So...What happens next?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We always heard about a plan, but the plan could also be the screw you Buffalo plan.

There are plenty of posters on this site and other Bills fan sites that have been calling Ralph cheap for years as recently as yesterday.

Ralph's dying wish might be just say you know what screw you Buffalo I'm sick of your cheap ass ways, and your $40 tickets, and no sellouts in December. I'm moving the team to Los Angeles and getting $200 per ticket. My legacy is to rebrand the Bills team to something else, new logos new jersey's, and most importantly new revenue.

I'm sure of course I'll get blasted by everyone on this site For even suggesting this.

Anything is possible, but the Ralph I have grown to know over the last 35 years wouldn't do this. What it really comes down to is this man loved football n he LOVED BUFFALO. He could have done what u say years ago n enjoyed even more Rich's ( remember Ralph is cheap ) I have bagged on him for years, but a lot of FANS have and rightfully so some of the time. What it comes down to is what he has done for the league, small market teams and most of all WNY. I used to refuse to call Rich stadium "The Ralph" that changed today and it is said it took this to happen to be reminded of all the good the man did, and i think will continue to do......

Well I found this blurp from the official website/announcement of his passing:

"Right now all of us are absorbing this tremendous personal loss. We are performing our day-to-day functions as we normally would. We understand our fans curiosity in wanting to know what the future holds for our organization and that will be addressed in the near future. But at this time, we are committed to honoring the life and legacy of Ralph C. Wilson, Jr., the man who delivered NFL football to Buffalo."

I guess I take that as in there is some sort of plan in place which I hope is good news, but honestly right now I'm still sad at the passing of Mr Wilson... he has brought so much to Buffalo and all of WNY... my entire life as a sports fan has been dominated by the fact that he brought AND KEPT the Bills here. Win or lose, I still have NFL football to be passionate about and I owe it all to him, his family and the passion to keep the Bills here. I'm praying the Bills remain in the only city they should ever call home.

I took this loss a lot harder than I thought.

McD, I am with you. Wilson loved this community and was a great man. He championed some great years for me during my prime. Early 80's as a kid, and 86-99 as a young adult. It was awesome! I will miss you Ralph.

I wonder if the forum populace will be affected by his passing in a positive way . Maybe more appreciation of what we are lucky to endure all these years : )

Especially after seeing the sincere appreciation coming to the surface

Lets hope we All can be respectfull here to fore , to the Man that gave and kept us Our Beloved Buffalo Bills all this time .

Thank you for that Mr Ralph Wilson Jr.

I do think with Gulisano, Pegula, the Rich's and possibly the Jacob's; we should be ok....

I honestly still can't get over the thought of another person owning this team. I wish he will/could have left it in the family...

This sucks...

Yes we mourn but this is not the death of an ordinary citizen. The situation is similar to that of a head of state or a great corporation. The king is dead give him his due but long live the king/queen. The mourning period and the transition must be as seamless as possible. I am sure that there is a plan in place. The sooner we know it the better for everyone. A great man has passed we will never forget him. "What is next?"4 Is a very legitimate question

I didn't like this in the Gaughan article:

Long-time Bills treasurer Jeffrey C. Littmann is one of the executors of Wilson's estate, and he will be part of the decision-making team in charge of overseeing the sale of the team.

I remember Ed Kilgore from Channel 2 during his final few months on the air, speaking about the fact he had spoken to a potential ownership group who does have the money to purchase the team and possibly build a new stadium in WNY. A short time later he went to work for Terry Pegula, could he be the potential owner Kilgore was referring to?

Somebody give Ed a ring please.

I didn't like this in the Gaughan article:

Long-time Bills treasurer Jeffrey C. Littmann is one of the executors of Wilson's estate, and he will be part of the decision-making team in charge of overseeing the sale of the team.

The concern is that they really do pull a "Major League" and dump what few good players we have (large contracts) to free up cash for the heirs...

I honestly hope a new group and sale happens quickly or that RW did in fact leave it to his wife....

as was posted in this thread....we need to win the whole damn thing

So...

Good thing the lease just got renewed. We should have 7 years hopefully left of Bills football. Guess Ralph's will and succession plan will be known. Will JKs group still buy the team?

Lots of sad news for us Bills fans, but wonder what is next...

thoughts?

Im not ready to move that far ahead yet.

Give me a week and we shall talk then.