bills winners and be an advocate for WNY and the good people of Buffalo. Maybe he could replace Brandon with that old George guy, or more likely one of his offspring.

lol

It is clear that you adopt Trump's name-calling strategy in referring to the dopey Mark Cuban, an actual major franchise owner the ilk of which a fan like me could only dream of.

And his Shark Tank reality show is one thousand times more captivating than Trump's tired exercise in "let's see how much money these B-listers can extort from thier contacts to raise for charity."

Money from his father and he's filed bankruptcy a number of times. Having money doesn't make you a winner.

Curious, Do you think business ventures are always successful ?

and Isn't it very possible past experiences in failed business ventures has taught D Trump something?

It takes balls to do what D Trump does for a living,

and it would take big balls to buy the Bills,

Trumps got them...

well said!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Well, he certainly used a lot of words...and emoticons...OC trademarks. But OC still doesn't offer anyting other than opinion, as to why Trump would be a good owner for the Bills, or any professional sports team, for that matter. His history doesn't really indicate this...and his bluster is just bluster.

Edited by Buftex