Houston looking to trade 1st pick (Buffalo?)

Sanchez is more a rusted out 1978 Plymouth with a shot motor. I don't know what Manziel is long term, but I know it would be fun..

Funny come back about Sanchez, I got a chuckle. Manziel won't be fun if he doesn't pan out. I personally don't like either because they both have z's in their last name !!! :ph34r:

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny come back about Sanchez, I got a chuckle. Manziel won't be fun if he doesn't pan out. I personally don't like either because they both have z's in their last name !!! :ph34r:

Well it could be worse they could both have X's. Wait that could move this to PPP. Yeah maybe short term fun but at lest we could step out, for once, to a night on the town.

Listened to Murph again tonight...Have to say I get a kick out of how obviously irritated he gets when this rumor is brought up...You can tell it's not his favorite subject...

And for the record I really like Murph...It's just funny to hear the change in his voice and how short he gets with callers when they bring it up...

Have to say if this story had even a hint of validity I think Murph would be a little more open to discussing the possibility... B-)

Listened to Murph again tonight...Have to say I get a kick out of how obviously irritated he gets when this rumor is brought up...You can tell it's not his favorite subject...

And for the record I really like Murph...It's just funny to hear the change in his voice and how short he gets with callers when they bring it up...

Have to say if this story had even a hint of validity I think Murph would be a little more open to discussing the possibility... B-)

Murph is definitely not feeling the Manziel to the Bills talk. :lol:

It's not gonna happen.

wow. That is some of the best banter I've ever seen anywhere. And by guys in the Biffalo Media too.

"Your right, because I drank steel reserve, like a man"

Best quote ever.

Edited by mrags

• 3 weeks later...

Another article citing the Bills as a possible trade up candidate although it doesn't offer anything really new. But Schopp and Bulldog will love it.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/24534678/monday-musings-scouts-wise-to-believe-clowney-will-succeed-in-nfl

On Friday schopp had a purely speculative although interesting point. With ownership in the air, so is the future of Whaley and Marrone unless they win this year. Does this make them more likely to deal future picks since they could very well be the picks of a different coach/gm/owner?

Edited by FluffHead

He is generally good but when he champions very mediocre players murph comes off as a bills PR man. Scott Chandler must have sent Murph a Xmas card because he poo poos Ebron and talks about Chandler like he is an elite TE.

Another article citing the Bills as a possible trade up candidate although it doesn't offer anything really new. But Schopp and Bulldog will love it.

http://mweb.cbssport...-succeed-in-nfl

On Friday schopp had a purely speculative although interesting point. With ownership in the air, so is the future of Whaley and Marrone unless they win this year. Does this make them more likely to deal future picks since they could very well be the picks of a different coach/gm/owner?

Good link - thanks. Interesting comment from Prisco:

"Some have speculated that the signing of quarterback Josh Freeman by the Giants sends a message about Eli Manning being on the downside of his career and concern about his ankle that recently required surgery. I think it's more of an indictment of last year's pick, Ryan Nassib. If he made progress last season, the Giants probably wouldn't need to sign Freeman. But he didn't."

Any good GM is going to be "all in" with any current starter ... until they can upgrade at that position.

I don't think that is the case here, at least this year. JMO.

Unless one of us becomes a mind reader and taps into Whaley's thoughts we will never know. But I strongly believe if there was a QB in this draft that Whaley thought was a slam dunk quality long term starter, he would pull the trigger. He would be a fool not to.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bills were looking to trade up. In fact, I think that it is more likely that they trade out of 9 (either way) than pick there. It appears that they will miss out on the elite guys at 9 and I don't see them reaching. IMO, they are either going to go and get one of those elite guys or try to get an extra guy in that next tier.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Unless one of us becomes a mind reader and taps into Whaley's thoughts we will never know. But I strongly believe if there was a QB in this draft that Whaley thought was a slam dunk quality long term starter, he would pull the trigger. He would be a fool not to.

Absolutely. But zero people that I know of have indicated that is the case this year. That is why I don't think he could possibly just be blowing smoke they are "all in" on EJ, this year.

Good link - thanks. Interesting comment from Prisco:

"Some have speculated that the signing of quarterback Josh Freeman by the Giants sends a message about Eli Manning being on the downside of his career and concern about his ankle that recently required surgery. I think it's more of an indictment of last year's pick, Ryan Nassib. If he made progress last season, the Giants probably wouldn't need to sign Freeman. But he didn't."

That can't be. Such luminaries as Greg Cosell had Nassib as the BEST quarterback in the draft last year. All anyone needed to know about Nassib, is that his own college coach didn't see fit to take him.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't think the Bills even know at this point. It gets down to whether any or all the QBs are drafted at the top. There is a very real possibility that nobody feels like drafting one of these guys before 10. On the other hand, if Bortles or Manziel is taken, the big six become in play potentially.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the Bills were looking to trade up. In fact, I think that it is more likely that they trade out of 9 (either way) than pick there. It appears that they will miss out on the elite guys at 9 and I don't see them reaching. IMO, they are either going to go and get one of those elite guys or try to get an extra guy in that next tier.

Yep