Bills playoff chances even better this year?

Ending the playoff drought during a year that the playoffs are expanded would be exceedingly 'Billsy'.

You mean you could see us playing the 2 seed in foxboro and then commentators on Monday arguing that it was crazy to add a team?

it seems like goddell is resistant to it, but i like the idea and not just because it gives the bills a better chance of getting in again.

every year there seems to be a very good team which gets left out of the playoffs because winning the division is a lock to get in. you see teams that go 10-6 not make the playoffs like the cardinals last year while a few years ago seattle made the playoffs with a losing record because they won the worst division that year.

Ending the playoff drought during a year that the playoffs are expanded would be exceedingly 'Billsy'.

Says a guy that post constantly on a Bills site. You spend a considerable amount of time thinking about a team you despise and you think the Bills have issues.

I was thinking more a like a "Win One For The Gipper" scenario where the Bills roll this year in memory of RW and in honor of JK. :thumbsup:

I was thinking a bit about Ralph now being able to make the ball bounce in the Bills favor now. I picture Ralph having a conversation with the football gods going something like this" Ralph, we fugged with you for 50 years, now you are up here with us, we gunna make up for it. This time you gunna win 4 in a row, not just go"

You mean you could see us playing the 2 seed in foxboro and then commentators on Monday arguing that it was crazy to add a team?

That's all that is going to happen. Whoever squeaks in will get maybe one win in before losing. They'll end up facing the #1 seed if they win.

Imagine the Jets making the playoffs and beating the Chargers or whoever they'd have faced then having to play Denver.

Or the Cardinals beating Phili then having to play Seattle.

It's not a great idea.

it seems like goddell is resistant to it, but i like the idea and not just because it gives the bills a better chance of getting in again.

every year there seems to be a very good team which gets left out of the playoffs because winning the division is a lock to get in. you see teams that go 10-6 not make the playoffs like the cardinals last year while a few years ago seattle made the playoffs with a losing record because they won the worst division that year.

I understand this point, but that's what the two wild cards are for. While the Cardinals were a really good team and probably deserved to make the playoffs over Green Bay, the fact is that two other non division winners still beat them out for a playoff spot. Keeping the playoff teams to six makes them that much more important and exciting. Sure, we get some average division winners, but then the solution shouldn't be to add a wild card team, it would be to eliminate auto-in for division winners or have a smaller number of divisions with more teams in them (although I can't get behind that because the scheduling works so nicely the way they have it now).

The Bills are not one of those 10-6 teams that don't make it in. How does this improve the Bills chance of getting into the playoffs?

The Bills are not one of those 10-6 teams that don't make it in. How does this improve the Bills chance of getting into the playoffs?

It increases our mathematical odds, so the team doesn't up and quit halfway through the season.

Fun fact: if there had been 8 teams allowed into the afc playoffs the last 14 years, the bills would have made it in a grand total of zero more times.

What about the year we lost to the Steelers, their backups and Fast Willie Parker in week 17

Unless they compete for the Super Bowl, the narrative is the same: like Lucy pulling the football at the last second. It's the focus on the Bills' losses that will get headlines, not the wins...not making the playoffs.

So I truly don't care if they make the playoffs unless they have a reasonable chance of winning the whole f'ing thing.

Fun fact: if there had been 8 teams allowed into the afc playoffs the last 14 years, the bills would have made it in a grand total of zero more times.

Well, you know, we can't go back in time, so....

It increases our mathematical odds, so the team doesn't up and quit halfway through the season.

This alone would make the NFL better

It sure does !

Doesn't help us to win that game and become eliminated immediately but hey ! What the heck why not , really ?