Bills Pre-Draft Visits

iommi

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is he going to offer this team we do not have already? We don't need his type of back and Hackett has shown no ability to use Spiller (not sure if tbats because CJ was injured, tho). And we do not need a returner.

Odd to me

What is he going to offer this team we do not have already? We don't need his type of back and Hackett has shown no ability to use Spiller (not sure if tbats because CJ was injured, tho). And we do not need a returner.

Odd to me

Maybe they were asking him questions about Cyril Richardson?

Odd to me

I resent the notion that Hackett can't use Spiller. "Get him in space" they said. Anyone else witness the unmitigated disaster that was the non-Levitre line trying to run a screen in 2013?

May be if he hit the hole once in a while, Hackett would have had more freedom, rather than facing a 3rd and 9 on what seemed like every single drive.

Odd to me

its just a pre-draft visit

I resent the notion that Hackett can't use Spiller. "Get him in space" they said. Anyone else witness the unmitigated disaster that was the non-Levitre line trying to run a screen in 2013?

May be if he hit the hole once in a while, Hackett would have had more freedom, rather than facing a 3rd and 9 on what seemed like every single drive.

Supposedly one of Chris Williams' strengths is blocking for screens.

Fred won't be around forever, and there is no guarantee that Spiller gets a contract extension. The correct way to use Spiller is to hand him the ball. As an NFL RB, you have to be productive between the tackles. It isn't rocket science and Spiller made mistakes, while hobbled with an injury, behind an inconsistent O-line. As for Williams being good on screens, that started as a quote out of an article and has now become a catch phrase. The fact is that Williams is not good at it, yet. His strength is phone booth run-blocking, hat on hat, move his man out of the damn way. The run game will improve this season for many reasons. It's just a feeling I have about this crew. The inside zone will evolve this year. I can feel it.

Teams are allowed to bring in up to 30 players for visits. No big deal since you only start a draft with 7 picks until trades happen and you will still never see a team have 30 picks in one year. There will be many more guys come in that we will not be drafting.

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 10h

Breaking: Indiana WR Cody Latimer will make a pre-draft visit to the #Bills, per source.

This guy is a 2nd rounder at very best... thought he was a 3-4 rounder but he has had good combine and pro-day and seems to be trending upward on draft boards. I watch a lot of Big 10 (yes, even IU) and this kid is not a #1 WR IMO... good size and speed an he was a good college WR...interesting they would bring him in. I think he is a poor man's Robert Woods. Something they normally do for a mid-rounder?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Any measurables?

I am aware what Google is and how to use it but I cannot access atm.

Yep he is 6'2" 215. He ran a 4.39-4.43 at his pro day. If I recall, basketball was his first sport. The reason I see him as a poor man's Woods is that I think he is more of a possession WR but didn't put up anywhere near the numbers of Woods and for the Big 10, he played in a very aggressive offense. Edited by YoloinOhio

Since when is a guy with speed in the 4.4 range a 'possession' receiver?

And I would put Woods in that category either.

It's just that our passing game was so dysfuntional last year, we couldn't take advantage of all his ability.

Edited by Wagon Circler

I would have no problem with this as later round developmental pick. But picking him in the third would be like picking TJ in the third. A huge reach when we have real needs and a lot of real talent available in those need areas that could contribute immediately. Considering the talent available above him, noway I would use a 3rd on him. Now in the 5th.

Since when is a guy with speed in the 4.4 range a 'possession' receiver?

And I would put Woods in that category either.

It's just that our passing game was so dysfuntional last year, we couldn't take advantage of all his ability.

That's how he was used, from the games I saw. He didn't seem to have the ability to separate from good DBs (or even the ones at OSU).He may be fast in the straightline 40, but he didn't have the quickness or elusiveness to not go right down at contact.

A Big Receiver from Indiana . . . How long until we hear a comparison to a former draft pick . . .

I thought about that. Totally different players though. Many won't be able to get past the IU part.

Latimer is one of these guys that's simply an unbelievable athlete; he can explode during any one game, but then he'll have long stretches where he disappears.

Some videos:

http://draftbreakdow...s/cody-latimer/

Thanks - I watched the plays from the MSU game because I remembered he had a TD and that was arguably the best D in the country last year - wanted to see it was against Dennard and it was. I don't see him as a great NFL prospect but what do I know, I just really like some of the other guys better unless they are looking at him for a later round pick but with Woods in the fold I don't see the need for Latimer.

Buffalo Bills@buffalobills 1m

#Bills hosting pre-draft visits for WR Cody Latimer, TE Troy Nicklas: http://ow.ly/vihEJ pic.twitter.com/FiGFL3qRsv

I am really excited the Bills are looking at Niklas. He would be a nice fit in this offense.

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 13m

Here's my column on a #Bills / Troy Niklas fit ---> http://bit.ly/1e9jarO

Chris Trapasso@ChrisTrapasso 13m

And my mini-scouting report on Troy Niklas and Rob Gronkowski comparison from a few months ago ---> http://bit.ly/1nTChdS

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills 6m

TE Nicklas related to OT Jake Matthews http://wp.me/plmrg-9Tq

big fan of Niklas. Obviously biassed because I am also an Irish fan but he filled in for Tyler Eifert very well and is only scratching the surface of his potential. I'd love to get Mike Evans in the first then Niklas in the 2nd or 3rd

Evans and Niklas are both favorites of mine as well.