Johnny Manziel thread

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what? Rape? Having your campus police act like the "see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" monkeys? Having alumni in the state attorney's office sweep your messed up bi-sexual date rape lifestyle under the rug?

Yes, Winston is better at all of those things....I would agree.

Manziel was crucified for being a rich brat, Winston was glorified for raping a "skank".....American society as it now exists.

Wow what a tool. Get a clue before you spew nonsense. Check out the DAs record of convicting FSU players and get back to me.

A blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. The guy is a freaking idiot.

I happen to agree with his assessment, Manziel is electric but he won't be able to play that way in the NFL. He is compared to Vick and doesn't have the same arm or athleticism as Vick coming out. And Vick did it with literally no supporting cast. Three NFL scouts pointed out the same things Hoge did months ago. that's not to say he doesn't have the talent, that's obvious but playing QB in college and the NFL are two different animals. Ask tebow...

A blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut. The guy is a freaking idiot.

remember the time he said we should cut stevie the night of the jets celebration. no matter what you think of stevie, thats a ridiculous stance to take.

hes not one of my favorite.

if i recall, on the qb resume i think he said he liked brohm over aaron rodgers in the national football league and that cam had no future in the national football league (because he always says national football league)

Edited by NoSaint

I don't have a dog in this fight, but Merrill Hoge is one of the stupidest functioning humans in this country.

He does have a super sweet tie knot though.

Manziel will be awesome for like 5 games, the hype will go crazy, fans will pump this thread, and then he will fizzle out.

Tarkenton 2.0. Can't count the kid out, but he's gotta learn to be a pocket passer and find passing lanes to throw from. Sure, once in a while on a designed rollout, etc. he'll surprise a defense. But that will never be bread and butter in the NFL where you have to make a defense defend the entire field. Can't do that anywhere but from in the pocket where a QB has the entire field at his disposal.

But he'll be fun to watch when his protection breaks down. Just like Franny.

GO BILLS!!!!

right, we shouldn't ignore how important the defense defend in the entire field. http://weiketrade.hk/Product/nsort249-1.html Edited by billsfan1989

disclaimer....i did not read all 9 pages of this, but lolllllll it is funny how emotional everyone gets over Manziel.

An opinion: I picture a guy who would get us to 10 wins right away (which i don't think Manuel will ever do) but then can't get you over the hump because a good defense will be able to contain him. Like a slightly better version of Flutie.

I'd take the 10 wins and the hope over what we have going on right now.

disclaimer....i did not read all 9 pages of this, but lolllllll it is funny how emotional everyone gets over Manziel.

An opinion: I picture a guy who would get us to 10 wins right away (which i don't think Manuel will ever do) but then can't get you over the hump because a good defense will be able to contain him. Like a slightly better version of Flutie.

I also didn't read the rest of the thread but i think along simular line, wiyth these reservation:one thing tho Ej may surprise, 2nd a lesser version oF Flutie. The man was a good qB by the time he got to Bflo..3rd want a SB not anything less.i guees i say no. but if doug drafts him I won't mind that much, he did earn that nick, exciting guy. With an excelle t D maybe you get to the big game.

Like Flutie, he'll need a few years to develop first. He ain't taking anybody to 10 wins his first year.

GO BILLS!!!

Actions speak louder than words. His actions portray a different person.

Everyone sounds good in Gruden's little TV show, BTW.

He was well mannered and a total gamer. I'd draft him in a heartbeat.